• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Merry Xmas to Me!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just thought I'd share what I found today. I decided to try and improve on my bake kitsune, one of my weakest pets. So I was loring and slaughtering away, kinda drifting off, dozens of really crappy kits, and then suddenly, this one popped...

Then it went and turned into a human on me... I had to almost kill it to get it to turn back into a fox...

I

imported_Hinotori

Very nice. I love nice little foxes. Good tanks and good just to have a pair out.

And I love how they laugh at you after they kill you.

G

Holy crap Batman *Whap* that is an awesome Kit.

I want one...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

<blockquote><hr>

I had to almost kill it to get it to turn back into a fox...

[/ QUOTE ]
I am informed that you can tame them while they are in human form... I assumed that because you couldn't lore them you couldn't tame them either. Then I was so excited I just had to start training her, and almost killed her again... I'm not following Llewen's first rule of taming, "If you find an awesome pet LEAVE IT IN THE STABLE UNTIL IT BONDS!" But it is sweet that all of her skills are already either in the 80's or close. As long as I don't kill her she should be fully trained within a couple of weeks after she bonds.

I

imported_Sarphus

yeah

I was training a couple giant ice worms off each other (unbonded). That went great till one of them got to 99 poisoning and poisoned the other one. I wasn't paying enough attention and they don't have enough hp to survive long. I was too slow and one of the 2 snakes died.

G

That's one sweet kit that followed you home, Llewen!

I was a slow convert to kits. That said, I'm loving my wee pair of foxes, both for hunting and for protection when I'm the hunted.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They are the perfect two slot pet to complement my dragon or rune beetle in pvp. They are tough, mana dump like mad, and between two pets casting on you and their rage, the only way any caster is going to get a spell off is if they have protection on.

J

joblackjon

Hey you got MY Kit!!!!!!

I've been killing (not Taming) Kits for about 40 hrs over a the last month. According to my experience 99.9999999999% Kits are born useless!

You got THE ONLY good Kit for the next 5 years!

My experience: if the Kit has okay Stats then 2-3 Resists are in the 40s. If the Resists are okay then the Stats suck. In the last month I Tamed 2 - 3.8 Kits which stinks! However, I did bank a googolplex worth of gold!!!

Is it a location trick? Where in Kitsuni Woods did you find your wonderous Kit? What's your secret?

I

imported_Sarphus

I've tamed 5 keepers so far. At least 2 of my keepers are actually better than that one.

Most bakes aren't even close to the max because bakes have a 20 pt variance in each of their resists (which makes it extremely rare to have good values in all resists) and a large variance on their stats as well. The odds that all those rolls go high on a single bake are VERY low.

The best way to get a good bake that I've found is to use the custom lore gump I wrote to have it show you all stats at once and hilight the good ones. That way you can blow through the bad ones quickly and minimize clicks (which reduces the strain on your hands)

When I'm taming bakes, I blow through a TON of them and it's not uncommon to go a whole day and not get a single keeper. Good bakes are worth the effort, though. A good bake can tank pretty much anything.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

At least 2 of my keepers are actually better than that one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sarphus and I often disagree about what makes a pet good (I'm not saying his aren't better, I'm just saying I don't remember their stats if I have seen them, so I don't have an opinion at this point). I use my bake and rune beetle/dragon in pvp, and for that, based on my experience, high stats are more important than perfect resists. So in my books, that bake is probably as good a one as I'll ever see. I have a rune beetle that is absolutely amazing in pvp (and I've had enough experience with other rune beetles to notice a significant difference), and Sarphus wouldn't even look twice at it because it's resists are mediocre.

In my opinion this is the best pvp rune beetle I've found in a year of farming, and I wouldn't take 100 mil for it. Now for pvm, I would want to have much better resists on a beetle before I would consider it to be an excellent pvm rune beetle.

I

imported_Sarphus

it's true we look for different things on a pet. I don't like taking any pet with less than awesome resists no matter the stats. Generally I run pets that have good stats and resists.

Right now I'm macroing a char, but I'll check the stats of some of my bakes at some point here and see what I have. I just know I have 5 good ones.

I

imported_Sarphus

I looked over my bakes. They're all about like yours... better resists, but usually lower stats.

So I guess mine aren't any better... they're just better for what I do