• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@mesanna, @kyronix, @bleak Our recommendations for upcoming changes.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Let us put in this thread ideas that may help the Devs come up with prevention of some of the issues discussed very nicely my members of the Forum here, in a NICE way to the Devs to see and the reasons why. Please feel free to add items that concern us all.

For instance:

=Please if you really add puzzles to T-Hunting chests, make sure that you implement that with every fail of the puzzle NO ITEMS WILL BE LOST, regardless of the trap. Otherwise the system will not work, and people will not do content, for the reason, that with most of the items destroyed by the fails nobody will want to do them.

=Please improve the loot table for the chests in terms of items, hopefully moderately.

=Please do not make the top-level chest guardians impossible to defeat.

=In this process please do not alter any of the taming revamp for now at least. Not until the T-Hunting is tweaked.

Please add other recommendations in the following posts.

Last edited:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No feedback expected. Don't have or want official forum access. I do think they do look in this forum, at least periodically.
I think you are wrong. I'll donate $50 to a charity of your choice if any dev ever posts to this thread. I haven't seen a Dev here in months and not since the official forums have opened up. Messana probably made them sign an agreement not to post here. And then on the actual forums...you can't disagree with them or they ignore/lock your thread. There is no more feedback. They will simply code nonsense and shove it into the game.

They gave up trying to attract new players years ago and they know that the die hards left here will never leave no mater what so they just do whatever they feel like to collect a paycheck and go home. None of them actually play the game.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@celticus they do sometimes read posts here, Kyronix and Bleak do anyway, not so much Messana . You might want to check the spelling on those names to tag them though ;) Hmm the auto fill-in works for Kyronix and Bleak but not for Messana it seems her name doesn't exist here....weird!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think you are wrong. I'll donate $50 to a charity of your choice if any dev ever posts to this thread. I haven't seen a Dev here in months and not since the official forums have opened up. Messana probably made them sign an agreement not to post here. And then on the actual forums...you can't disagree with them or they ignore/lock your thread. There is no more feedback. They will simply code nonsense and shove it into the game.

They gave up trying to attract new players years ago and they know that the die hards left here will never leave no mater what so they just do whatever they feel like to collect a paycheck and go home. None of them actually play the game.
Pretty sure they are NOT allowed to post here anymore... but I do know they do READ these forums still.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@celticus they do sometimes read posts here, Kyronix and Bleak do anyway, not so much Messana . You might want to check the spelling on those names to tag them though ;) Hmm the auto fill-in works for Kyronix and Bleak but not for Messana it seems her name doesn't exist here....weird!
You spelled the name wrong. One s two n but in the overall scheme, it wont matter anyway

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Uriah Heep Thanks! I did try to check it with the auto fill-in here for tags but the name didn't seem to exist with either spelling. :eek:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

THey haven't posted in a while, buy they DO read posts here, on a regular basis.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna hasn't logged in since October.

Kyronix keeps his logins private.

Bleak seems to visit once a week or less.

None have posted in quite a while.

Wish List 2019 thread, 6 months old, 19k+ views, 557 posts, 12 pages, not one single comment from a dev.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is from DAoC Forum and I can not see them allowing UO Staff to post on any forum but the official one.

These official boards are administered by Broadsword Online Games Inc© for the discussion of the game Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC).
  1. With the introduction of these official boards, Broadsword staff will no longer be responding to posts or private messages on 3rd party forums or websites for Dark Age of Camelot and will instead focus their community efforts here and on the official Discord server.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
How do I change/correct the post / thread heading? Ty in advance..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Fixed it.. There are several mesana spellings. ( I think 1 s..not 2?)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you honestly believed all of that then show some conviction and quit playing. The alternative is that you are just allowing yourself to be taken advantage of because of an addiction, to UO, complaining about UO, whichever.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let us put in this thread ideas that may help the Devs come up with prevention of some of the issues discussed very nicely my members of the Forum here, in a NICE way to the Devs to see and the reasons why. Please feel free to add items that concern us all.

For instance:

=Please if you really add puzzles to T-Hunting chests, make sure that you implement that with every fail of the puzzle NO ITEMS WILL BE LOST, regardless of the trap. Otherwise the system will not work, and people will not do content, for the reason, that with most of the items destroyed by the fails nobody will want to do them.

=Please improve the loot table for the chests in terms of items, hopefully moderately.

=Please do not make the top-level chest guardians impossible to defeat.

=In this process please do not alter any of the taming revamp for now at least. Not until the T-Hunting is tweaked.

Please add other recommendations in the following posts.
1: I think it's ok to have SOME chance to blow something up, just to give you a feeling of satisfaction when you manage to get through it unscathed. Rewards trying to improve your skill with the puzzles rather than just spamming till it works. Certainly shouldn't be 1 for 1 failure to explosion, more like a 20% chance or something. Plus, maybe limit the max at least, so you can't ruin the chest.

2: Seemed like artifact level stuff was dropping with some decent regularity from reading Tina's sheet. A bump wouldn't hurt though.

3: Yeah, I think they should remain fairly similar to what they were. They should reward group play (as they are with the extra items) rather than try to force it.

I would add in allowing the chest to be picked and the puzzle worked on while the guardians are still alive. So when people in a party are waiting for the chest to be hacked they have something to do, rather than killing first then waiting. Also should allow anyone to try and do the puzzle, that might already be the case, but that's unclear. That way you could split up the required skills if you wanted to giving groups or even just two man teams more template flexibility.

I get that people don't want to do puzzles (though I think the reaction is ridiculously overblown) but I don't mind them, especially if the only difference between lower and higher level chests is number not quality of items. Seems like a fine balance to me. I really think that sticking to the lower level (read: non puzzle trapped) chests won't be nearly as much of a concession as people think it will be, but I know it's easier to freak out and stomp your feet than it is to look at a change and see how you can adapt to it.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1: I think it's ok to have SOME chance to blow something up, just to give you a feeling of satisfaction when you manage to get through it unscathed. Rewards trying to improve your skill with the puzzles rather than just spamming till it works. Certainly shouldn't be 1 for 1 failure to explosion, more like a 20% chance or something. Plus, maybe limit the max at least, so you can't ruin the chest.

2: Seemed like artifact level stuff was dropping with some decent regularity from reading Tina's sheet. A bump wouldn't hurt though.

3: Yeah, I think they should remain fairly similar to what they were. They should reward group play (as they are with the extra items) rather than try to force it.

I would add in allowing the chest to be picked and the puzzle worked on while the guardians are still alive. So when people in a party are waiting for the chest to be hacked they have something to do, rather than killing first then waiting. Also should allow anyone to try and do the puzzle, that might already be the case, but that's unclear. That way you could split up the required skills if you wanted to giving groups or even just two man teams more template flexibility.

I get that people don't want to do puzzles (though I think the reaction is ridiculously overblown) but I don't mind them, especially if the only difference between lower and higher level chests is number not quality of items. Seems like a fine balance to me. I really think that sticking to the lower level (read: non puzzle trapped) chests won't be nearly as much of a concession as people think it will be, but I know it's easier to freak out and stomp your feet than it is to look at a change and see how you can adapt to it.
Honestly I'm not a fan of the puzzle idea but I get that it adds another layer to T-hunting. That said, I think it's nonsense that at GM remove trap (a skill that a majority of people don't have and will need tot train) you would need to do a puzzle to open the chest; this creates multiple extra layers to T-hunting. My personal opinion is that it's one or the other. Either make the remove trap skill a requirement and allow the puzzles to be used to train it (but also allow skill gain to be achieved as it is now by actually removing traps on chests) OR do away with the remove trap requirement on chests and just make them puzzles to open them.

I don't really see the point of having an in game skill (which as GM you are a grandmaster aka best of the trade) that requires out of game critical thinking to use the skills (at GM). This is like saying I'm a legendary tailor but in order to craft an item I will need to answer a series of fabric questions and anytime I get one wrong it will impact the quality of the item.... what's the point of having the skill at that point?

Just my 2 cents...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think it might be a good idea for the Devs to remember the average age of players in UO, I know a lot of people who are in the 65-75 age group. Some of them have problems with their eyes, some have problems with their hands, I have this myself and I am nowhere near 70! It can be hard for some people to do these puzzles under the pressure of having a group waiting for them. Also a lot of people who considered their characters as 'finished' don't want to start training up a new skill..

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think it might be a good idea for the Devs to remember the average age of players in UO, I know a lot of people who are in the 65-75 age group. Some of them have problems with their eyes, some have problems with their hands, I have this myself and I am nowhere near 70! It can be hard for some people to do these puzzles under the pressure of having a group waiting for them. Also a lot of people who considered their characters as 'finished' don't want to start training up a new skill..
Yep I am 68yrs old and and I am not going to like the puzzles one bit if this goes live. I tried the trove maps on TC and gave up one the rusty one after trying several times, then the two I did solo after I gave up when I hit the puzzles. The first was a pictograph, walked away from it, the 2nd was also another pictograph, again I walked away tossing the map on the ground at the chest, I did try to solve but took damage at every move.

The a friend ask to come along on another map so I did another Trove with him, now he is a good 25 yrs younger then me and it took him forever to solve the map's puzzle, and being in range of his attempts to solve this puzzle (note it was not a pictograph) I took a lot of damage, I died during that map, so I moved 15 tiles off while he kept trying to solve it.

Now if this goes live any 4th or 5th level (name they will be then) maps I get, will go in the trash as I will not do any puzzles nor will I sell to others that piece of trash.

Delores D

Journeyman
I have done 2 chests, one a level one and the other hoard. One person helped with the 2nd. Will what is in the chests now what will be in them later? The jems, gold and maybe one or 2 other things? The reason I like them now is the armor that can be unraveled for imbueing supplys and gaining on imbueing. Without the armor what is the sense in doing them? It also helps other players who gain imbueing to gain and I have given a ton of that stuff away to unravel.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I refuse to post on the official forums for many reasons but the "strict guidelines" for posting is ridiculous. The devs do pop in here and read the forums though. @Kyronix visits more often. https://stratics.com/members/kyronix.164661/ https://stratics.com/members/bleak.156668/ https://stratics.com/members/mesanna.284/

I took the advice of @bourne and @Victim of Siege and went to TC to test things out.

1. Did I enjoy them? No, not really. They were too quick and not much loot.
  2. Were the puzzles tough? While they were a pain in the .... they were doable but no fun. I don't understand why everything has to be a grind. I did the grind of training my character and my pet, and building my suit. Why do I need to do puzzles as well? Once again, if I want puzzles I will play facebook games or other games.
  3. How did the time compare? Even with the puzzles, I was finished earlier than I would normally so I can do more level 6 and 7 maps than before.
  4. How did the loot compare? I miss the chests being stocked with everything. I miss the pinks, blues, skeleton keys, pet treats, and different goodies in the chest. Yes, I got more artifact loot but none really jumped out and no legendaries. I am very disappointed. The regs were nice since I hate buying them to make kegs along with the imbuing ingredients. The refinements made nice clean-up points. Now I get an empty chest with a few random things, most of which will be unraveled. I miss the chance of getting level 7 maps in the chest as well.
  5. Group needed? Definitely not! There are not enough guardians to keep them busy and the wait for the puzzles would bore them. Even with more loot in the chest, I don't think there will be too many people signing up to do group hunts. It would also be tough to split up.
  6. Extra skill? It was easy to modify the template to fit in remove trap even though I never used mining before.
The maps were all in Tram. The cache was too easy. I think there were 4 mobs and I was done in 5 minutes. There were some artifacts and some gold but loot was weak and it was done and over so quickly. The horde had the stupid slider, when I was done the chest was at 48%. It had 2 Balrons, 1 Titan, 1 Poison Elemental. I got 6 major magic items, 2 major artifacts, 49419 gold, 22 of each gem and 4526 gold from guardians. Aside from the stupid puzzle, it took about 5 minutes as well. The trove had the puzzle that reminds me of minesweep and memory combined. The guardians that spawned were 2 greaters, 2 balrons, 1 ancient, 1 poison and 1 titan. It contained 9 greater/major magic items, 63k gold, 29 of each gem, 15k gold from guardians, 1 lesser artifact, 6 greater artifacts, and 2 major artifacts. I was using a 2185 luck suit and no luck buffs. I am a tamer/t-hunter using a high resist greater to kill with and no masteries.

Here is some of the loot I got from the 3 and I cannot estimate the value:

GA Trove.png GA2 Trove.png MA1 Hoard.png MA2 Hoard.png

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dear To Whom It May Concern.

After I removed all the pancakes, omelets, and waffles from the early draft of my post here, I found that I had nothing to say on this subject.
Please see the wish list for my comments on lots of other subjects.

Sincerely,
Laura