• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Minimal Points needed to get a 120 Fishing Powerscroll ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assuming that all bugs problems related to awarding the correct points to the Fishmonger Quests have been fixed, and that poiints are awarded as intended:

- 1 point per Shallow Water fish
- 2 points per Deep Water fish
- 2 points per named Crab/Lobster
- 3 points per Dungeon fish

What would be the minimal points' fishmonger order that could have a chance to give a 120 Fishing Powerscroll as a reward ?

That's what a player should expect or is there other problems conflicting with these expectations ?

S

soulstoner

I witnessed 210 point resulting in at 120 PS :) very interested to see if any lower points resulted....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe at least one, if not both, of my 120s came from 200 pointers.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I believe at least one, if not both, of my 120s came from 200 pointers.
you have 2 ? I have been trying sense the release I fish every day lol and nothing

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, I got 2, but it took about 200 quests to get the second, and that was with buying a lot of 100-count Commodity Deeds of crabs and dungeon fish for when my quests outstripped the combined fishing efforts of me and Dark Angel XXXX (we both fished, but only I ran the quests). We sold the second 120 for only a couple million more than what we spent on fish vendors (20 million). When you have 50-200 of every other fish, and none of a dungeon fish 3 different quests want 20 of, you get desperate.

Skill-wise, the first ws at 109.7, and the second was somewhere around 112 (assume GGS gains, as some days I'd get 2-3 gains, other days I wouldn't fish at all).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
for me it is always fred lobster and cod for some reason!

K

Kim Li of LS

are the points not:
.5 shore
1 sea
1 crab/lobster
1.5 dungeon

?

my orders that result in baits seem to give 1 use per point with the above scale...then again it might be .5 uses per point w the OP scale, not really sure.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been debating on posting this at all since I dont have exact details. But I got my +20 from a very low point quest. I do remember it was a 6 line quest. 3 lines were dungeon fish and one line was freshwater. I cant remember the other two. I got it at 115 skill.

It freaked me out because it was so low in points. I screen shot my quests into paint on a second monitor then recall back to my fish barrel to collect the appropriate fish. I remember spending a few minutes looking between my new +20 and the screen shot of the quest that got it in disbelief.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
are the points not:
.5 shore
1 sea
1 crab/lobster
1.5 dungeon
Not exactly.

The QUEST SYSTEM points in the actual programming on the server are 1/2/2/3.

The NUMBER OF BAIT USES are the Quest System points divided by 2, with the number of uses capped at 100, and half-points are dropped. This gives the APPEARANCE of 0.5/1/1/1.5, but introduces rounding errors if you treat the derived numbers as the actual number. (not to mention the large number of people that look at decimals/fractions as if they were being asked to translate something into ancient sanskrit, but are at least capable of understanding dividing by two).

Unfortunately, the 0.5/1/1/1.5 approximation of the real system has quite a few fans, including one of the pre-eminant EC mod makers, who ignore the fact that the devs initially had no clue what was being talked about when they posted stuff questioning the system using those decimals. The devs had no reason to think of the system other than the whole numbers (1/2/2/3) they'd actually stated in other posts, not realizing that people would attempt their own reverse-engineering of the system using the derived number of baits in a reward. The devs were going like "What are these people taling about? We have no decimal-based systems in the code, only whole numbers", and the resulting confusion resulted in a 2-3 month delay in recognition and correction of the Crustacean (crab/lobster) value bug.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been debating on posting this at all since I dont have exact details. But I got my +20 from a very low point quest. I do remember it was a 6 line quest. 3 lines were dungeon fish and one line was freshwater. I cant remember the other two. I got it at 115 skill.

It freaked me out because it was so low in points. I screen shot my quests into paint on a second monitor then recall back to my fish barrel to collect the appropriate fish. I remember spending a few minutes looking between my new +20 and the screen shot of the quest that got it in disbelief.

Well, if the 3 Dungeon Fish lines were for 20 dungeon fish each, that's not really that low....

I mean, 20 Dungeon fish x 3 = 60 points.

Three lines of these mean 60 x 3 = 180 points.

Add some crabs/lobs lines, even of a low count, and your order was above 200 easy.......

So, it all depends on what those 3 Dungeon fish lines were for.......

S

soulstoner

Looking like 200 point crate is the lowest value reported to date here for the minimal points...

I turned in a 210 pointer last night & RNG dealt me a 115 PS - I am happy - I'll hold it till I get to 110.0 and ingest it then if I haven't drawn a 120 yet... I'm at 108.8 atm. I'm getting there one step at a time. :)

But reported earlier roomie got 120 from a 210 point crate. lucky pants