• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mesanna's doll

G

Gunga_Din

Enough is enough. This EM stuff is out of control. Most of these items have nothing to do with the game or events. . Now its a contest to see who can create an item that sells for more than 2.5 Bil gold. I'm sure the EM's discuss how much their stuff sells for.

I was guilty of trying to do events all over to get this crap, not anymore. If its an event on my home shard and its related to the event and I get it, then fine. But i'm not going out of my way anymore. Feel like a rat after some cheese or something.

All friends, don't send me icq's anymore about events on other shards or giveaways of sashes or anything. I have no time for this lol.

This **** is impacting the market too much. Rares i was collecting for my tavern theme I was getting for 40 mil last sept. Now i'm having to come up with 80 or more. People need to get max gold sales to afford this em stuff. Its just the same 10 people buying lol.

Call me a cry baby for not having the gold, but I was doing ok collecting till this EM stuff escalated to the point its at now. I mean, you need 100 mil minimum to get something you might want for decor.

Cheers.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Mesanna doll

Enough is enough. This EM stuff is out of control. Most of these items have nothing to do with the game or events. . Now its a contest to see who can create an item that sells for more than 2.5 Bil gold. I'm sure the EM's discuss how much their stuff sells for.

I was guilty of trying to do events all over to get this crap, not anymore. If its an event on my home shard and its related to the event and I get it, then fine. But i'm not going out of my way anymore. Feel like a rat after some cheese or something.

All friends, don't send me icq's anymore about events on other shards or giveaways of sashes or anything. I have no time for this lol.

This **** is impacting the market too much. Rares i was collecting for my tavern theme I was getting for 40 mil last sept. Now i'm having to come up with 80 or more. People need to get max gold sales to afford this em stuff. Its just the same 10 people buying lol.

Call me a cry baby for not having the gold, but I was doing ok collecting till this EM stuff escalated to the point its at now. I mean, you need 100 mil minimum to get something you might want for decor.

Cheers.
I think you are very correct. Im sure that EM's check this forum alot. Some of the new/last EM drops are better in lookingness or usefulness. A Obi with 99 luck, Items with unlimited flamestrike effects, Animated items, Glacial and Europa Colored Items and probably all EMs are using the "new" hue: Abyssal color. There was 2 new roses from Mesanna in glacial and abyssal color yesterday on Napa.
Anyway your post (and mine) are off topic on this thread but if its ok with you some mod could move the two posts into a new discussion thread.

S

Stupid Miner

... so you'd rather have them drop nothing? or only crappy/boring stuff? :confused:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm always confused by complaints like this. These rewards are solely novelty items - they do not affect the balance of the game in any way. They are memorabilia to commemorate events, but possess no intrinsic value. In my view, this makes them perfect event drops.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm always confused by complaints like this. These rewards are solely novelty items - they do not affect the balance of the game in any way. They are memorabilia to commemorate events, but possess no intrinsic value. In my view, this makes them perfect event drops.
Shouldn't be any confusion. The complaint is solely because they weren't lucky to receive the rewards. If the OP was lucky to get the mentioned reward, he wouldn't be here complaining.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Prolly true.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see two points of discussion in the original post.

Point #1: There are far too many "unique" drops in EM events.
Point #2: The prices of the EM events are either going or bound to go up (can't determine which).

The odd thing is, point #1 is usually the solution to point #2. If they make the unique item tags on normal items common, then the prices tend to go down, not up. At least, that's the way I was taught... maybe that changes in the virtual world?

Anyhow, congrats to the OP for learning that you don't have to chase all the carrots, and that working at a game defeats the purpose of the game!

G

Gunga_Din

Look, I think these EM items are a good idea. I was getting some, making some gold to help me collect some true rares for my tavern etc. I started back up collecting last sept and was doing very well. Picking up pieces for 30-50 mil on average (skull mugs, blue glasses, playing cards).

The months went on and I noticed prices at the rares fests increasing very quickly and items I was trying to get from collectors were really starting to carry heavy price tags. Now i'm not sure how many of the people posting above are involved with rares community or collectors, but I can assure you i have made many connections of late and have a lot of insight on the matter.

The problem is, an EM makes some item that is a bit over the top that yes, lets be honest, a very sought after item. Maybe very unique or does flamestrikes lol. Now, someone wants the EM items but your looking at about a minimum of 100 mil or more. This collector then decides to let go some rares. Ok he's got a skull mug for sale. Price....75-80 mil. He needs to max his sale even though there are 100's of these mugs around, he has to sell for more than its probably worth to afford this EM item. Hence, because the EM item prices are driven up by the elite collectors, all other rares follow.

As more and more of these EM items are released, the higher all other objects in game go. Even things like Crimmys and regular loot drops. The seller has to increase its value to be able to afford these EM items.

Look as this mesanna doll for instance. The EM see that mortar pestle sell for 2.5 bil, then this doll is released with same properties. Coincidence? I think not. The EM's saw it sell for this and then release a new item to see what it will go for lol. Don't think its true? I know a few EM's that have asked players what they think their item they created will sell for. Thats a little crazy.

I prefer, say an event that mb like 20 or more robes or specially named swords drop off some brigands. This give people something to get, has some value, mb 40 or 50 mil i don't know, but at least its not super unique where its instantly worth 200 mil.

I don't really collect these EM items, just some of the bottles for my bar :) , but its started to impact my niche of collecting. Other people have PM me and voiced the same concerns or agreed with me.

All i'm saying, is try to keep the EM items rare but not super uber etc. I myself will be selling some rares at the rares fest on chessy. Unfortunately , i'd probably have to up their value to get a few items i'm still looking for. Which sucks for any new collectors, they are gonna have a tough time getting into this aspect of the game. They might only want a few items, but its still gonna be tough to acquire them at a decent and fair price.

Trust me, i have a good amount of gold and items I could sell. I can afford high ticket items, but instead of getting 10 things for my tavern, I might be only able to afford 5 etc.

Bottom line, The super uber EM items have basically driven up the price on other items.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He needs to max his sale even though there are 100's of these mugs around, he has to sell for more than its probably worth to afford this EM item. Hence, because the EM item prices are driven up by the elite collectors, all other rares follow.
I find this an interesting viewpoint.

If person A is selling something for X gold in game, and person B buys it for X gold, then the worth of the item is X gold, at least to person B. Or are you trying to say that person A is trying to scam people into paying more for an item than it is "worth".

It is your opinion that the item is priced higher than it is worth.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe what he is saying is that person a wants to by an em event flower that is going for 100 mil but he is low on money so he decides to sell his skull mug for 75 mil even though it normally goes for 50 mil so he can make extra money to buy the flower. Other rares sellers bump their prices to match his or bump their prices so they too can buy the em event flower. Before you know it, all the rares prices are going up, not because they are worth it but because of the other factors. People who want the rares then have to pay more than they worth if they really want the item. While I know that no one has to buy something, everyone has ended up paying much more for something that they really wanted because they could not find something cheaper. I think all of the shard hopping by rares and em event items collectors bumps prices up even more because they are buying transfer tokens to acquire things and then pass that cost along to the buyer.

Am I close Gunga?

Jandruz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe what he is saying is that person a wants to by an em event flower that is going for 100 mil but he is low on money so he decides to sell his skull mug for 75 mil even though it normally goes for 50 mil so he can make extra money to buy the flower. Other rares sellers bump their prices to match his or bump their prices so they too can buy the em event flower. Before you know it, all the rares prices are going up, not because they are worth it but because of the other factors. People who want the rares then have to pay more than they worth if they really want the item. While I know that no one has to buy something, everyone has ended up paying much more for something that they really wanted because they could not find something cheaper. I think all of the shard hopping by rares and em event items collectors bumps prices up even more because they are buying transfer tokens to acquire things and then pass that cost along to the buyer.

Am I close Gunga?
That's what he is saying, but it really doesn't make sense. If, as you say in your example, the mug is actually only worth 50m, but the rares folks are now asking 75m, they won't sell. So their plan then backfires because they are stuck with a skull mug that no one will buy for the posted price, and they still don't have their EM item.

Anyway, aside from that, it's called the market. If someone asks 75m for a skull mug that you think is worth 50m, then don't buy it. If someone else does buy it for 75m, then that's what it was worth.

Finally, I was at an EM event yesterday. I got nothing. Boo hoo. I had fun, and that's what really matters. The uniqueness and rarity of EM items is pretty cool. Someday I may score one, and then again I might not. It's the people who whine and say everyone should have one of everything who harm these events. Just be glad they even hold EM events, and when the day comes that you get a sweet EM drop sell it for more gold than you can count and be happy.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Am I close Gunga?
That's what he is saying, but it really doesn't make sense. If, as you say in your example, the mug is actually only worth 50m, but the rares folks are now asking 75m, they won't sell. So their plan then backfires because they are stuck with a skull mug that no one will buy for the posted price, and they still don't have their EM item.

Anyway, aside from that, it's called the market. If someone asks 75m for a skull mug that you think is worth 50m, then don't buy it. If someone else does buy it for 75m, then that's what it was worth.

Finally, I was at an EM event yesterday. I got nothing. Boo hoo. I had fun, and that's what really matters. The uniqueness and rarity of EM items is pretty cool. Someday I may score one, and then again I might not. It's the people who whine and say everyone should have one of everything who harm these events. Just be glad they even hold EM events, and when the day comes that you get a sweet EM drop sell it for more gold than you can count and be happy.
I don't buy rares or event items so it's all irrelevant to me, just clarifying his meaning. :bored:

G

Gunga_Din

Am I close Gunga?
Yes Exactly. Thats what i've experienced since I got back into rares in Sept 2009. Since then i've been to 3 Rares Fest and have had many dealing with collectors.

This is the Trend i'm noticing and its only gonna get worse.

Cheers Lestat.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Exactly. Thats what i've experienced since I got back into rares in Sept 2009. Since then i've been to 3 Rares Fest and have had many dealing with collectors.

This is the Trend i'm noticing and its only gonna get worse.

Cheers Lestat.
And it's going to happen regardless. People charge what they want to charge and people will pay what they want to pay. There is no fix to this unless there is going to be a price-limit per item which will never happen.

G

Gunga_Din

Ahh well, I only collect some bottles for my bar and older sever births anyway. Got a few more items on my list for my tavern, i'm sure i'll find sooner or later at decent prices.

Glad I limit my collecting :)

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if there goin go thand out stuff, do it like the cloaks of silence were done

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"other shards" ? goodness.

this thread is a lie, I wanted to purchase the Mesanna collectible action figure. Keep it in the box of course.