• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MiBs and Tokuno

Zara

Adventurer
Hi, if I go fishing in Tokuno, can I get MiBs in the Tokuno facet or will it be still Trammel/Felucca? What about other facets?

Is there any way to do SoS outside of Trammel/Felucca?

Thanks!

Zara

Adventurer
Well I am new to fishing and SoS. I have to admit I also don't really get the sextant coordinates for Trammel/Felucca - the way map wraps from east to west at least using the image I got from uo.com.

Tokuno seems very straight forward plus there seems to be islands and land near all the water. It also seems smaller than Trammel/Felucca so seems more efficient if I could get SoSes there. But I don't know if that is possible.

When fishing in Tokuno - your MIB are for either Fel or Trammel - the coords work for both no worries. There are no Tok MIB, you do get Tok tmaps though.

Only real reason to fish in Tok is for the special fish if you use them for decoration or something!

Zara

Adventurer
Thank you. In that case, does anyone have a link or tips on doing SoSes efficiently? Being new to this, I am horribly slow.

To be honest, depending on your client and such, i guess EC its easier to find MIB.. but you could mark runes to various parts of the world to where you can recall to, drop a boat and flat out to do your MIB in general areas. I cant find it but there used to be a system to break up SOS in areas and then you could group them together - it was by coordinates, i just dont have that anymore, so i been saving my MIB since I came back to do!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Similar to what I do. I don't have a lot of time due to RL work. So what I do is as I am doing MIBS I go to the nearest land-body and mark a rune (in a relatively safe spot there), then name it for that island/land area, and drop the rune in a runic Atlas named "Fishing". Then when it has all the main spots in there, and I get the coords for the MIB, I look at it in the UOM, go to the spot nearest the MIB, recall there, and then short trip with the fastest boat available (Tokuno Ship/Galleon = only 150K I think?) dry docked in my backpack and go there. Also it would be cool to bunch several MIBs with close to one another coordinates/locations so you can avoid the back and forth.
By the way if you are new to this do not drop any white nets in the water out there by yourself, as you may gat a nasty surprise and spawn a Scalis The Enforcer! I would drop these with a team at the docs somewhere and if Scalis decides to spawn and come and visit with you, just move back on the dock and yell at general chat for people to come and help. Otherwise RUN like hell if you are alone. (Been there Done that :cursing: LOL) :devil:

Ning

Journeyman
For SoS efficiency I've always used 4 ships, one at each set coords (S&E, N&W, etc). I keep my MiBs grouped in bags the same way with the key to the corresponding ship.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
For SoS efficiency I've always used 4 ships, one at each set coords (S&E, N&W, etc). I keep my MiBs grouped in bags the same way with the key to the corresponding ship.
Thats an awesome idea, but I am a hit and run player, due to time contraints. So would have to make sure these 4 ships do not decay. How long do these ships last before they need "refresh"? 1 Week? Also do you use Tokuno ships or large dragon ships? Ty for info.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If using UOAM or UOCartography, there's a spreadsheet I have on Google Sheets for public use (converted from a 15+ year old Excel file made by one of the fishing guilds long ago), that allows you to enter the data from reading the SOS or from Davies Locker, and the sheet converts it into the items you can drop into a ***.map file for those two programs to create markers.

I do that for mine, sort mine by region, then sail out with about 20 SOS and go from point to point fishing them up, deleting each map point as I pull it up.

Links to the file are in some of the other UOAM/UOC threads (especially in UO Resources)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
in EC, you can create a waypoint, which puts a dot on your map.
And when you get close to it, there is an energy vortex on the water.

if you use Pinco's instead of a dot, on the map, there is a ship.
and there is an icon you can use for nearest ship
when clicked, it tells you the direction & how many tiles away it is.
you can fish it up when you are within 10 tiles.

Zara

Adventurer
To be honest, depending on your client and such, i guess EC its easier to find MIB.. but you could mark runes to various parts of the world to where you can recall to, drop a boat and flat out to do your MIB in general areas. I cant find it but there used to be a system to break up SOS in areas and then you could group them together - it was by coordinates, i just dont have that anymore, so i been saving my MIB since I came back to do!
If you find it, can you please let me know and give me a link?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can name the file whatever you want, it just has to have the .map extension.

Typically, the easiest way to make an SOS specific file is to take an existing treasure.map file, make a copy of it, rename it to SOS.map, then edit it with Notepad or another text editor (deleting everything after the "3" at the top of the folder, then pasting in the yellow stuff). Make sure that you ALWAYS switch to "all files" when saving, and save it as the .map extension - it won't work if you accidentally make it SOS.map.txt). Then, in UOAM or UOCart, select the SOS file as one for the program to access. Use the remove marker feature in UOAM to remove the marker after you fish it up (and are sure you didn't fish up another SOS located at or near the same location). Eventually, you'll be out of dots (the .map file will just have the "3" at the top) and out of SOS. Get more SOS, enter their data, and repeat.

About 20 months ago (May/June 2019), I did nearly 300 SOS (20 of them Ancient) in about 3 weeks, after sorting the SOS, using the spreadsheet to make the map data, then going out to fish them up.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You can name the file whatever you want, it just has to have the .map extension.

Typically, the easiest way to make an SOS specific file is to take an existing treasure.map file, make a copy of it, rename it to SOS.map, then edit it with Notepad or another text editor (deleting everything after the "3" at the top of the folder, then pasting in the yellow stuff). Make sure that you ALWAYS switch to "all files" when saving, and save it as the .map extension - it won't work if you accidentally make it SOS.map.txt). Then, in UOAM or UOCart, select the SOS file as one for the program to access. Use the remove marker feature in UOAM to remove the marker after you fish it up (and are sure you didn't fish up another SOS located at or near the same location). Eventually, you'll be out of dots (the .map file will just have the "3" at the top) and out of SOS. Get more SOS, enter their data, and repeat.

About 20 months ago (May/June 2019), I did nearly 300 SOS (20 of them Ancient) in about 3 weeks, after sorting the SOS, using the spreadsheet to make the map data, then going out to fish them up.
Tyvm! Nice timesaver.