• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

min stats needed for a decent suit

S

sec

Well, I'm a returning player trying to learn everything again.
So working on a suit right now and wondering about what to aim for in a suit.
What breakpoints are needed for a good suit (defence, hit, damage, mana reg etc, except for 70 all resist) ?

Template working on now is something like:

120 fencing
120 parry
100 magic resist
100 anatomy
100 tactics
90 healing
80 chiv

So no focus/med, what kind of regen do I need?

Kind of lost, there are tons of items! What would really help if there was some kind of must have items that I could build my suit around, right now its kind of overwhelming, no idea where to start.

Or best of all, if someone had a rundown of items needed to make a full
suit
(yes I'm lazy!)

Thanks.

I

imported_Farsight

What your suit does depends a lot on what you want to do. For example, the person I usually hunt with will NOT go out without a sword that doesn't have at least 50% mana leech and swing speed increase. Me, I fit the weapon to the situation. But, the first thing I do in creating a suit is to choose a weapon. A good weapon is the cornerstone of any suit. Even that depends on what else you have. For example, if you have a mace and shield glasses, you don't need to add more hit lower defense to your weapon. The mace and shield glasses, by the way, should be very high in your list of armor pieces to somehow obtain, as they have both relatively high resists and benifits that you won't find in any other piece of armor.

You should also find a primer on damage removal talisman. The regenerative propierties and damage increase help out a lot.

Anyhow, for the properties in a paladin suit, I look for about 6-8 MR (more would be good, that's just minimum)
As much DCI as you can get.
HCI is nice, but the lack of it can be compensated for in how you play, especially if you have bushido.
I don't care much for stamina or hit point regeneration, preferring divine fury, red potions and good healing instead.
Luck is nice to have, if you can get it. I've found it difficult to find lucky suits with good other properties, so I don't worry about it.

My current favorite suit is the darkwood set, which offers my elf all max resist except for cold (which isn't that important anyway) as well as good DCI. My ring and bracelet are all about damage increase and skill increase.

My samurai suit is built around the ancient samurai do (best trait of that is parry increase) and uses mostly runic pieces.

My archer suit is built around the rune beetle carapace and he uses a totem of the void. He always has mana.

G

You can get max resist from a darkwood suit if it's made right, just have 1 piece made from frostwood, instead of bloodwood and you get max resist.