• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Minax's Sandals bugged

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Minax's Sandals display durability, however the durability does not decrease.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reminds me when my character was bugged with permanant 40 lmc. Some bugs you should just let be :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
After the big expansion push (where I'm sure they put in a lot of extra hours) and the holidays I wouldn't expect to see much happen bug wise or any other wise till sometime in January or later.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah, my fear would be that maybe its not "showing" that durability is wearing down but it really is. And then all of a sudden you will be getting those "your equipment is severely damaged" messages and not be able to figure it out.

The OP should submit a bug report :)

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Minax's Sandals display durability, however the durability does not decrease.
I noticed my sandals are losing durability and remembered this post and thought, hey, let me let people know that the sandals aren't bugged.

It appears that they lose durability at a rate 1/30th of other equipment, possibly slower (my sandals have lost a whopping 2 durability points and are at 253 while other items have lost at least 60 points in the same time). So they are not bugged, unless slow dura loss near the toes is a bug...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I like the idea of slow durability loss!

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's no bug. You should see her knitting acumen. We're talking about the lady who helped Mondain create Exodus.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like the idea of slow durability loss!
For the sake of accuracy, or its close cousin, I checked the sandals out again after getting dirty w/ the turtle...

They are down to 240... so they lost 13 while other items worn at the same time lost 12, 17 and 9 (i had just repaired these items so it was easy to keep track of)... so it looks like the sandals are suffering equally with the rest of my gear...

how do i explain what i thought was slower dura loss before? they were at 253 while other items that i was keeping track of for repair had gone down by about 60... I run a bard that usually doesn't get hit very much: perhaps only certain damages were previously affecting sandals? perhaps a midnight bug fix was employed? i dunno... but I do know they seem to be working (losing dura) just fine now lol

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please bring back "repair without weakening" for grandmaster and above crafters (it used to be this way).
Real world: a crafter could add some more new material to brace up what was left of the old.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's another oddity to throw into this mix:

My Minax sandals seem to have some hidden self repair.

When I first saw this post I was interested because I remembered my sandals were at 253/255 from the last time I was out, so I logged in to check and found them at 255/255. Figured I just mistakenly thought they had worn, and went about fighting today. After a few Navreys I left and before logging off noticed the sandals were at 253/255, affirming they do in fact lose durability.

Well, I just logged back in tonight and my sandals are back to 255/255.

I'm gonna test it one more time to verify.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Here's another oddity to throw into this mix:

My Minax sandals seem to have some hidden self repair.

When I first saw this post I was interested because I remembered my sandals were at 253/255 from the last time I was out, so I logged in to check and found them at 255/255. Figured I just mistakenly thought they had worn, and went about fighting today. After a few Navreys I left and before logging off noticed the sandals were at 253/255, affirming they do in fact lose durability.

Well, I just logged back in tonight and my sandals are back to 255/255.

I'm gonna test it one more time to verify.
You are correct. And that explains the mystery of what I thought was slow dura loss.... these things do have a hidden self repair property. I checked mine today and it's back to 255.

So, can the devs throw us a bone and allow this bug to remain? This is in keeping with the sandals being "just that darn lucky"....

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You are correct. And that explains the mystery of what I thought was slow dura loss.... these things do have a hidden self repair property. I checked mine today and it's back to 255.

So, can the devs throw us a bone and allow this bug to remain? This is in keeping with the sandals being "just that darn lucky"....

Yep, confirmed. Mine are back to 255/255 this morning.

Mods, gonna need you to delete this thread...This is one bug I happen to like :D