• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

#^*&$^@ Messed up

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was training this bane, added goo and ai without leveling up poisoning...

upload_2018-6-15_17-44-8.png upload_2018-6-15_17-47-27.png

Guess I am stuck with low poisoning? Read all the posts about banes, i think it was @Donavon, said that it will go up with use of passive poison breath? haven't fed it the stew, but spent a few hours with a shadow ele, not even .1 increase :(
Having low poison, does it affect anything else?
Wonder if i add poisoning for 0 points, then switch it back to magery for 0 points?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 82831 View attachment 82842

Guess I am stuck with low poisoning? Read all the posts about banes, i think it was @Donavon, said that it will go up with use of passive poison breath? haven't fed it the stew, but spent a few hours with a shadow ele, not even .1 increase :(
Wonder if i add poisoning for 0 points, then switch it back to magery for 0 points?
Feed it the stew.

Remember you won't get back Magery, you will get back master Magery.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

They do not have true melee poison other than what in the pet damages gump, would not do anything till you talk to Don. They have innate Lethal poison and shield damage that is purely BR Stew dependent 5,000 points in an invisible mana pool, as PASSIVE. Their passive procs if they are in a battle and they will LP all targets in the area. If you get the message about the pet not fed and not feeling well means that this secret mana pool is dry : No more innate LP, Shield, or spit back danage poison, and AI from the passive. Pool should last 24 hrs, I believe they have a spontaneous decay of the 5,000 even if not used, so in few days of nt used it will be dry.
Poisoning skill we ADD in the pet taming has NOTHING to do with the LP/Shield/passive AoE of the beast.
I think Magery is recomended, but magery PS120 are 30M or 50 M? not sure. If so then Eval also high value is good. 120 Wres, Tact, anat. Now is hes going to be melee or caster may vary what you put on.
Also was he a 4 slot to start with or 3? If 3 then you are happy, 1500 more pts.
If you add poison, then magery will be inaccessible for now. You can bring it up to GM, blow away the pts needed, I wonder you said 0 points, thad be cool, then if you wish turn magery back on, and you will lose the melee poison and have magery for the heals, buffs etc. But it will NOT melee poison again after that. It will have GM poisoning that would cause the Magery poisoning to hit harder. Details of how harder not sure.
Most favorable around these is : Magery/AI/Goo : this one has TWO AoE's the allmighty Passive plus the Goo.
Sadly the tamed ones are NOT immune to poison, and they will get poisoned by poison creatures, so make sure you give him poison resist. Mmasost importantly :
===DO NOT GIVE HIM MAGERY MASTERY==> He self debuf to drop his own resists commonly, and he coms with relatively not too many HPS anyway.

Most importantly : PM Don, and he will be glad to talk to you about these.
This is a pet that rocks if you make it right. Also one that you cannot afford to mess up. They are true relics. Also possibly the most deadly AoE pet in the game, dancing circles around mares and dreadhorses and many others when it come to clearing spawns.
Take him to TC1 first.
Also I
would like to know of diff builds one these (Chiv Etc)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
They do not have true melee poison other than what in the pet damages gump, would not do anything till you talk to Don. They have innate Lethal poison and shield damage that is purely BR Stew dependent 5,000 points in an invisible mana pool, as PASSIVE. Their passive procs if they are in a battle and they will LP all targets in the area. If you get the message about the pet not fed and not feeling well means that this secret mana pool is dry : No more innate LP, Shield, or spit back danage poison, and AI from the passive. Pool should last 24 hrs, I believe they have a spontaneous decay of the 5,000 even if not used, so in few days of nt used it will be dry.
Poisoning skill we ADD in the pet taming has NOTHING to do with the LP/Shield/passive AoE of the beast.
I think Magery is recomended, but magery PS120 are 30M or 50 M? not sure. If so then Eval also high value is good. 120 Wres, Tact, anat. Now is hes going to be melee or caster may vary what you put on.
Also was he a 4 slot to start with or 3? If 3 then you are happy, 1500 more pts.
If you add poison, then magery will be inaccessible for now. You can bring it up to GM, blow away the pts needed, I wonder you said 0 points, thad be cool, then if you wish turn magery back on, and you will lose the melee poison and have magery for the heals, buffs etc. But it will NOT melee poison again after that. It will have GM poisoning that would cause the Magery poisoning to hit harder. Details of how harder not sure.
Most favorable around these is : Magery/AI/Goo : this one has TWO AoE's the allmighty Passive plus the Goo.
Sadly the tamed ones are NOT immune to poison, and they will get poisoned by poison creatures, so make sure you give him poison resist. Mmasost importantly :
===DO NOT GIVE HIM MAGERY MASTERY==> He self debuf to drop his own resists commonly, and he coms with relatively not too many HPS anyway.

Most importantly : PM Don, and he will be glad to talk to you about these.
This is a pet that rocks if you make it right. Also one that you cannot afford to mess up. They are true relics. Also possibly the most deadly AoE pet in the game, dancing circles around mares and dreadhorses and many others when it come to clearing spawns.
I am just riterating what I have learned from a great techer : Don. All credit belongs to him.
Take him to TC1 first.
Also I
would like to know of diff builds one these (Chiv Etc)

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
good evening White, sorry been off and on as of late..fear not my friend.. your bane is fine.. poison breath after they did some balancing to it for pvp and 20th anny reason gains poison skill much much much much slower then V. bite.. it will gain .. its just super slow.. but don't worry ..rez killed a banes poison skill down to nearly 0.0 a while back on test(mainly to see if it effected the passives poison str luckly it didn't.. the stew power as well as the distance to target effects the str of the poison.. its hard coded for the passive to hit in that manner regardless of poison skill.).. and even the passive will proc posion gains... from time to time.. the diff is .. the passive will only take it to the birth lvl of poison.. while PB and VB wil take it to 100..just at a very very slow rate... Just don't turn on the poison skill.. as the others said.. you would only be able to turn on mage mastery and that will effective ruin the pet for PvE./PvM if you like I will glad meet you on your home shard or test.. just please DO NOT turn off magery.... while the devs are working on pub 100 and poison we should all send the messages to add an option to allow us to turn normal magery back on pets.. just let me know ,mate.. and I will meet up with ya.. or help in anyway I can .. =^-^=

Last edited:

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the posts guys.

Too late for that lol
Especially now that they are fixing poisoning
It may not be messed up at all : If you already gave it poisoning, the next most favorable make is AI/V.bite/Poi. Breath, and it will use Lethal melee poison also, and no magery : You save 50 M for the magery 120, and 200 points for it to be used. You can still use the pet for like 90% of spawns/monsters that are poison sensitive. It is still a greaqt pet, and will gain GM poison : Lev 5 according to new changes? So lighten up and enjoy your bane. Did you scroll him yet? If you are not happy you can sell for megabucks, and get a new one if you can find one, just spam in messages and maybe some1 has some untrained, though hard to find.
Also : As he is now, take him to TC1, see if you can try to go back to magery. I suspect the point cost will at most be 100, and he has 1500 points extra from being a 3-slot (I hope)? So don't be sad. Hes still ok. Cheer up man, be happy you got a true relic from 2011 or so.Can you post all his gumps here? There are some people very interested and very knowledgeable abou these.
By the way : Do not let him get wild on you. You will not be able to auto-tame like most pets. You will need 3-4 more pple to beath him to submission to like 20-30% health and NOT kill him, then you will be able to retame him.
In 2011 I think they were immune to poison pretame, but they lose that after taming if I recall correctly.
Take him to TC1 and experiment. Youll be surprised at that they do. Make sure you remember to get BR Stew in your pack when you copy to TC1 by the way to test him thoroughly. Please post stats!
Again I dont think you messed him.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
good evening White, sorry been off and on as of late..fear not my friend.. your bane is fine.. poison breath after they did some balancing to it for pvp and 20th anny reason gains poison skill much much much much slower then V. bite.. it will gain .. its just super slow.. but don't worry ..rez killed a banes poison skill down to nearly 0.0 a while back on test(mainly to see if it effected the passives poison str luckly it didn't.. the stew power as well as the distance to target effects the str of the poison.. its hard coded for the passive to hit in that manner regardless of poison skill.).. and even the passive will proc posion gains... from time to time.. the diff is .. the passive will only take it to the birth lvl of poison.. while PB and VB wil take it to 100..just at a very very slow rate... Just don't turn on the poison skill.. as the others said.. you would only be able to turn on mage mastery and that will effective ruin the pet for PvE./PvM if you like I will glad meet you on your home shard or test.. just please DO NOT turn off magery.... while the devs are working on pub 100 and poison we should all send the messages to add an option to allow us to turn normal magery back on pets.. just let me know ,mate.. and I will meet up with ya.. or help in anyway I can .. =^-^=
Don don't you mean that the passive with the stew on board will dish out Lethal and not the birth level of poison (like pois=65 or something?). I thought the the passive is always lethal irrespective of the melee poisoning skill, as long as br Stew is on board?
Very interested in this and will appreciate info. IRC the Passive poison intensity depends on distance also from the enemy, highest being level 5 if within 1-2 tiles? I may be wrong but I thought that the passive, wneh active via trhe stew, always procs high lev poison AoE in these rgardless of poisoning skill and birth poisoning skill?
Will appreciate info, TY in advance.
OOPS ! I misread your post Don. Sry about that. You were explaining the pois skill gain from just using the passive. My bad.
Also Don, are there some other builds other than magery/AI/Goo or magery/AI/Vbite. Any other magics that can possibly complement these? [Chiv, Myst, other], and what bout repel now that it posssibly works?
Thank you always for your great work.

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The passive works a lot like a players nox mages poison.. stew power plays a huge part in it.. if its nearly the stew being low/out it will be a weaker lvl of poison reguardless of distance.. but if stew power is full then closer targets will get hit for lethal while ones futher way by lesser version up to a max range.. at the max distance Ive seen it go from lesser to deadly.. if they are right on thare within 1-5 tilese of the bane the odds of it being lethal are very high... The birth lvl of poison will play a part of the banes spell poison from magery.. but not the passive.. that is hard coded... the passive that is fueled by stew about this time last year would only take a bane poison skill to the number it was born with like 65.1..so if it died it would get back to 65.1 but never any higher.. while moves like Poison breath and V.bite would allow it too go past its birth posion skill like 65.1 to 100.00 .. they use to gain at about the same rate which was kind of slow but still steady.. after they did the PvP and 20th anny fixes to poison breath .... itthe gain rate of posion skill from these 2 moves slowed down a lot.. more so on BP then VB... The passive is amazing as a whole.. it works like a 2nd RS and a damage shield.. if it procs off a debuff it drops the debuff altogether and then firea damaging move at the attacker and then if they are not immune poison them based off distance... if its a damage move it just stops a % of the damage then does the same.. its a very effective aoe that give banes unmatched sustained damage..(provided it is the pet that has agro to proc the passive or is standing in an aoe to proc it)

Last edited:

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The passive works a lot like a players nox mages poison.. stew power plays a huge part in it.. if its nearly the stew being low/out it will be a weaker lvl of poison reguardless of distance.. but if stew power is full then closer targets will get hit for lethal while ones futher way by lesser version up to a max range.. at the max distance Ive seen it go from lesser to deadly.. if they are right on thare within 1-5 tilese of the bane the odds of it being lethal are very high... The birth lvl of poison will play a part of the banes spell poison from magery.. but not the passive.. that is hard coded... the passive that is fueled by stew about this time last year would only take a bane poison skill to the number it was born with like 65.1..so if it died it would get back to 65.1 but never any higher.. while moves like Poison breath and V.bite would allow it too go past its birth posion skill like 65.1 to 100.00 .. they use to gain at about the same rate which was kind of slow but still steady.. after they did the PvP and 20th anny fixes to poison breath .... itthe gain rate of posion skill from these 2 moves slowed down a lot.. more so on BP then VB... The passive is amazing as a whole.. it works like a 2nd RS and a damage shield.. if it procs off a debuff it drops the debuff altogether and then firea damaging move at the attacker and then if they are not immune poison them based off distance... if its a damage move it just stops a % of the damage then does the same.. its a very effective build in aoe that give banes unmatched sustained damage..
Sweet info Don thank you sir. Greatly appreciated.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I was going to keep this spec under my hat for a while... but I feel the time is right to let it out.. Ive found a very good chiv spec for banes that is rocking the charts right now.. only problem is the bane has to be a high lvl bane to get everything you need on it.. if anyone is interested please message me.. and I will give you the guide lines for what bane needs to pull this spec off.. =^-^=
P.s.. if anyone has any 3 slot banes untrained they would not mind passing to me on test that would be awesome..with all the changes happening to poison skills and such I want to make sure that this info is not dated and run some more test on the banes... all I have is my fully speced ones.. ty =^-^=

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

No : Your bane is perfect . Fro what you post here in the Lore page you have ALL the right things : Magery, AI and Goo. Thst is ALL you need. The banes poisoning AoE has nothing to do with the poisoning skill at all, but its an innate property, and it is NOt ever seen in the Lore, and it IS Lethal. Only thing is: you need to feed it with the BR stew. You did NOT ruin the pet. Do not add poisoning. The poisoning skillstays low in the mag/AI/Goo spec, that is one of the most popular specs. What did you want to add to it otherwise?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening, I see what happened... he thought when we were saying poison breath we meant that it was the passive , instead of it being the move poison breath... in one passage a while back I remember writing something along the lines of the passive is like poison breath only free and built in.. Im willing to bet it was that which caused this misunderstanding.. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding whitefield... that spec will not give poison gains outside of its birth lvl..but is still very effective and fun.. I think you will enjoy it.. if ya turned off magery let me know.( if ya haven't please don't). I have a few side builds that don't use magery that are pretty high damage too.. just let me know.. and we will see what we can make of it.. =^-^=

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wouldnt worry about poisoning.
Your bane will proc lethal anyway. Infact it wont use the paper poisoning skill, but innate hardcoded lethal poison. That's why you dont get gains, but it still procs poison.

Adding poisoning on magic school is a huge waste IMO.
Magery is a better option. Changing magic school to something else is also a huge point drain, so not worth it.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the replies guys....
Here is a full picture.
I did feed it the stew to test its poisoning, seems to be working fine, LP.
During melee combat, it does regular poison the mob that it is fighting...
But looks like I didn't mess it up royally
Cheers all!!

upload_2018-6-16_12-20-56.png

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Black rock stew..,. its one of 2 foods a bane dragon can eat that refills its passive to full power and effectiveness.. the 2nd food is tasty treats which you can get every 24 hours from a daily in TM( Tasty Treats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia ).. boats, T chest and a few other ways.. they basicly buff its stats for 20 mins increase tis happiness.. but not refills its stew power.. if anyone is interest in learning to make blackrock stew there is a huge market for it and at 20-50k a stew.. the gold flows in nicely.. here is a link to it..( A Dish Best Served Cold - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia ) you can do the chain once per toon per shard.... or if ya xfer a toon to a new shard each time to xfer you can do it again.. Hope this helps mate =^-^=

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Black rock stew..,. its one of 2 foods a bane can eat that refills its passive to full power and effectiveness.. the 2nd food is tasty treats which you can get every 24 hours from a daily in TM( Tasty Treats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia ).. boats, T chest and a few other ways.. they basicly buff its stats for 20 mins increase tis happiness.. but not refills its stew power.. if anyone is interest in learn to make blackrock stew these is a huge market for it and at 20-50k a stew.. the gold flows in nicely.. here is a link to it..( A Dish Best Served Cold - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia ) you can do the chain once per toon per shard.... or if ya xfer a toon to a new shard each time to xfer you can do it again.. Hope this helps mate =^-^=
:thumbup: Thanks!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I'm still learning the new changes after a long break. What is "the stew" everyone keeps mentioning? :confused:
My friend, you have a good Bane.
Make sure you give him a nice name. How much did you pay for him? What do they usually go for NOT in Atl. Ouch I know the price in Atl, IF you can even find one. Prolly 150 M there I reckon..

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You should have no hard time at all : Whisper on most time, mines for the ele training 2 hour or 3, then 1 hour at the heaven casters (put 4 oft hem on pet --> then pretype "all stop" and get it ready, gathe one caster byone, the all kill and instantly press enter so the "all stop" command fires right away, then invisi briefly, and yu got one caster -- then leave pet, go to another caster, aggro it, and bring it close to pet -3-4 tiles away then rinse and repeat, now yu got 2 casters. get 4 of them and youll be done in 1 hour or so).
Next comes the hard part : Magery and less so eval : This will take a while if the pet has low mana pool, you may want to train 1st level so your mana pool is likely 300 or so you can add more later. Then go to Turtle and aggro a bunch of myrmidex get like 10 or so. Then teleport across the water body there and have the pet aggro the myrmidex. It will AoE then to death but will take a while, it will also spit gobs of green poison at them, but most importantly will start casting a lot of lighning, multi lightning and all sorts of magery spells on them. This will take a while, but its safe for you and the pet. May take a little while use your pet training and Whispers all the time. You will get your pet to GM in no time. Now above GM : mine ele in Tokuno, and I think still aggro across body of water etc. You may be surprised how fast you build this very special pet...

all that is done... even with all stop, it still does area damage... goo, and also reflects and reacts with area poison..... so yea, resist is not going well, haha

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just to the left of the craze mage, south of the ev's you will find an island just beside the D. blood eles in shame 5.. thats where I like to train my banes RS.. its passive will knock them down to 40% ish.. but they can normall take it.. hope this helps =^-^=

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Just to the left of the craze mage, south of the ev's you will find an island just beside the D. blood eles in shame 5.. thats where I like to train my banes RS.. its passive will knock them down to 40% ish.. but they can normall take it.. hope this helps =^-^=
I think that is also a nice spot to train all magics including magery..So it will gain eval, magery and resists. It may be best to skill the magics mag/eval and resists before putting added area effects on like Goo..

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't even bother with 120 Magery on pets. It doesn't increase their spell damage, it just makes their Poison spell harder to resist, slightly bigger G-Heals, and better Cure chance. The only pet i'd even consider putting a 120 Magery on, is a Serpentine Dragon with Magery Mastery, and they'd have to buff the INT - Spell Damage ratio for pets even further to make that worth it.

Last edited: