• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Merge Clarification

G

In game and from friends I've heard about the merge "timeline". There seems to be MANY people believing that the merges will be done by the end of January and will only take "a few days" for them all to happen. They quote Lee's blog post which listed the order of the merges.

The way I interpret it is that merges will START after the bullet train (which will happen by the end of January). Pure common sense tells me that the merges won't be that fast.

I'd imagine that they would merge one city a week at maximum.

Has anybody heard from the devs in the Community Pub, Town Hall, or elsewhere the actual TIMELINE for when the merges will be FINISHED?

Word on the street is by next week.

Common sense tells me in about 4 months.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Only timeline I ever heard is...."by this time next year, all cities will be merged". LOL.

There is no time line for merges. I don't expect we will get one either. Timelines mean deadlines and if deadlines aren't met, heads will roll.

G

That's the way I'm thinking! I nearly fell out of my chair when I started hearing people gossip about merges being done within a matter of days!

M

Monkeybear

It was said they were aiming to do a merge a week so 10 weeks for normal cities and longer for BV since they need to redo the merge code for it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It was said they were aiming to do a merge a week so 10 weeks for normal cities and longer for BV since they need to redo the merge code for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that's 10 weeks start to finish....last I read over in the tech forums, I believe Lee said that the first merge was still "weeks" away, so that means that if just for the sake of a number, the first merge doesn't take place for 2-3 weeks, then that would mean they wouldn't all be completed, BEST case scenario, for 12-13 weeks, or 3 months. I'm betting all 10 merges won't fall within best case scenario of being able to pull of 1 merge a week, so I would anticipate looking at more like 4, maybe even 5 months before its all said and done. If it's done sooner than that, woohoo I'll be doing the Snoopy dance since the BV merge is the one I am most anxious about, to find out if those oldest sims of mine are gonna survive. I definitely wouldn't get myself in a hurry about it though.......past precedent says that's a recipe for frustration and malcontent around here. LOL

G

Lee has stated several time in posts about the number of avatars people should make in EA Land, that there was 'enough' time to elimiate your extra EAL sims before the merged sim arrive.

Since it takes 7 days per sim to delete, that would seem to indicate several weeks, before the cities start merging....

Plus the lists is a first to last catalog of city merges....which in itself, means that it will be one at a time.

***Sigh***

Guess we had better prepare for a lot of pissed-off and pissy posters, the first of February.......