• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mines of Moria?

H

Hukk

I reciently baled on Age of Conan and I'm thinking about coming back to LOTRO to play a creep. Do I need the Mines of Moria expansion to play a creep? Any info would be appreciated.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nay, you do not need the expansion to play the Shadows of Angmar content and classes. Although I would recommend getting it as it unlocks Moria and other delights. The digital upgrade is quick and somewhat cheap.

If you used The Download Manager, I'd suggest totally uninstalling LotRO and TDM and download the full client directly and not through TDM. There were many problems with TDM and patching up to MoM, where the regular (CD/DVD or Digital Download) Installation and patcher was almost flawless, with only isolated hiccups. Best to just skip past those patches, and grab the latest full client from the downloads.

Download links can be found either at http://www.lotro.com (hover over Support then cleft click Download LOTRO) or head to http://lotro.stratics.com and look for the client download graphics on the bottom of the right-hand menu.

Welcome back to Middle-Earth!

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update: This was responded to a post that had to be removed (spam bot) so it may seem out of context.

Who implied anything here of an opinion? I do not see any opinions of the game here in this thread save for your post. ;)

Well, since we're on that subject now.. LotRO is a great game indeed backed by Turbine, Inc. who is the best MMO company in respect to Public Relations (Thier Customer Representatives are out-standing and their Customer Service is top notch). With the success of LotRO and the backing of Turbine, Inc., I am sure LotRO will be a top MMO contender for years to come.

Oh, how can I forget.. The graphics are amazing to say the least.

P

peteraugusts

I don't play MMOs specifically because of the player base. Some will whine some classes are too strong, so devs nerf them. Some complain some are too weak, so dev unbalance the game to buff them. Most just complain about the direction of the game not going the way they want it too, and expect the devs to bend to their will.