• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Minax Artie Collector?

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Morning!

So I posted a question on the Player's corner about what do to with my Thief Character (made years ago, never played now days)

During the invasions, I had seen many people who would stealth around and bagball the captains. What about an Archery/Spellweaving stealther? Would that even work? I ask simply as I also have a neglected Archer who took over the 120 Spellweaving when I changed my mage into a Mage/Mystic :)

I have dreams about taking down the little spawn guys, stealthing in, setting up the captain to become a pin cushion and walking away with some minax artifacts at the end of the day...

Am I simply a dreamer?
Thanks for your time :)
Crazy

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure of your questions, but you can no longer box in the captains with bagballs. they destroy them.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see :( Well I think you answered my question :)

What I was asking was would something like the following work to run around getting minax arties from the mini-invasions (that is where I was having most luck getting them).

115 Archery (didn't have money for 120 yet)
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
120 Spellweaving
100 hiding
80+ stealth
75 chiv

Just throwing these things out from memory at this point, :) I was thinking high HML weapon for mana while I plucked away at the HP.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I see :( Well I think you answered my question :)

What I was asking was would something like the following work to run around getting minax arties from the mini-invasions (that is where I was having most luck getting them).

115 Archery (didn't have money for 120 yet)
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
120 Spellweaving
100 hiding
80+ stealth
75 chiv

Just throwing these things out from memory at this point, :) I was thinking high HML weapon for mana while I plucked away at the HP.
I've used an archer with bushido, chivalry, healing to get 150 minax points so far, most of them solo in the little towns under Blackthorn's castle. The archer picks off a group of spawn, honors the captain, casts enemy of one, then leads the captain off, shooting at it until it recalls back to where it started. The archer goes back and leads it off again, and so forth, until it's dead. Every once in a while a captain will get down to 20 percent health and run and hide in another spawn. Sometimes I can lure the captain back out., sometimes I just have to work the other group. When I need to break aggro, I just drink an invisibility potion. I don't see any advantage of stealthing into the middle of the spawn. The captains aren't going to stand still and just let you shoot at them if you did sneak in. I can't see what good hiding and stealth would do in these scenarios.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've used an archer with bushido, chivalry, healing to get 150 minax points so far, most of them solo in the little towns under Blackthorn's castle. The archer picks off a group of spawn, honors the captain, casts enemy of one, then leads the captain off, shooting at it until it recalls back to where it started. The archer goes back and leads it off again, and so forth, until it's dead. Every once in a while a captain will get down to 20 percent health and run and hide in another spawn. Sometimes I can lure the captain back out., sometimes I just have to work the other group. When I need to break aggro, I just drink an invisibility potion. I don't see any advantage of stealthing into the middle of the spawn. The captains aren't going to stand still and just let you shoot at them if you did sneak in. I can't see what good hiding and stealth would do in these scenarios.
Yeah, I had only thought stealth might be useful as it had when the invasions were active in each of the towns, as the stealther could isolate the captain :) thanks for the heads up on successful tactics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk