• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] MiB

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So I gave myself into fishing! I’m telling you it’s quite relaxing.

I did a lot of MiB and also the ancient one.

Did you ever pulled some good loot from them? Right now beside the gold it doesn’t seems to be interesting.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good loot is few and far between - but for the gold, it's minimal threat. I have a spreadsheet that I can put the location data in, and it generates the contents to drop into a .map file for UOAM/UOCartographer. Then, I just sort the maps for region and do 20-50 at a time. About 15 months ago, I did 200+ SOS over 2 weeks and got about 4-5 million gold and trashed most of the rest (gaining several hundred thousand turn-in points). The items I kept netted me another million or two from selling them (chain and anchor sets, certain paintings and pillows, etc.).

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Good loot is few and far between - but for the gold, it's minimal threat. I have a spreadsheet that I can put the location data in, and it generates the contents to drop into a .map file for UOAM/UOCartographer. Then, I just sort the maps for region and do 20-50 at a time. About 15 months ago, I did 200+ SOS over 2 weeks and got about 4-5 million gold and trashed most of the rest (gaining several hundred thousand turn-in points). The items I kept netted me another million or two from selling them (chain and anchor sets, certain paintings and pillows, etc.).
care to share your spread sheet? :)

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Doesn’t seems to worth the time vs the reward. That’s sad.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
care to share your spread sheet? :)
You just need to either copy it for your use (it MIGHT download in a form usable by Excel or freeware spreadsheets - it was originally an Excel file 15 years ago), or just take care not to edit the working code in it.

You enter your data in the blue fields, then copy the results from the yellow column for your entries into a .map file that has a "3" for the first line of the page (create your own (be careful to get the extension right), or copy an exiting T-map file that comes with UOAM, rename, and replace all the entries below the 3 with your pasted info). Then, as you fish each SOS up, delete that marker.

Besides the original file, I added separate pages to it for doing the new random T-Maps and doing SOS with just the degrees (I.E. using data from Davies Locker).
UOAM/UOCart Spreadsheet for creating coordinate data)

gwen

Slightly Crazed
All that loot goes for trashing points or for unravel. Kelp woven leggins are good. Valkyrie armor while being really good is very cheap on the market.
Ancient white nets are expensive. Scalis loot is really good. This is like top reward for fishing. The more people killing it the better loot. Also (if you tossing net)
high chance for you to get small soul forge which cost fortune.