• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Melee damage to Neira the Necromancer

Cycloknight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was wondering how some people are getting over 100 damage on Neira with melee weapons.
Currently I can only get up to 40 damage per hit while using honor, but I have seen others doing 120 damage per hit. She has no slayer vulnerabilities and her weakness is energy.

Any ideas?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was wondering how some people are getting over 100 damage on Neira with melee weapons.
Currently I can only get up to 40 damage per hit while using honor, but I have seen others doing 120 damage per hit. She has no slayer vulnerabilities and her weakness is energy.

Any ideas?
This sort of question is exactly what we discuss on the warrior profession forum. But since you asked here on UHall...

Neira has high resists. So you first need to maximize your damage output. This includes hitting your 300% damage cap. You can do this for Neira by having 100DI spread across your suit and weapon, running Enemy of One (EOO), and using perfection. Based on my experience you are correct in that there is no slayer. Other things you can do to maximize damage is to run with high STR, maximize tactics and anatomy skills, and use a weapon with high base damage. All that said, to hit Neira for over 100 damage will require the use of Armor Ignore (AI). You can chain this with a very high HML property on your weapon, 40 Lower Mana Cost, Nd a decent mana pool. Remember Neira throws bones which summon more undead so EOO may not be the best choice all the time. I usually switch to momentum strike when I have extra foes to clear out while still using my AI weapon. I won't hit her for over 100 damage with momentum strike, but across the two foes I hit over 100.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
bring hiryus to drop its physical resist or rune beetle to cut all tis resist in half for more damage input :) a bard to discord is also useful on niera :)

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO the best weapon to use in soloing Neira is the Double Axe (I think that's it) it's specials are Whirlwind and AI. Just AI Neira and use Whirlwind once you get an extra 3-4 creatures around you.

Use potions/apples (I buff up with STR/AGIL before engaging).

Depending on my mood I'll either run anatomy or resist spells. With resist spells, you can really fly through the spawn, but takes significantly longer on Neira. With anatomy, you'll need to go slower. Paragon Skeleton Mages and blood oath really suck. But, Neira dies quicker.

When I am paired up with my wife, I'll run my sampire out when the 4th level spawns and grab my bard. Set up discord as my mastery, discord Neira, then switch to peace for songs.