• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MIB Quandry

N

nynyve

I have roughly 200 Mibs, and I haven't even gotten the upgrade yet. I know that boat movement has improved, but entering the locations of 200 Mibs into cartogropher boggles the mind.

Should I keep them or sell them? My fisher is on Legends. What would be a fair price for them if I do decide to sell them?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hell, with that many, sort them into 4 to 8 zones, based on their latitude & longitude, and just sail out and about fishing those zones for your quests. Odds are you'll start pulling them out of the water without really trying to find them.

Bethany_lg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also sort my sos by areas...a chest for each area, NE, NW, etc. And then different zones in each chest. Makes it very easy to fish them up quickly with very little travel time between each.

But if you do decide to sell I am also on legend and will gladly take them off your hands for a good price.:drool:

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will get about 4-6 mill from doing those as well as new artifacts. Your fisherman will be rich and they are easily done. MIB's are very worth it now.

-Lorax

B

B_Barracuda

i am literally drowning in mibs too. i probably never will have the time to fish them all up, although it would make me rich. sorting them by coordinates is something i'd recommend as well, i'm doing it and i always fish up 5 treasures at a time.

p.s.: i never enter coordinates anywhere. i use a paper map and a sextant. with the map i figure out where to launch my ship from to get as near to the place as possible. the rest i do with the sextant. much easier than fiddling with some cartographer tool.

V

Vertigo

I'm entering the coords into the EC map. Maybe 20-30 at a time. Only takes a few mins.
I have also placed several boats in key locations where mib's usually show up.
I then recall to each boat and fish em' up.
Easy as pie :)

N

nynyve

Hell, with that many, sort them into 4 to 8 zones, based on their latitude & longitude, and just sail out and about fishing those zones for your quests. Odds are you'll start pulling them out of the water without really trying to find them.
Brilliant--most of them are already sorted by zones--I use a 16 zone system. I will do that.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wished it was possible to drop an SoS on a Map of the World.

The Map of the World would automatically store the location of the SoS.

The one would drop the Map of the World onto the tillerman and tell "goto...".

And enjoy the sailing..........

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wished it was possible to drop an SoS on a Map of the World.

The Map of the World would automatically store the location of the SoS.

The one would drop the Map of the World onto the tillerman and tell "goto...".
I think that's a great idea, popps. That would certainly be more handy than having to rely on a third party add in the classic client...

I've also heard that the map in the EC is pretty easy to handle regarding entering points of interrest...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that's a great idea, popps. That would certainly be more handy than having to rely on a third party add in the classic client...

I've also heard that the map in the EC is pretty easy to handle regarding entering points of interrest...
EC is pretty amazing regarding SOSing.. :D