• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Meteor Swarm?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's the latest trick? Something to do with the spell focusing sash?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen people casting it in pvp instead of Flamestrike, even in 1v1, what's the advantage over FS? Especially since last target doesn't work with it.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Especially since last target doesn't work with it.
Last target works with several spells that otherwise would render the message "target can not seen" provided you set up the spell in UOA and not UO.

An example would be arch cure on uneven terrain. Other spells seem to work as well if set up through UOA.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They cast meteor swarm to make u look bad Mervyn... next time weaken the spell so u interrupt it .

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last target works with several spells that otherwise would render the message "target can not seen" provided you set up the spell in UOA and not UO.

An example would be arch cure on uneven terrain. Other spells seem to work as well if set up through UOA.
I'm unable to repeat this, i still receive the message target cannot be seen if casting arch cure on uneven terrain or using last target with meteor swarm if the target has moved from the original location.

I'm not particularly fussed, i was just wondering why i've seen people casting the spell a lot lately, i thought i was the only one who used it simply cos people move around too fast for me to target them

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before casting focus existed we use to explode+invis people that were bad. Now anyone can do it if RNG is in their favor... sad day.

Tier 5 Dog

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I've seen that Krowten and mister whiskers have been using it a lot vs Epyc, Pollyanna, Nadir and Baggi Bagovic and it looks like they all disappear instantly.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dissapear? What exactly are they doing? I can't figure out why they're casting meter swarm over Flamestrike on a single target.

Tier 5 Dog

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not sure, but they seem to kill everyone. Either they are really good players or really good hackers.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one does anything in PVP without a reason.

Meteor Swarm is only good for trying to hit hidden targets. If someone is casting it 1v1 then there is something to it.

Tier 5 Dog

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I tried phoning Broadsword customer service today, they suggested I open a ticket in game. Unfortunately, I don't have any tickets, so I opened a chest instead. I hope this fixes the problem.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one does anything in PVP without a reason.

Meteor Swarm is only good for trying to hit hidden targets. If someone is casting it 1v1 then there is something to it.
No. The "only thing to it" is that people think its more impressive for some reason than flamestrike, even though its the same damage (on one target) and cast time.