• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Melee Archer

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have posted stats/skills/gear of my previous archer:
http://stratics.com/community/threads/my-macer-archer.309739/

It is good template. Technically it's a combination of sampire and ABC archer. VE not only gives life leach but also gives 15 SR and 3 MR. On monsters like Dread Horn and Slasher she did even slightly better then ABC Archer in spite of she has just 100 Tactics/Anatomy and 45 SSI while my ABC has 120 Tactics/Anatomy and 60 SSI.
But there is some problem. There are monsters that alter leach sign so you don't heal but damage yourself. For example, Osiredon the Scalis and The Assassin (invasion boss). Theoretically it's not a problem. I can easily kill it if I cast off VE. But in practice I loose a lot of karma. The same problem with monsters that cast mysticism spells. They can remove buffs including VE.
Since I don't want to spent a lot of time farming karma I built new archer that technically a combination of Bushido paladin and ABC archer.

Stats:

90-84-70-71-80 resists (75-75-70-71-80 caps, 29 DCI cap)
100 DI, 45 HCI, 29 DCI
130 STR, 140 DEX, 15 INT, 140 HP, 181 Stam, 75 Mana (without potions)
With archery jewels she has: 25 SSI, 6 FCR, 202 Luck.
With swords jewels she has: 35 SSI, 340 luck.

+15 phys res for protection
+9 fire res for corpse skin (I can replace fire replace 2 fire res with 4 INT or 80 luck)
140 DEX for max healing speed
Luck on jewels is because I have not 1 billion for clean 10 SSI jewels.
With 35 SSI I need just 150 Stamina for max swing speed with a Double Axe.
With 25 SSI + 10 SSI from enhancing I need just 150 Stamina for max swing speed with a Yumi.
I need to imbue 25 SSI on a Composite Bow to get 60 SSI and 1.5s swing speed with 150 Stamina.
I can add 5 more DCI to the jewels and replace Corgul's sash with LT sash to get 5 INT and 2 MR but I don't like brittle items.

Skills:
120 Archery
120 Sword
90 Bushido
120 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing

With the same jewels (but slightly different base skills) I could have:

ABC archer
120 Archery
60 Parry (for special move mana reduction)
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing

or

Bushido Paladin
120 Sword
60 Parry
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing

... but now I have 2 in 1. I may switch from melee to ranged attack during the battle. For example, I usually use a Double Axe on first 3 levels of a spawn and a Composite Bow on the 4th level and against a champion. I can switch from melee weapon (and leach more mana) to a range damage (and take less damage or be able to kill a monster on the other bank of a river).

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
With a bow she is about the same as an ABC archer. The only difference is 90 vs 120 Bushido. It may be noticed only when you haven't slayer and miss about 30% of shots.

With an axe/sword she is slightly worse because she can't use Evasion. But since she uses archery against hard hitting monsters so it is not a problem.

I can soulstone archery or sword and add 30 more bushido and 60 parry. This way I may receive two different chars - ABC Archer (like my invasion archer) and Bushido Paladin (switching between archery and sword via soulstone).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I still need to craft weapon for this char.

1. Composite Bow
It's my main AI weapon. I'm going to get 6 with different super slayers and 1 for peerless with an additional mod instead of super slayer.

Peerless:
50 DI, 48 HML, 35 SSI, 50 HSL, HLA/HFat/HMD (I haven't decided yet about the last mod)

Important super slayers (Demon, Reptile and may be Undead):
50 DI, 48 HML, 35 SSI, 36 HSL, SuperSlayer

Other super slayers (Elemental, Arachnid and may be Repond):
50 DI, 48 HML, 35 SSI, 20 HFat/HMD, SuperSlayer
(just because those bows are much cheaper)

2. Yumi
For Double Shot. I definitely craft one bow for peerless. I am not going to craft super slayer bows but will craft if I feel I need them (for bosses or big monsters with low resists). I may craft even craft some exotic bows like 70 HMD (and 37 HML) for some bosses.

Peerless:
50 DI, 48 HML, 10 SSI, 50 HSL, ...
I haven't decided about last two modes. May be Hit Fatigue and Hit Lightning.

3. Double Axe
It's my main WW weapon. I will also use it for Double Strike. I'm going to get 6 with different super slayers. May be I'll craft one for peerless (just because melee weapon leach more mana). Some of them will be 100% elemental damage.

Important super slayers (Demon, Reptile, Undead, Elemental):
50 DI, 81 HML, 50 HSL, 100 HLL, SuperSlayer

Other super slayers (Arachnid and may be Repond):
100 elemental damage, 50 DI, 81 HML, 50 HSL, 81 HLL, SuperSlayer
(fire for Arachnid and energy for Repond)

4. BLaded Staff
For AI. In some cases melee weapon more suitable than ranged weapon. Right now I have one with elemental slayer. I crafted it for a customer but he didn't return to buy it. May be I craft another one with 100 HML for cases when I haven't super slayer and can't get perfection bonus. I also craft one for Travesty with Hit Cold Area.

Other super slayers
50 DI, 75 HML, 50 HSL, 100 HLL, Elemental Slayer

Peerless:
50 DI, 75 HML, 50 HSL, 100 HLL, Hit Cold Area

P.S. I may also craft a Crescent Blade for Lady Melisande.

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sound like a lot of weapons that have to be crafted. Will take a while i gues ;-)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have finished the main set of weapons. Probably I will craft about 5 more later with special mods against concrete monsters.

Now I have:
Yumi: 50 DI, 10 SSI, 48 HML, 50 HSL, 20 HMD, 50 Hit Lightining
Yumi: 50 DI, 10 SSI, 48 HML, 50 HSL, 24 HLL, Elemental Slayer
Yumi: 50 DI, 10 SSI, 48 HML, 50 HSL, 24 HLL, Undead Slayer
Composite Bow: 50 DI, 35 SSI, 48 HML, 50 HSL, 48 HLA
Composite Bow: 50 DI, 35 SSI, 48 HML, 36 HSL, Demon Slayer
Composite Bow: 50 DI, 35 SSI, 48 HML, 36 HSL, Reptile Slayer
Composite Bow: 50 DI, 35 SSI, 48 HML, 20 HFat, Arachnid Slayer
Composite Bow: 50 DI, 35 SSI, 48 HML, 20 HFat, Repond Slayer
Bladed Staff: 50 DI, 100 HLL, 75 HML, 50 HSL, Elemental Slayer
Double Axe: 50 DI, 81 HLL, 81 HML, 50 HSL, Arachnid Slayer, 100% Fire Damage
Double Axe: 50 DI, 81 HLL, 81 HML, 50 HSL, Repond Slayer, 100% Energy Damage
Double Axe: 50 DI, 100 HLL, 81 HML, 50 HSL, Demon Slayer
Double Axe: 50 DI, 100 HLL, 81 HML, 50 HSL, Reptile Slayer
Double Axe: 50 DI, 100 HLL, 81 HML, 50 HSL, Undead Slayer
Repeating Crossbow: Balanced, SC, -1 FC

The Yumi with Hit Lightning and the Composite Bow with HLA are my main ranged Double Shot and Armor Ignore weapons.
Demons and Reptiles hit hard so those slayer bows have HSL.
Arachnids and Reponds are not so dangerous so I made those bows without HSL to reduce price.
Undeads usually have low fire resist and Elementals usually have low "opposite" resist so I crafted Yumis with those slayers.
I believe I needn't WW weapon with Elemental Slayer and AI is much better against UEV's. I also use the staff when I need a melee weapon with AI against monsters without slayer.
Demons, Reptiles and Undeads are dangerous in large groups so I need 100 HLL on those Double Axes.
Arachnids and Reponds are not so dangerous so I added 100 elemental damage. I use the one with fire against changelings and the one with energy against Trasher (fame farming).
I use the Repeating Crossbow to drink potions. I also equip it when I don't want to hart monsters (mostly to start honored combat).

I probably will craft a fast weapon, a weapon with hit area, a weapon with 70 HMD and so on.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you are putting up to 3 skill properties on Jewels to get those templates.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
As I have written above I have 10 SSI and 100 Luck on each jewel - so there is no room for 3 skill mods.

Antony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have posted stats/skills/gear of my previous archer:
http://stratics.com/community/threads/my-macer-archer.309739/

It is good template. Technically it's a combination of sampire and ABC archer. VE not only gives life leach but also gives 15 SR and 3 MR. On monsters like Dread Horn and Slasher she did even slightly better then ABC Archer in spite of she has just 100 Tactics/Anatomy and 45 SSI while my ABC has 120 Tactics/Anatomy and 60 SSI.
But there is some problem. There are monsters that alter leach sign so you don't heal but damage yourself. For example, Osiredon the Scalis and The Assassin (invasion boss). Theoretically it's not a problem. I can easily kill it if I cast off VE. But in practice I loose a lot of karma. The same problem with monsters that cast mysticism spells. They can remove buffs including VE.
Since I don't want to spent a lot of time farming karma I built new archer that technically a combination of Bushido paladin and ABC archer.

Stats:

90-84-70-71-80 resists (75-75-70-71-80 caps, 29 DCI cap)
100 DI, 45 HCI, 29 DCI
130 STR, 140 DEX, 15 INT, 140 HP, 181 Stam, 75 Mana (without potions)
With archery jewels she has: 25 SSI, 6 FCR, 202 Luck.
With swords jewels she has: 35 SSI, 340 luck.

+15 phys res for protection
+9 fire res for corpse skin (I can replace fire replace 2 fire res with 4 INT or 80 luck)
140 DEX for max healing speed
Luck on jewels is because I have not 1 billion for clean 10 SSI jewels.
With 35 SSI I need just 150 Stamina for max swing speed with a Double Axe.
With 25 SSI + 10 SSI from enhancing I need just 150 Stamina for max swing speed with a Yumi.
I need to imbue 25 SSI on a Composite Bow to get 60 SSI and 1.5s swing speed with 150 Stamina.
I can add 5 more DCI to the jewels and replace Corgul's sash with LT sash to get 5 INT and 2 MR but I don't like brittle items.

Skills:
120 Archery
120 Sword
90 Bushido
120 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing

With the same jewels (but slightly different base skills) I could have:

ABC archer
120 Archery
60 Parry (for special move mana reduction)
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing

or

Bushido Paladin
120 Sword
60 Parry
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing

... but now I have 2 in 1. I may switch from melee to ranged attack during the battle. For example, I usually use a Double Axe on first 3 levels of a spawn and a Composite Bow on the 4th level and against a champion. I can switch from melee weapon (and leach more mana) to a range damage (and take less damage or be able to kill a monster on the other bank of a river).
Hi Corwin .... I'm having a hard time understanding how you switch in battle. Only dealing with "skills" could you tell me what "base skills" your character has ..... and the again only dealing with skills, how do you switch during battle .... I've got the "switch jewelry with a macro" part .... I just can't figure out what skills are on where to "make" the switch ....

Thanks ... I'm probably missing something very obvious ..... antony

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have 90 Archery and 90 Swordsmanship. One sets of jewels has +25 Archery (+5 on my quiver) and another one has +30 Swordsmanship. So I switch between "120 Archery 90 Sword" and "95 Archery 120 Sword".
I could reach 120 Archery with 85 base skill but I need 90 to use special moves.

Antony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 90 Archery and 90 Swordsmanship. One sets of jewels has +25 Archery (+5 on my quiver) and another one has +30 Swordsmanship. So I switch between "120 Archery 90 Sword" and "95 Archery 120 Sword".
I could reach 120 Archery with 85 base skill but I need 90 to use special moves.
CorwinXX .... I'm ok with the Archery and Swords part .... what I need to know are ALL of the base skills ..... what skills do you have (all of them) .... what is the "Base Amount" for each ... what is the FINAL (TOTAL) AMOUNT for each .... and how/where do you get the extra skills. No matter how I do it I end up with too many base skill points .....

Thanks ..... Antony

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
90 Archery, 90 Sword, 60 Bushido, 120 Tactics/Anatomy/Chivalry/Healing.
30 Bushido on jewels.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Corwin, I like the idea of being able to use both swords and bows. Have you tried PvP with this template? I'm looking for a template that will allow me to do champ spawns but also defend against players when attacked.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
This template is OK in PvP although I myself haven't much experience.
The main problem is mana. Since you haven't MR and Focus/Meditation you should spend mana frugally.
If you survived initial attack (when you my be in the middle of a large group of monsters - cursed, poisoned, etc) you can do pretty well in 1 to 1 situation.
Of course you will need special weapons for PvP.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corwin I just too run something like this about 5 years ago and it was fun. I quit because the cost of everything. Now with imbuing and reforging it is less expensive.

Corwin, I like the idea of being able to use both swords and bows. Have you tried PvP with this template? I'm looking for a template that will allow me to do champ spawns but also defend against players when attacked.
This was a very popular template for PvP a few years ago. I am not sure if people are still playing but they would use fencing instead of swords.