• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mesanna's Email?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a friend wanting to return to game after several years. He forgot his acct password, but can confirm other details about his acct. I told him to probably needs to contact Mesanna, but I am unsure of her email.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry, but I find all this really ridiculous.
Where have you ever seen a game that to retrieve your account I have to write an email to the producer?
I also have to wait for her to read the email and want to reply. Obviously waiting...

They unable to make an online form to recover their account?
:coco::coco::coco::coco::coco::coco::coco::coco::coco::coco:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where have you ever seen a game that to retrieve your account I have to write an email to the producer?
I also have to wait for her to read the email and want to reply. Obviously waiting...

They can and have made a form. Man y'all love to just hate on stuff. It's super weird. At every opportunity too... Wake up one morning, drink some tea, step out into the sun, take a deep breath, and just drop all that negative stuff for one damn day. Pretend to smile until you get used to it again.

Name one company that has a form AND the producer still helps out where they can.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They can and have made a form. Man y'all love to just hate on stuff. It's super weird. At every opportunity too... Wake up one morning, drink some tea, step out into the sun, take a deep breath, and just drop all that negative stuff for one damn day. Pretend to smile until you get used to it again.

Name one company that has a form AND the producer still helps out where they can.
How about NO.

See my thread on the official boards here

Reached out every way possible and NO RESPONSE from anyone. Not even an automated one after 2 weeks. Their customer support is non existent at this point and its unacceptable.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How about NO.

See my thread on the official boards here

Reached out every way possible and NO RESPONSE from anyone. Not even an automated one after 2 weeks. Their customer support is non existent at this point and its unacceptable.
You're on dope if you think anything related to accounts and account maintenance in this game is anywhere near acceptable.
All I know is my personal experience. And that is her recovering my account in a few days. I don't tend to trust you all anymore on you're experiences. When probed it usually ends up being user error or poorly worded messages.

And for someone who forgot literally everything except broad details on my account, I can't complain about a few days.

I did look at your official forum post, and agree with your frustration though. Could be junk mail folder? You didn't provide any details in your post to match you to your friend.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had every issue resolved when I needed to email Mesanna. I've never had customer service so fast and well in a game.

BTW would would you email for a Blizzard game and do you think a producer would answer you and help?

Its all in the attitude. Have a good one, get help, Be an ass you deserve what u get.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had every issue resolved when I needed to email Mesanna. I've never had customer service so fast and well in a game.

BTW would would you email for a Blizzard game and do you think a producer would answer you and help?

Its all in the attitude. Have a good one, get help, Be an ass you deserve what u get.
I shouldn't need to reach out to a producer to recover account info.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is total bs. It is also why most (well all but uo) have actual automated systems for password and account recovery. The money I pay is just as good as someone elses money who is sucking up to a megalomaniac.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, just briefly thinking more on it... here's some reasons your friend may not have received a response yet...

Discrepancies in his story and the account.
Ghosting you and doesn't really want to pay.
Blocked emails and didn't check that.
Junk email folder.
Charged back previous charges 10 years ago and has action on account.
Has other actions on account and found a loop hole to get into EJ on accident.
Your friend doesn't exist and people just like to complain about UO.

It's not always their fault.

I'm not claiming it's perfect or even good either. I just said MaryforUO was hyperaggressive and wrong. There is a form and it's okay to not be a **** at every opportunity.

What's the likelihood on you coming and correcting your story if it really was a junk/blocked email and they had responded a while ago? 0. So these stories continue to spread too.

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Karen hitting up the haterade again :sad3:

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I had been for over 10 years, and came back last year. I didn't have my old email account, but contacted customer service on the phone. The person I spoke to was super helpful, and got my old account activated. I don't remember what number I called, but it was basically "contact Customer Service".

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, just briefly thinking more on it... here's some reasons your friend may not have received a response yet...

Discrepancies in his story and the account.
Ghosting you and doesn't really want to pay.
Blocked emails and didn't check that.
Junk email folder.
Charged back previous charges 10 years ago and has action on account.
Has other actions on account and found a loop hole to get into EJ on accident.
Your friend doesn't exist and people just like to complain about UO.

It's not always their fault.

I'm not claiming it's perfect or even good either. I just said MaryforUO was hyperaggressive and wrong. There is a form and it's okay to not be a **** at every opportunity.

What's the likelihood on you coming and correcting your story if it really was a junk/blocked email and they had responded a while ago? 0. So these stories continue to spread too.
An update this afternoon:
He was able to turn on his 15 year old laptop that was in storage and had luckily written down some information in a word document. He was able to log into his (correct) EA Account and reactivated. He is still seeking support to see if he can un-link them from the old email, as he does not have access to the actual email anymore. Still no communication from EA/Broadsword.

As I stated in the UO Forum thread, he had been checking his blocked/spam folder.

Feel free to make more assumptions about my friend and I though.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didn't assume anything. I just listed potentials. I didn't say your friends don't like you. I just said it was possible.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's the thing. User error = not user friendly. Don't get me wrong, yes in some instances people are just dumb. However with issues regarding billing and account issues are constant. Their system sucks. Top to bottom. I'm talking vaccum of space sucking here. Not some hoover crap.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here's the thing. User error = not user friendly. Don't get me wrong, yes in some instances people are just dumb. However with issues regarding billing and account issues are constant. Their system sucks. Top to bottom. I'm talking vaccum of space sucking here. Not some hoover crap.
Oh for sure. I had issues with it too. But Messana is a saint for putting up with ya'll. Unless she's actively making Account Management harder... I don't see how ya'll can hate on her the way ya'll do. She saved me about $100. And that's more than ya'll have LOL

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The UO team did not make the website for billing. I am sure they hate how many account names and passwords there can be. They have no choice and try to help when they can. But, yall fault them for trying.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just asked for her email... lol. My friend was able to recover his acct and is currently exploring all the changes since he played 10 yrs ago.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just asked for her email... lol. My friend was able to recover his acct and is currently exploring all the changes since he played 10 yrs ago.
Did Messana or customer service help or did he just manage without them?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Take it easy! lol
Are you on me every post I make, everything I write, are you in love with me?
What module did they create, that one? HAHHAHAH
You are crazy, hahaha

I forgive you because you are not a programmer, but that is a classic "contact us", you know yes? Or if you want I'll explain it to you with a drawing ...
A contact form to recover your account shouldn't be like this, it should be "more user friendly" and be created "only for recovery" of an account, you know when you don't remember a password and click on "recover your password" ? Here's a form like that.
But I guess you'll never understand why you're only here to break down on everything I write.

I give you some news, I have a nice family, I have many friends, I have a good job, I am happy and economically I feel great and I always smile.
Maybe you are missing something, and if you want we can talk about it, I'm not a grudge person ok? bye :)

I am glad for you that you have solved every problem. I'm still waiting for Mesanna to wake up and read my email !!

Think about your attitude, you are the classic know-it-all and you are not a very polite and respectful person, you know.

Your answer is = 0
You didn't even understand what I mean and you wrote the first thing that came to your mind ...

Be a monkey you deserve what u get

....I am only sorry that my native language is not English and I cannot answer as well as I would like ...!

Last edited:

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is total bs. It is also why most (well all but uo) have actual automated systems for password and account recovery. The money I pay is just as good as someone elses money who is sucking up to a megalomaniac.
automated systems for password and account recovery
or a specific "recovery account module" without having to send any emails!

not everyone can speak English well and explain what happened in English!
Nobody wants to argue, but is it possible that you don't get it?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
automated systems for password and account recovery
or a specific "recovery account module" without having to send any emails!

not everyone can speak English well and explain what happened in English!
Nobody wants to argue, but is it possible that you don't get it?
*Chuckles* Yes the language barrier can be challenging. I was actually agreeing with you :)

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bonnie@? Damned I always wrote to soon@

Indeed they try to help each Player to verify themselfs.
But keep in mind that some Accounts have changed their owners decades ago. My 2nd Main was a gm tamer I bought because I didnt like to invest All the time. I pay and play this Account since 20 years. I hope there is no way, that the creator can get him back.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All you Bonnie lovers need to learn to spell...its one S two N's
Mesanna...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Uriah Heep I just assumed it started with 'Mess'... :p
Saul Goodman on Atlantic used to call her Messy-Anna daily, and to her face too. She would get so mad over it haha, he eventually got perma banned on that account and thinks it was because of calling her that hundreds of times :naughty-angel:

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
When I rejoined I just used [email protected] to submit my information. I got a response within 24 hours on what I needed to provide to get my account back. I didn't contact anyone specifically and my response was from some general person. I would imagine that is a tough thing to automate. I mean the only information I knew about my old account was the address on file and the username. This was from 1997 when the game first came out so I was like 13 years old.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I personally blame EA/Mythic for the account management non-sense we have to deal with. After the formal part of the 20th anniversary party, when a number of us were sitting around and talking with Bonnie, the topic of how to best recover an old account (15+ years) came up and she said that Broadsword's hands are tied with their current account management. She expressed frustration but did not elaborate on details.

It's no surprise that EA has its share of customer service issues, which is probably why the Developers have no option other than to get directly involved. The account management details that are in the monthly newsletters are a step ahead of where we were 5+ years ago. My guess is that this is going to be the best we get unless their account management system is overhauled by Mythic.

The few times I have had an account issue, an email to [email protected] (with Bonnie CC'ed) worked and my issue was resolved in about 5 business days. My emails were always courteous, included all information required and it was after I attempted other options like filling out the form, etc. I strongly believe that my polite tone helped me get a response from her.

Booky

Visitor
Mesanna never reads emails, she might after a box of wine read the title and respond with some nonsensical reply. Idiot is too kind a word for her, she put Petra, Rorschach, Taylor, Norrington in charge of forums, they have ruined the game through greed and arrogance, They let the greedy and self important rule and left no room for the players.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had been for over 10 years, and came back last year. I didn't have my old email account, but contacted customer service on the phone. The person I spoke to was super helpful, and got my old account activated. I don't remember what number I called, but it was basically "contact Customer Service".
What is the phone number???? If you really did called them, you have it somewhere.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mesanna never reads emails, she might after a box of wine read the title and respond with some nonsensical reply. Idiot is too kind a word for her, she put Petra, Rorschach, Taylor, Norrington in charge of forums, they have ruined the game through greed and arrogance, They let the greedy and self important rule and left no room for the players.
Um...Taylor and I were in no conceivable way put anywhere by Mesanna. He bought Stratics completely independently and has no association with her, and I just volunteer here with practically zero Mesanna interactions.

I’m flattered that you think I’m special enough to ruin the game though.

:pirate:

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Because this thread is so critical of Broadsword, I decided to relay a recent experience I had with customer service. There was a problem with one of my accounts; it was not aging so I was not advancing toward anniversary rewards. I emailed customer service, and got 4 replies back from a real person. They understood my problem, investigated it, resolved it, and then let me know what had gone wrong. Aside from wishing the problem hadn't happened at all, I can't ask for more.

I know some people have worse experiences than I did. I hope your friend gets their accounts back.

Last edited:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
she put Petra, Rorschach, Taylor...
I think you meant Tazor, not Taylor. I was never invited by Bonnie to be in charge of anything, lol...

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh boy. This is so fun in here. I hope she reads the nice email i sent her just now. EDIT...

Last edited: