• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Melee Training

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a new trick to train weapon skills after the golem method got fixed?
I see people in town hitting wolf spiders and artic ogre lords
does that take you to 120? and how do you tame them?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Wolf Spiders required just 60 taming (30 bought + 30 jewels).
Arctic Ogre Lords can be charmed using Spellweaving.

I believe that the fastest way to train melee weapon skill is to use WW weapon.

sirdiealot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
whirl wind works great.with a soul seeker i trained from 60-120 in one day.
was just luring creatures a lot(more than 5) than cast ww,great gains.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can do champ spawns, but if you don't want to do all that running, once you can WW, you can get good gains from the slimes in the SA dungeon.

sirdiealot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
polonco;
  • 40-60 skill - skeletons preferably 1-3 at a time these can be found in any graveyard
  • 60-70 skill - llizardmen such as you'd find in the top level of ddespise
  • 70-85 skill - Harpyies in CoveteusDes
  • 85-105 skill - earth elementals found in sshame
  • 105-120 rat mand spawn in underground(lvl 3 and bosses)

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just finished re-training macing after a soul stone accident and here is how I did it with a few notes.

0-40 Churchill the macing instructor in New Haven
40-50 Killing undead in New Haven
50-65 Killing lizardmen in Despise (Felucca). They gave good gains but there was too much running around between kills.
65-80 Ratman spawn north of Ilshenar Sacrifice gate. Once I hit seventy I made a black staff for whirlwind hitting. Gains were excellent.
80-100 Shame level 1. Mud pies and Earth Elementals. Again whirlwind was a great boon here with excellent gains.
100-120. Mostly Goblin mini-champ spawn which gave great gains. But it gets a bit boring on its own. I mixed it up with raptors (multiple targets you will NEED a whirlwind weapon here), the ratman mini-champ spawn (easy to fight boss with a ton of hit points) and High-plains boura (insta-respawn with a decent gain rate and hey I needed the leather). Shame Level 2 is good for gains at this level too but the mud eles annoy me with their slow down thing and the clay golem respawn rate is way too low.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Very nice melee manual, hen! Please don't forget to restock your vendor with raptor teeth, hen! I need more and more and more and more and more........

Reactions: hen

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
50-60 advanced dummy

60-70 any monsters that spawn fast, for example, toxic slith (need some skill on jewels)