• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Memory of Goodman....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was going through some old runebook's and was tossing out the ones that were no longer useful. Old vendor houses that have fallen by they wayside etc. Then I came across this one. I thought back to when Goodman himself marked and handed me the rune as he was showing me his extensive library, more than happy to take time out for a true noob player who had only been playing less than a month. He gated me around to several easier to train dungeons and marked me some runes to them. That was not my only encounter with the man who's legacy lives on thanks to all the hard work of the folks in GRL, but it was my first and fondest one.

Nah... this one ain't getting tossed out or marked over. It will be locked in the floor for folks to see as some small tribute to the man who helped countless travelers, and still does to this day.

Before you ask... Nope, I have no idea why I felt the need to post about it.... I just did.

Goodman.jpg

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before you ask... Nope, I have no idea why I felt the need to post about it.... I just did.

View attachment 10360
I for one am glad you did. Goodman was a rare soul, willing to go the extra mile for anyone. It is right to hold someone who puts others before themselves in high regard, and to keep items associated with such a person grounds us to the kindness they possessed. It brings us back to a time when community was everything and a persons deeds, good or bad, marked them.

Sometimes I think back on those days and am saddened at what i see today. The need for community and friends has been eclipsed by the drive to grab event items and rare or collectible items to pad bank accounts with gold.

anyway, thanks for the post, made me smile.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Glad you are glad, and yes he was. It is rare thing to find these days for sure. I know I fall into that trap of focusing on driving the bank account a good bit of the time, but inevitably I run across something like this rune that snaps me back into remembering why I kept playing the game to begin with. That community feel. Folks often talk and complain about needing new players, and seeing growth.. but how often do we as a whole do what it took to keep US around... how often do we help the new players we come across? My honest answer is only occasionally, but I will once again make a conscious effort to do better at it. I challenge everyone who reads this to do the same ;)