• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Min Skill For Passive Detect?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the minimum detect hidden skill for passive detection of hidden chests & crates for Khaldun event? The message ‘your keen senses detect something hidden in the area’.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try it on TC1. Set it to GM first. When you get the msg, go back and try lowering by 20 and see if you still get the msg. Repeat until you no longer get it...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For me, playing a human character, it was around 80-82. Before then I could only find them through active searching.

The same was true for the Kotl City hidden boxes, that I used to train up the skill during the summer.

I suddenly went from absolutely no passive detect, to passively detecting everything.

And, I still have plenty of circumstantial evidence that running mounted through Khaldun can cause passive to fail sometimes, during top speed straight runs (the split-second slowing at corners often allows a mounted person to passive in the area, and there's plenty of turns in Khaldun) - but I've had passive detectors run through me while hidden and the hidden chest(s) I was trying to actively detect after passively finding them, without stopping - almost always in the long hallways where the mounted runner was only slowing at the ends. The ones that walked through, always stop, and end up revealing both me and the boxes I was looking for.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I trained detect hidden to 70 before I gave it a shot in Khaldun. I get the message your keen senses detect something hidden in the area’ a lot.