• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] Minimum level of karma needed for 100% success at Remove Curse?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anybody know the lowest amount of karma I can have before Remove Curse fizzles on me? Got a few extra points on my necro mage and since Remove Curse is so fun for thwarting mystics and other necros I figured I could stick a little Chivalry on the template for RC. Problem is, necro spells make you lose karma, and RC is one of the spells where success is based upon the caster's karma. Would be nice to know how low I can go before I have to take time out to bash a few beasties :D

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure, but I thought I would be cool and play around on my ABC archer template by removing 100 resist spells and add 40 necro and 60 SS. I went from over 20k karma to -2k karma in one day and can rarely remove curse. I guess I need to rely on apples. Also, its a big deal I guess because failures consumes mana.

-Lorax

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hard to tell exact numbers. Can only give very rough estimates from experience.
It also depends on the strength of the curse you are trying to remove.
In pvm , on a 0 resist char i found less then 5k karma very unreliable and no problems above 10k karma.

May be different for pvp with 120 resist vs 120 eval/ss , but i guess with 10k karma you would be on the safe side.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't know exactly either, but I've noticed it at 2k and under it fails quite a lot, and never at 10k.