• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Mesanna Helps Stratics Celebrate our 16th Anniversary

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Sunday 20th October Stratics celebrated 16 years of supporting game communities as a fan site. as part of that celebration Tia and I were able to interview our much loved UO Producer, Bonnie (Mesanna) Armstrong. The interview contains much of interest, including some information about upcoming vet rewards and Christmas gifts, plus a demonstration that our Dark Overlady isn't imune from attack after all. To see what I mean watch the video, it occurs between the fourteenth and fifteenth minute.​

To see All the highlights of the day visit YouTube.com/TheStraticsNetwork.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am surprised people aren't jumping up and down about the 2 little secrets she let out ( vet reward and surprise for xmas if I remember?)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am surprised people aren't jumping up and down about the 2 little secrets she let out ( vet reward and surprise for xmas if I remember?)
Oh, I'm totally giddy about the tub. Not even kidding. I squealed with joy when she mentioned it.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Anyone who watches this will be! :)

Will be jumping up and down, that is.

Last edited:

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
O M G !!! you Ladies rule the world !!! Great interview !!! I really enjoyed it :loser:

Big thanks to Mesanna to answer that deeply and sincerly. And good job from the interviewers as well. *thumbs uip to Petra and Tia*

Hope to get that type of videos more often,

Lien Ragus

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was VERY happy where she said she'd like to do HoC or such ever month or two!

Can't WAIT!

Also can't wait for my tub! *starts to look for a good spot for one!*..... Oh wait.... Malag bathes in the Bay.... *Strips jumps in for a swim*... But his wife will sure be happy!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was fun to watch! Thank you all! Now I know where the cu art came from... and size... :)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well .... I must say I enjoyed that. I look forward to the gifts and rewards time.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only thing in the interview I don't really care for, was the "In-game Store" now it sounds like a great idea, but this is the reason I don't care for it: Security Issues.

If the reason there is no MyUO - Character/guild search is because of security issues, What the hell do you think an in-game store is going to be like...

Great Interview though. :)

Last edited:

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone who worked to put this interview together. It's really good to see the energy and enthusiasm, very entertaining as well. Left me with a big smile. And Mesanna I completely agree about what you said regarding people being mean when you aren't face to face. I know some posts on stratics can be pretty harsh but glad you and the rest of your team have rock solid jaws.

Thanks again for the fun!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but I stopped watching @ Bathtubs. I think she was kidding though. She has to be... I mean REALLY? BATHTUBS?
Why not? Lots of people go to a lot of trouble to create hotpools from blue dyed cloth and cotton. It must be a nightmare to come up with gifts every year that aren't game changing; it makes sense to look for ideas in what people create in their houses.
I'm glad we're focusing on bath tubs rather than fixing pvp and factions.
One does not discount the other. Do you stop fixing meals on days when you do laundry?

Both of you sound as if you come onto the boards with the attitude 'what can I find fault with and grouse about today'.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A question and a suggestion. How many tiles will the hot tub cover? Place the 15th aniv robes to the UO store.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe 'hot tub' is not quite what it is. If I remember right Mesanna said 'dragon pool with running water'.

OMG A GIANT ROCK

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mesanna should make braces for people in the game too for people with bad teeth from eating too much candy during Trick or Treating on this game.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silly bunny......
As for the tub ... I have wanted a tub for the bathroom for ages, nothing beats a soaking after a hard days hunting in UO. The shower's I have just don't cut it.
I would love though word from her on making bod books 1 lock down, 1 item count with accessablity from a locked position. Full books mean less lag and less storage needed. Also so I can have my tailor not strip to get a bod out of her books... hmmm she can do it in the tub I guess but I really do want this.

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why not? Lots of people go to a lot of trouble to create hotpools from blue dyed cloth and cotton. It must be a nightmare to come up with gifts every year that aren't game changing; it makes sense to look for ideas in what people create in their houses.

One does not discount the other. Do you stop fixing meals on days when you do laundry?

Both of you sound as if you come onto the boards with the attitude 'what can I find fault with and grouse about today'.
So she was serious about the bathtubs? Wow Just Wow.... I have never seen someone make a bathtub in UO tbh. If there are then that gift caters to a very small userbase. I could care less though because I always thought that all these gifts did was clutter the server and create lag.

While we're thinking of things to do heres a good one. They are on the right track with this invasion stuff but what would be good is if they add 2 outfit/dress slots to the paperdoll. Allow us to hide what we really have on and what we show. Give me an option to wear a pink dress if I want to or better yet a SKIRT and Spellbook in hand. Allow us to toggle which outfit we want to make visible to the people viewing out characters as we run around and when they open our paperdoll. That is something real that EA could spend their time working on that will make both the Trammel and Felucca sides by majority happy.

If anyone who can make good changes happen wants to get hold of me by all means do so. There are a lot of things on the PVP side of the game that PVPERS would like to see changed. As much as PVPers like to hate eachother I'm positive that a Council of sorts could be put together with a spokesperson for each major PVP guild currently in game IE HI_5, EVO, LD, DC, LBSG, R, PAIN, HOT, EUO* and the list goes on. I'm confident that said PVP guilds could atleast get together and agree on changes in PVP that the game needs and not rage on eachother too bad while doing so.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Silly bunny......
As for the tub ... I have wanted a tub for the bathroom for ages, nothing beats a soaking after a hard days hunting in UO. The shower's I have just don't cut it.
I would love though word from her on making bod books 1 lock down, 1 item count with accessablity from a locked position. Full books mean less lag and less storage needed. Also so I can have my tailor not strip to get a bod out of her books... hmmm she can do it in the tub I guess but I really do want this.
OKIES MEEES KIN WASHES YOOS BACK?