• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Meeting Minutes from Tonights Meet and Greet with the Devs

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Origin's Meet and Greet with the Developers and The Dark Lady herself!
If you missed it, here is the recap.
In attendance:
Mesanna
Kyronix
Bleak
Misk

Lady Silverwolf - Can skeleton keys ever be made stackable?

Mesanna- not as long as they have uses

Lady SilverWolf- Red Abyss Essence have no use, is there going to be one in the near future?

Mesanna - There are a number of items we are going to make use of, that is one of them, don't throw it away.

Lady Silverwolf - On that note, is fey slayer going to be added to imbuing?

Mesanna - I think that is the only one that is off the list currently.

I thought at one of the earlier meet and greets we stated we would add it, we have just been tied up with getting the current publishes out to do it.

Lady Silverwolf - no problem I'm in no rush just making sure they are not forgotten about.

Mesanna - we have not forgotten

Lady Silverwolf - I would like to have ankhs added outside of dungeons or at least covetous

Mesanna - We will talk about it, we know it's frustrating.

Lady Silverwolf - It is, especially in Covetous doing void pool.

Lady Silverwolf - What about friends lists added to the game?

Mesanna - We used to have one for the EC Client but it did not work out that well. IF we had a better messaging system to tell you when your friends are on that would be great and something maybe we can look into.

L- What about letting us get conjure trinkets back as a reward like the blackthorn turn-ins or even doom.

M- We will discuss it but maybe put something like it in the game instead. How many more do you have?

L-I read a post about it on uo.com is there still plans for a battleground shard? And that's my last question.

Kyronix - There were substantial technical hurdles with making a battleground shard feasible, so we took the approach of VvV and implemented that.

M- Thank you SilverWolf you had some good questions.

DARTANTH - Good evening dark lady and fellow developers

M- greetings Dartanth

Misk - Hello!

Bleak - Hello!

Dar - Ok so I have a few questions and the previous guest inspired some extra ones.

M- remember we do have a line, so limit it to three please.

Dar-Speaking of the void pool any idea to turn up the amount of points one can get solo?

Dar - very few people do it and it takes almost impossibly long to get any rewards.

M-no sir

Dar-like the valorite frostwood maps, in that case any chance of a prospector tool for wood?

M- Well there is one you can get at the void pool *ducks*

Dar- Oh..lol well that's something to keep in mind I guess, alright two more.

M- question do you play here? On Origin?

Dar- I don't know if it's been discussed yet but..no I am atlantic

M-Go head, you're next question then

Dar - Any chance at allowing enhancing with leather for cloth hats?

M- because they are ugly!

Dar-seriously leather caps are a fashion travesty so please fix that!

M-we would have to talk about it and measure it out

Dar-That seems fair enough

M-how about just some new leather hats?

Dar - possibly, I mean in real life you have leather lined hats and such

M- that are not butt ugly!

Dar - Leather hats would be great maybe take idea on the forums for fashion styles lol

M-Thank you Dartanth

Dar-no problem thank you for your time

Dukiss - hail first question is more like a plea, any plans to stop multi accounts boxing especially at events?

M-Hot Topic..one I wished I had a solid answer for. When the past team made it possible to multi-client, it opened the door for this and made this possible.

Dukiss - one scripts fishing every day never been caught, new illegal program put isr to control many accounts.

M-We can only get them for macroing at the moment, that's all we can prove, GMs have to do detect it.

Dukiss- Gm doesn't show or can't catch them ok next question, tokuno use dyes don't stack, thought they would.

M - All but the minors

Dukiss - yes did the 50 use ones?

M - We have that on our list to fix

Dukiss - Last question, does anyone thank you for the hard work you do?

M- not much! :)

Dukiss - Well thank you

M-Thank you

Kyronix-Thank you!

HellBoy - Good evening everyone, thank you for taking the time to meet with origin tonight.

M--greetings Hellboy

HB- sorry for being in my scibbies but I was setting off the metal detector for some reason. First question, what does the future of UO look like and what are the steps being taken to advertise to NEW players to join? In order for UO to survive Uo needs to bring in young players and make it fun!
M-have you noticed the ads we have been taken out lately on facebook?and the ones we just took out on youtube to advertise UO? We finally have some backing for marketing which is nice to have.
HB-Second question, VvV, I would like to know the reasoning for dropping the silver points earned whether you won the city or not? Because at this rate, earning enough to purchase a 10k point reward will take forever and a day.

Kyronix - This was a misstep on our part, in removing the ability to gain silver points via occupation, which essentially resulted in about 400 silver for just standing around.

HB-But what if you're the only guild occupying and no other guild comes.

Kyronix - we did not redistribute those points back into the goals of claiming an altar, getting a sigil or getting a kill. As of tomorrow those points will have been redistributed back into those tasks.

HB-so a work around be to create a guild to pvp our own toons.

Kyronix - so you'll get more silver points for altar, sigils and kills.

HB- I have one more if you're done with that one.

K-yes that was it

HB-last question, could you please bring back things like tokuno artifacts, cities under seige, etc. That was fun for all and might bring people back to the game.

K-have you been down to doom?

HB-yes, and love it.

K-we've got a treasures of doom event going on right now

K-it's a seasonal event yes but other treasures of...mechanics are active in the world like blackthorns dungeon and it's a popular system so you'll likely see it applied elsewhere.

HB-Thank you

M-thank you Hb

M-Greetings Storm

Bleak-hello

Storm -good evening

Kyronix-hello

Storm-Hope you are all well. I have a few questions from multi-shard and old players in the concern of crafting.

M-what are your concerns.

S-many of their list have been addressed so you're off the hook for them. The rewards for tailoring and smithing I understand you've made comments on a future change, players would like to see either a full change or a rotational change many find that the lower items are old.

M-we are aware it needs a makeover. When we tackle it we will redo the rewards.

S-to this end many were asking is it possible for stacking tools.

M-actually a very good suggestion was made to do a point system instead for BOD's, I thought it was a pretty good idea actually.

M - As far as stacking tools we will talk about that after vet rewards come out *Grins*

S-this would go far to keep many of our returning crafters. Now for the big question concerning bod books.
*waits to hear lightning*

M-should I go ahead and slay you now?

S-so many are complaining of the not yet please lol ok to put it in perspective tailor has full book of bods to work from book holds 500 bods to remove 1 bod they need to remove everything in their pack because the bod book is too heavy to hold. Can they be changed to the way pinks and blue books are now?

M-Storm sorry but umm...one sec..we are trying to understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that you have a full bod book and you can't take one bod out? If that's what you're saying that's not true,, and if it is then it's broken.

S-ok let me make it more clear, a book holds 500 bods that is a 124 item count to hold that book
M- yes I know, in your backpack?

S-your char must strip down all items on them to get 1 item out of the book.

M-are you talking about while they are in your backpack?

S-yes ma'am

M-ok we are not changing the weight of these books, the item count is what gets you for the backpack right? not the stones.

S-correct

M-that's not something that is going to be solved tonight unless we do it from locked down, we will look into that when we revise they system. thank you

Chaos- hail

M-good evening Chaos

C-I will try to make this quick, first of all thank you for all that you do

Bleak-hello and thank you

K-thanks for playing! :D

C-I have been critical of you guys on stratics, but overall you do a great job with the game.

M-we appreciate it

C-I love the new loot system

M- the compliment not being critical of us :p

K - What's your stratics handle, just curious? lol

C-But can you please take a look at how item properties are grouped?

M-do you have something specific?

C-things seem to be heavily weighted toward casters, and dexxor friendly pieces are rare?

M-believe it or not it's random, bleak can answer more specific.

Bleak-I will look up the specific chances but it is mostly random.

M-he can post those for you guys

Bleak-I can post a follow up on the boards

Chaos- also, less ugly hats! look at this thing on my head!

M-I hear ya!

Bleak-M get outta my head!

M-sorry Bleak! I just type faster!Anything else?

C-Thanks guys throw me out for the next guy.

Sugar Daddy-Greetings o powerful ones, I am unworthy to grovel before you!

M-greetings sugar

K-hello

Bleak-hi

M-how sweet

Sugar-my concern is simple, my brethren and I have found little respite in squabbling for towns. True thieves live wherever there is shadow. We wish to inquire if the dark lady would at her leisure look into the depths of her twisted and dark heart and find succor for us. Being resigned to second rate archeologist and preying on orc spawn does not suffice.

Kyronix- in our earnest hope that we might be able to channel our own shadowing selves, and transmute those very traits into a more robust and exciting professional exercise for one as slippery and evasive as thyself

M-As you see everyone has a dark side they like to show off now and then.

Sugar-yes and I for one try to keep men,, women honest by making them fear that darkness!

M-I am glad to have you on our side, thank you

Sugar-farewell

Andrew -Hail

K-Hello!

Andrew-good to see you all. I am happy to be meeting with you tonight.

M-as we are you

A-Although I have tagged around a few times in the past,, I was curious if there was an idea towards sea surveying of chance of other lands, possibly kingdoms

M-we have a lot of ideas in that direction, they are just not flushed out yet to be able to share them. But we want more sea creatures and adventures that involve water.

A-as a purveyor of life, I was wanting to say I would be honored of sometime in the future a few parties could be held at my castle in the general entrance area of the orc cave just outside of yew. And some of you occasionally attend *mischievous smile*

M-I am sure if you have food and beverages K and the team will come lol maybe even heckles, thank you for the invite.

LadySilverwolf-Hi it's me again

M-I see that lol

L-First question shard shields i have 5 total and I really only use 3 is there any thought on exchanging them for a different shard like on siege with the 7th anny stuff

M-no we are not going to change those

L-oh ok

M-if we start doing it for those we would have to for everything, not going down that slope, thank you for understanding

L-second question regarding dragon scales. I honestly think dragon armor should be more powerful then plate because dragons are friggin op especially greaters I was thinking maybe have it so I can enhance plate with scales? Cus as it is dragon armor=poop

M-I happen to agree with you, Bleak here does not.

L-and I know you did an update on it before but I don't think it's up to par with what we have.
M-we don't have any plans in the near future to update the armor again.

L-ok well my last question has to do with Ilsh and it's champ spawns. I understand risk vs. reward I do but I feel as though ilsh champs should have more worth to them because paragons are harder then the ones in fel despite being attack-able in fel, not more worth then fel but more then they do now all I get is a crappy pink if that.

M-We have not touched those champ spawns in ilsh in a very long time. So of course they are pretty much out of date to today's standards. WE have a lot on our plates and you guys want a lot of things done, we have to put everything in order it takes time and we have a small team.

HellBoy - Last Question..is is possible to get Powerscroll books made like the Scroll of Alacrity and Scroll of Transcendence Books?

M - If you're good, you might get them for Christmas *smiles* But only if you're good!

That concludes the Q&A for the evening, thank you all for coming out and thanks to the Devs and Mesanna for taking the time to come to Origin!

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
S-... The rewards for tailoring and smithing I understand you've made comments on a future change, players would like to see either a full change or a rotational change many find that the lower items are old.

M-we are aware it needs a makeover. When we tackle it we will redo the rewards.
Some suggestions for BOD rewards:
More things that are consumable rather than deco.
For instance items that will add a specific property on an item instead of having to use the imbuing skill.
Also items that remove properties like the Whetstone of Enervation.
i.e. things that crafters can actually use for crafting, rather than stretched hides and bear rugs (I have literally hundreds and hundreds of those.)

And as for BOD books, it is the item count that is troublesome. I made a suggestion about this in the suggestion thread. I don't know if the devs actually read that thread though, as none have ever responded there.