• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mibs

andyjacksons

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
is the chest in the exact location of mib or just near , if so how far from cordinates can it be or can i get a mib location wear there is no chest thanks in advance

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AFAIK, the chest is at the coordinates and there will always be a chest.

It's not hard to maneuver right to the exact coordinates... use your sextant to find your position, and mouse or button commands to get close, then typed commands to get right on the button.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, I've been to ones where you can't get within a boat's length of the coordinates. I've had them on server lines, and when the tip of your boat gets near the line (a little over its length away), you pop to the other side, which depending on the boat can be a jump of more than a degree.

But, you can fish it up from anywhere where there is pre-chest loot (which is at least a 1 degree by 1 degree area, probably closer to 2x2).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The biggest reason I've had for getting fish where I expected to find a mib is that I went and left the mib in the ship's hold instead of in my back pack :oops:

If I'm remembering right, you can fish up a mib within 1 degree of the location.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If one of your chars opened the MIB to get the waterstained SOS can another char go try to fish it as long as the scroll is in his backpack ?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If one of your chars opened the MIB to get the waterstained SOS can another char go try to fish it as long as the scroll is in his backpack ?
Doesn't matter who opens it.... Whoever is fishing the spot with the sos in his backpack, is the one that fishes up the chest.