• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Metal Detectors & Treasure Hunting

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do any of you know anything about metal detectors?

How about treasure hunting? Have you ever done it?

Perhaps you have searched for sunken ships, participated in archeological digs, mined for gold or gems?

Tell me what you know. I have little knowledge of any of these things, but from the little I do know, it sounds like fun to me!

BlissMarie

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a detector - sometimes doing beach search here in Germany (in total collected around 450 Euro mainly from Baltic sea this year - had there my summer vacation).
Yesterday I was searching on a field nearby and found some coins from last century, a dog tax tag from 1932 and a broken military tag from WW2 times. Not big treasures, but belonging to the history of our area :)
Lucky enough no grenades etc until now.

Kind of surprise egg effect, but instead of chocolate you get some moving in fresh air (something, what us computer guys are really in need).
And it is also work - moving the thing from left to right and from right to left is much more hard over time than digging some less deep holes.

*Salute*
Olahorand

K

Kiminality

Back when I lived on the coast, people would be out on the beach with metal detectors.
I guess equal parts looking for things washed up by the tide and things lost/left by holidaymakers.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grew up loveing rocks and treasure so i got my first metal detector when i was 12 and proceded to find out they are not the path to the rich stuff. Prospecting for gold is a fun hobby during the summer months i take my camper van up to the wilds of canada's north and go campin/exploreing for gold and other precious metals/minerals not found much of anything but one day ill find a good deposit (gold or silver or uranium or diamonds or copper or oil or coal or or or or or or) and stake a claim. as a hobby panning for gold is good to do get outdoors into water setting bring a fishing rod with ya and you have dinner on the shore if your persistant you can make good money panning for gold now days since gold is in the 12-1400 $ range there are many ways to claim jump big companys if you know the rules so go out and look.