• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] MIB Question

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am at 88 fishing now. I have been getting MIB's for a while and have read how 1 in 25 turn to an ancient SOS. I was wondering if there is a certain skill level before they can be the ancient SOS, or if it is just purely chance?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is purely chance ... but that could change with the next patch/publish adjustment. (Mib improvement/changing already is announced.)

L

Lokida

I hope they come up with something like Treasure maps. It's nice to know if I'm digging up a plainly vs an ingenious.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have saved MIB's for years and years, but the loot seems reasonable now to actually do them, but I don't know how.

I got the waterstained SOS and went to the location. I backed off the boat slightly so I can fish the coordinate. For a few days now I haven't pulled the treasure chest. Right now I got the message the fish don't seem to be biting.

So am I doing something wrong or does it take a week to pull the chest? I have tried having the SOS open and closed. Does that make a difference? Also, I have a bunch in my pack. Is it buggy where I should only have one SOS in my pack at a time?

-Lorax

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With a gm fisher i have to be within 20 tiles of the mib location to fish the stuff up. When you are close enough to the mib spot you dont get any fish. Just pre chest loot until the chest comes up.

Maybe it's a new bug with yesterdays patch?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have saved MIB's for years and years, but the loot seems reasonable now to actually do them, but I don't know how.

I got the waterstained SOS and went to the location. I backed off the boat slightly so I can fish the coordinate. For a few days now I haven't pulled the treasure chest. Right now I got the message the fish don't seem to be biting.

So am I doing something wrong or does it take a week to pull the chest? I have tried having the SOS open and closed. Does that make a difference? Also, I have a bunch in my pack. Is it buggy where I should only have one SOS in my pack at a time?

-Lorax
If you catch a fish before you get the chest, your at the wrong spot. Thought you can fish up sea serpenst and pre-chest loot. Are you shure that you have not messed up north with south or east with west on the coordinates?
Actually I had one time a problem with fishing up a mib. That one was so close to a server-line, that the ec marked the spot for me from the wrong side. Once I crossed it, i was able to fish up my sos message.