• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Might I suggest a tutorial?

• Thread starter imported_MARCIN2006
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_MARCIN2006

All week long I keep on getting free players who do not know much about the game. And I don't blame them.

EA-Land/TSO is one of the only online games with out a tutorial to help guide new players. It is the only online game that I have played, which relies totally on help from older players to teach new players and for them to catch up.

I was amazed by how many new players that came to my store lot and didn't know how to type in House Chat!

They all have the same questions, how do I make money, what are categories, etc.

Dev team! Seeing how many players are returning and new players signing up. It would be a good idea to create a Tutorial that is up to date, kind of like a slide show, which every player could have an option to view before they begin to play.

Currently, we only have these pop up hints and most of these pop ups have not been updated in 5 years. And hardly help any players.

It would reduce the amount of confusion significantly!

G

You could always link them to this tutorial

An in-game tutorial would be cool. Some people have great welcome houses set up that help new players. It would be really nice if there was some more incentive for welcome houses, aside from the new referral program.

Polly

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Yeah but they would have to manually type in the link because when you IM someone a link it does not connect to the internet. And they are kind of.... long links lol.

The free players that came to my lot did not know what a welcome lot was, did not know about categories, thus could not find welcome lots. They only followed my spot light to get to my place lol.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

To the tutorial it is and even if you give them sims.stratics.com they will probably be un able to find the tutorial.

G

<blockquote><hr>

To the tutorial it is and even if you give them sims.stratics.com they will probably be un able to find the tutorial.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure if they have the ability to download and register an account, they'll be able to look down the left hand side of the main page to see the list of guides and spot the very first one.

Anyways it was just a suggestion to be helpful.

Polly

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Also I keep on seeing tons of players that are from brazil.

Did EA advertise in brazil or something lol. Most of them can't speak english unfortunately.

P

PoindeJ

Way back in the day when I got the game I read the manual.

Is a version of the TSO Manual online anywhere? It should probably come with the file that you download.