• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MIB - On Land?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, so I haven't played in a while. I thought I'd try my hand at fishing. The coordinated for this old MIB are 164.31S, 158.30W.

What the? Fire Island has grown since I was last here, and it appears my MIB is overland. I sailed up to 163.23S 154.07W before I got stuck.

Now wha do I do?

S

swateam46

Speaking of Mibs, I got one in a Lvl 4 T-chest which was dug up in fel....yesterday. If that wasn't sweet enough, when I opened it it was a anciet SOS...Nice !!!

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have an ASOS from pre SA. The location is right where some new SA landmass appeared on Fire Island. Nice keepsake now, I'm not moving my boat to fel hehe. I wish there was some kind of Serpent pillar for Tokuno and Fel and Tram.

Atrocitus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are these mythical ASOS you speak of?:(

Since I have returned to the game, I have yet to receive one. I remember them being difficult, but attainable before. Now I am talking in the thousands to none ratio.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you can find a water tile (or bring your own if that works) to recover the treasure, it does work for the T-maps pointing to the sea :) . Here's a treasure hunting adventure in the sea from January 2011, the sad thing is I couldn't reach the chest(s) (the green circle on the first image is the serpent pillar, that's how I found the chest):

Last edited:

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow.. a water tile? hmm the problem is that my asos when i mark the position on map, gives me the black part of the volcano. Otherwise I would look for a puddle. Thanks for the tip!

ASOS last I knew have a 1 in 16 chance when you open MiB.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
An option for one of the SA-blocked chests without moving your boat is to take a rowboat deed with you to Fel, and use the rowboat to get to the coordinates (since they'll be relatively close to shore.

As for a T-map in the ocean, using a classic boat to get there, and extend the gangplank. You should be able to loot the chest from the gangplank.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or if you are cursed like me, its 1 in 25,000. :(
Don't get discouraged by the rng, I'm sure you will find one. In fact, if you use a fishing ps and get to 120 fishing, you start to catch sea serpent way too frequently, so much that I only turn them in for Clean Up Britannia now unless they yield an ancient sos.

On an unrelated note, 1 in 25,000 was the chance to get a moonstone jewelry from a gypsy camp before they turned the gypsy camps off a year ago.