• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Meet and Greet on Legends

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not really worth going? Ill go head and respond for you.

Please choose one of the following responses:

1. No
2. We will look into that.
3. please email me
4. Please email me again since i ignored your first 5 emails
5. its working as intended

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Mesanna: Good night Legends
: [Crystal] Mesanna says: Good night Legends
Kyronix : Enjoy the Evening!
: [Crystal] Kyronix says: Enjoy the Evening!
Kyronix : *waves*
<15012345>Gargamel: thanks for coming
EM Artemis: *waves*
: [Crystal] EM Artemis says: *waves*
EM Thrixx: *waves*
: [Crystal] EM Thrixx says: *waves*

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've always wondered why they don't use the global chat for these. Would make it more accessible.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've always wondered why they don't use the global chat for these. Would make it more accessible.
Control, I imagine. I can just see global lighting up with 100 people bitchin and askin questions all at once

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And after throwing why elfes can't fly. I saw a movie where they can fly. And they Look more sexy than humans. And they can hear footsteps earlier than other races..

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does seem strange that all racial characters can’t train throwing

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And after throwing why elfes can't fly. I saw a movie where they can fly. And they Look more sexy than humans. And they can hear footsteps earlier than other races..
Sounds like you where watching something that comes on late at night

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so the real issues with the game is non stacking flax and small vase are not exceptional. GIVE ME STRENGTH

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so the real issues with the game is non stacking flax and small vase are not exceptional. GIVE ME STRENGTH
Same thing I say every time there's a meet and greet and this type of talk comes up: if you think there are more important issues, make sure you attend and voice your concerns, even if you get told the same thing (no, we're working on it, etc.)

You'll notice Drakelord is at every meeting asking for the banker, innkeeper etc at the Sonoma Mage Tower. Keep your questions respectful but don't let them forget about it.

Sorry for the double post, but I could find how to add another quote on my phone while editing the first.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same thing I say every time there's a meet and greet and this type of talk comes up: if you think there are more important issues, make sure you attend and voice your concerns, even if you get told the same thing (no, we're working on it, etc.)

You'll notice Drakelord is at every meeting asking for the banker, innkeeper etc at the Sonoma Mage Tower. Keep your questions respectful but don't let them forget about it.

Sorry for the double post, but I could find how to add another quote on my phone while editing the first.
Its a shame I do keep missing. But what I am SHOCKED at is that none of the issues that are spoken of here and the forum are forgotten for stupid pathetic comments about pixel crack and complete waste of time issues like stacking Flax, I mean REALLY???????

People gonna let Mesanna get away with breaking the Navrey holes?????? remember the outrage that caused that is now forgotten?

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This was the funniest part for me; talk about timing:

Damia: we recenty had a guild leader in my alliace die unexpectedly
: [Crystal] Damia says: we recenty had a guild leader in my alliace die unexpectedly
Mesanna: sorry to hear that
: [Crystal] Mesanna says: sorry to hear that
Damia: his mother wants to know who to contact to get his accounts to his guild
: [Crystal] Damia says: his mother wants to know who to contact to get his accounts to his guild
Damia: they are up for payment
: [Crystal] Damia says: they are up for payment
<11917793>Avatar: ..................... WWW. UL T I M A C O D E S .COM ....................................................
<11917793>Avatar: Selling Gold, Artifacts, Scrolls, Resources, Armor, Weapons and other items!

<11917793>Avatar: ..................................................................................................

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I once asked for a Navrey hole @jack flash uk for Sonoma, since ours took a walk off shard a long time ago. To have it placed at the our Sorcery tower, which is own by Broadsword not an individual player, and a place @Mesanna has been to in the past when she replaced our lost Stable master dragon, I was politely told no, but good try. The Tower was build in 2005 by the players of Sonoma donating all that the EM ask for, logs, stone, leather etc. A mong bat banker was placed for our banking needs, an undead Inn keeper to instant log out, a dragon stable master, a human mage and a human fisher. When we lost the banker traffic fell to zero at the tower. The Tower is over 15 years old. And it was only till recently that all its problems started. I am 69 yrs old and really cannot continue this fight anymore, specially when I ask and am told it was in the News letter but there nothing in the News letter that I was asking about.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its a shame I do keep missing. But what I am SHOCKED at is that none of the issues that are spoken of here and the forum are forgotten for stupid pathetic comments about pixel crack and complete waste of time issues like stacking Flax, I mean REALLY???????

People gonna let Mesanna get away with breaking the Navrey holes?????? remember the outrage that caused that is now forgotten?
Hmmm, stacking flax. Maybe that's where all the duped gold is coming from. They may be trying to make it easier to dupe it . . .

1592344253517.png

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While I think asking about flax stacking etc is a pretty big waste of a question (and fix), one of the biggest positives of UO is that it has tons of different avenues people can take and someone that enjoys creating flax is able to do so (personally I'd just buy what I needed and call it a day). Good for this person!

That said, I really wish meet & greets would provide more meaningful insight into what we can expect in the near future. Like what exactly is being worked on so that the invasion can't be turned off and another event turned on? Based on ToT and now the invasion it really seems like they simply flipped a switch for this content so a few hints as to what takes so many resources that a switch can't be turned on would satisfy me (spoiler alert - it's probably something to do with the biggest announcement to ever hit UO :cool: )

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Been thinking...
I believe that the quality of the questions asked at these meet and greets are directly related to the level of the responses we receive.

The questions asked are easy, mindless, trivial things (most times) because that's what we've come to expect from them. We won't receive a higher quality answer, so why make the effort to ask a high quality question?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They do seem to be mostly a waste of time
They Should go back to the five on Friday or what ever it was called

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have thought the player base would bombard Mesanna with the Navrey request at EVERY meet and greet, but I suspect the questions are heavily vetted before hand just like any other bullying dictatorship

But while people still but vcrap form the store, and participate in the woeful idoc changes etc, things will never change. We seem to forget the WE have the power, and without US Messanna has no job. One thing she should NEVER say to paying customers is "no". and certainly not without explanation.

Maybe someone could educate me, but does she actually own this game?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The questions aren't vetted at all. People simply click an object to get put in the queue to ask whatever they want, no matter how crazy.

Mesanna doesn't own UO, EA does. Broadsword, the company Mesanna works for, is contracted to run/maintain it.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love Kyronix's line "We had been researching other events to reactivate in their steed" Are you serious? LOL Thats just what this game needs, more outdated events.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Love Kyronix's line "We had been researching other events to reactivate in their steed" Are you serious? LOL Thats just what this game needs, more outdated events.
That is pretty funny. Like what really needs to be researched aside from "which event has been asked for the most"? Bane/Dreads/Khuldan/Rubble have been the top 4 events requested. Rubble would definitely need to be researched (personally I don't want another rubble event) but the others would essentially be just like what they did for ToT and Invasion (they quickly turned those events on/off).

This was likely just a PC answer to have people think they have been doing something the past few months aside from mowing the lawn and whatever other DIY projects they had around the house. How funny would THAT be?? "We were looking into another event to do... but I've been build a bar downstairs in my real house (not UO) and that thing has been a real time drain!)" :hahaha:

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"We were looking into another event to do... but I've been build a bar downstairs in my real house (not UO) and that thing has been a real time drain!)" :hahaha:
"I tried to place a bottle of vodka on the bar, but it wouldn't sit there, so I had to demolish that section of the bar, put the bottle on the floor and lock it down, raise it up above where the bar piece should be, rebuild that section of the bar and lower the bottle back down to sit on the bar surface."

It is fascinating to see how those are shocked by the responses... lol Since when do developers, especially UO, listen to the community? At times, sure, but generally it is the same automated responses or the "we've had a lot of requests for X," but is it true, or is it just them saying this to create a different perception. UO continuously declines each year, which is depressing and disgusting to those who have been committed and remain faithful to the game because it could be so much better... In my opinion. For example, us players are dependent on alternative web browsers to help/guide us. such as uoguide and uo-cah. In all honesty, who even uses what UO provides; UOWiki? Anyways, ya'll should just go with the flow!

PS, they don't care about the RMTing; otherwise, it would've been shut down YEARS ago. Pretty sad how private servers can shut it down and catch it faster, then the actual developers. lol

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PS, they don't care about the RMTing; otherwise, it would've been shut down YEARS ago. Pretty sad how private servers can shut it down and catch it faster, then the actual developers. lol
Oh they care. No way they don't get their share of kickbacks.

It is the very producer of UO that employed one of the biggest gold sellers to run the swag shop. Don't fool yourself thinking she doesn't know who AtlanticRealtor is.

For a fun exercise you can try calling those cheats out on the official forum, where they are subject of protection by the moderators. Your post will be gone within an hour and you will receive a warning stating they are fully aware but give every cheat a platform as long as he pays his account.

It is just that bad.

Oh they care. No way they don't get their share of kickbacks.

It is the very producer of UO that employed one of the biggest gold sellers to run the swag shop. Don't fool yourself thinking she doesn't know who AtlanticRealtor is. It is just that bad.
Don't forget the exploiting he endured as well. lol

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I know this is an old post
but do you still have a copy of this transcript?
I can't read it
can you tell me the month year? I may still have it, dun its in the title, I will look, found it check your mail

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Mesanna: Good evening Legends
Mesanna: Shall we begin

Kyronix : Hello!

Mesanna: Greetings Dawn

Dawn Sonoma: Greetings once more Mistress of Darkness and Death, of Light and Glory
Dawn Sonoma: Are thy Minions being good and well behaved?
Dawn Sonoma: I am going to touch base on a few request that I have asked before

Mesanna: but of course

Dawn Sonoma: A. Ships and quests. As you know we have the Serpent's Pillars to move ships
Dawn Sonoma: from the seas of Trammel and Felucca to the seas of the Lost Lands and back,
Dawn Sonoma: yet with the release of the Samurai Empire in 2004
Dawn Sonoma: there has been no way to move ships across seas to
Dawn Sonoma: Tokuno and back except to empty it, dry dock it,
Dawn Sonoma: recall/gate to new locations, put back in the water.
Dawn Sonoma: Would it be possible to see in the future something similar to the Serpent's Pillars?
Dawn Sonoma: Or allow that Character to have boats in Multi Facets, not just one facet only.

Mesanna: we answered that in the newsletter

Dawn Sonoma: k

Dawn Sonoma: B. Another thing is the Professional Bounty hunter Quest.
Dawn Sonoma: G.B. Bigglesby, who can be found in the Floating Emporium.
Dawn Sonoma: I once asked for an Annex on land for his quest as it takes forever to get
Dawn Sonoma: there to get the quest, where as the same quest for the Tokuno Islands facet
Dawn Sonoma: is a mere recall away.

Mesanna: we just answered this in the last meet and greet

Dawn Sonoma: k

Dawn Sonoma: C. Now I am here also to ask for the return of Lazarus the human fisher
Dawn Sonoma: and Reebon the undead mage innkeeper at the Tower of Sorcery on Sonoma.
Dawn Sonoma: Coors are 73o 7N 133o 15W right behind Encyclopedia Magicka (Trammel)

Dawn Sonoma: That is all I have and I like to thank you for your hard work
Dawn Sonoma: in giving us tons of fun daily.

Mesanna: Not going to replace those at this time

================

Mesanna: Good evening

Savoua Fair: Hi!

Savoua Fair: They wont go exceptional
Savoua Fair: but the larges can.
Savoua Fair: Muffins
Savoua Fair: took me awile
Savoua Fair: but i figured it out

Mesanna: whats that?

Savoua Fair: Muffin BoDs
Savoua Fair: >>>

Mesanna: we will look into this

Savoua Fair: ok

Mesanna: intersting this is the first time
Mesanna: anyone has brought this up

Savoua Fair: Ive been trying to get it out there

Mesanna: we have it written up

Savoua Fair: and evertime i failed to point to the exact one
Savoua Fair: now here it is

Mesanna: nice job =)

Savoua Fair: Housing ...
Savoua Fair: Are you going to mess with the 90 day period?

Mesanna: maybe
Mesanna: I would love to but there are no plans to
Mesanna: why do you ask

Savoua Fair: I will occationaly let outside this box cause a slip in payment
Savoua Fair: Dont want the vultures to decend on my decayed house

Mesanna: that is not anything we would do without alot of advanced notice

Savoua Fair: steller ty kindly

Mesanna: and warnings

=====================

Mesanna: welcome

gift: good evening

Mesanna: greetings

gift: two questions
gift: are invasions being turned off tomorrow?

Kyronix : Nope
Kyronix : We had been researching other events to reactivate in their steed

gift: nice
gift: oh there's going to be another one?!

Kyronix : But at this time we are trying to finish our plans for the current publish
Kyronix : And we weren't able to reactivate anything
Kyronix : So we'll be sticking with the Invasions

gift: xD
gift: next question
gift: was it intended when you repair with tinkering skill (maybe other crafting skills also) for the maximum durability to drop simultaneously?
gift: for example my ring was 48/251 durability and when I repaired it, it became 247/247

Mesanna: always a random chance based off of your skill

gift: I think when we repair with deeds it doesn't consume multiple maximum durabilities though

Mesanna: was it brittle?

gift: it was a antique ring

gift: if its happening with other crafting skills i would assume to brittle pieces too

Mesanna: one sec
Mesanna: do you mean powder or repair

gift: repair
gift: I used a tinker tool opened crafting window
gift: selected repair
gift: and used it on the ring
gift: i had gm tinkering

Mesanna: we will look into it

gift: great thanks!
gift: have a good night

Mesanna: if you have specific steps please send them to me
Mesanna: via email
Mesanna: thanks

==========================

Mesanna: Greetings

Vixen: evening
Vixen: quick question according to Kyronix luck in a group gets a bonus
Vixen: as well as in fel
Vixen: etc

Vixen: i have tried this in a max group and a group with six
Vixen: all people
Vixen: in luck suit
Vixen: the loot was awful
Vixen: any idea why

Kyronix : Which encounter are we talking about? Which loot? Luck behaves in several different ways, depending on the situation

Vixen: its was loot on a monsters corpse not looking for atries etc
Vixen: it was for the putrifer in fel in proxy lair
Vixen: so luck should of maxed out easy

Kyronix : You can check the wiki page on UO.com for the most detailed information about Luck

Vixen: i have and it does not seem to work
Vixen: i floowed your instructions kyronix

Kyronix : We would need to know the exact situation, makeup of the party to look at it more deeply
Kyronix : And what you are expecting to see

Vixen: how do i get these details
Vixen: to you

Kyronix : You can email [email protected]

Vixen: ok ill report it to you and appreciate any feedback

Kyronix : Thanks!

========================

zippo: its A honor to meet you!

Mesanna: You also

zippo: i have no questions
zippo: lol

Mesanna: *smiles*

Mesanna: ok

Mesanna: thanks

======================

Jack Sparrow: Greetings and welcome to Legend

Mesanna: Thank you
Mesanna: Nice Outfit

Jack Sparrow: thanks
Jack Sparrow: will we ever get Water tiles to go with the sand, snow & grass?
Jack Sparrow: my castle needs a moat

Mesanna: lol
Mesanna: we will talk about it

Jack Sparrow: do you take bribes?

Mesanna: there are a few issues to resolve before we could do that
Mesanna: no no bribes
Mesanna: lol sorry

Jack Sparrow: it doesn't matter to me if you can walk on them or not

Mesanna: if we are not going to do it right we should not do it at all
Mesanna: its possible

Jack Sparrow: great
Jack Sparrow: looking forward to them :)

Mesanna: I can not say when at this time

Jack Sparrow: Christmas is nice

Mesanna: icy though
Mesanna: =P

Jack Sparrow: :(
Jack Sparrow: i live in austrailia
Jack Sparrow: so warm there
Jack Sparrow: lol
Jack Sparrow: j/k

Mesanna: nice

Jack Sparrow: thanks for visiting us
Jack Sparrow: oh 1 more ?

Mesanna: thank you
Mesanna: yes?

Jack Sparrow: how long will this invsion last?
Jack Sparrow: *bows*

Mesanna: probably in July
Mesanna: no specific date right now

Jack Sparrow: ok thanks and will there be the Parade after?

Kyronix : No parade this time

Jack Sparrow: with the rewards for killing the titans?
Jack Sparrow: ok thanks
Jack Sparrow: *hic*

Jack Sparrow: good evening

================================

Mesanna: good evening

Old Lady: Evening
Old Lady: just one fast question

Mesanna: sure

Old Lady: can you PLEASE Please make it so flax stacks? i grow tons and takes me forever to put in chest

Mesanna: I thought we did, we will look into it again

Old Lady: and sugar
Old Lady: only stakes a few at a time
Old Lady: bag gets full of them

Mesanna: not sure we can stack sugar because of the way the dev put it in
Mesanna: we can look at it but we will see

Old Lady: ok ty

Mesanna: welcome

==========================

Mesanna: greetings

Sunlaira: Hello

Sunlaira: I have a couple of questions and a suggestion

Sunlaira: Have you ever thought about a Wardrobe. Like the jewelry boxes and seed box?
Sunlaira: I would pay good money for that

Mesanna: no we haven't

Sunlaira: Can you keep that in the back of your mind? Please???

Mesanna: hrm interesting idea
Mesanna: we can

Sunlaira: Ty

Sunlaira: Now
Sunlaira: about Shadow Wyrms
Sunlaira: any chance they can get a little love?
Sunlaira: Their resists suck
Sunlaira: how about like 800 points or something
Sunlaira: I mean a little love...

Mesanna: I doubt we will adjust that

Sunlaira: I'm guessing that's a no... awww
Sunlaira: ok last thing

Mesanna: pretty much yes

Sunlaira: dang!!!!

Mesanna: to many would have to be done

Sunlaira: Dread Mare event?
Sunlaira: Just a suggestion...

Mesanna: not bringing that one back either

Sunlaira: Thank you for hearing me out. Dang I suck at questions. Thanks

Mesanna: no you don't
Mesanna: they were original

=================================

Mesanna: Good evening

Damia: hi guys

Kyronix : Greetings!

Damia: thank you for coming
Damia: ok we still would like the Mesanna things to continue

Mesanna: excuse me

Damia: i know you said no
Damia: because of trolls

Mesanna: what Mesanna things?

Damia: the Mesanna roulette

Mesanna: oh oh the events
Mesanna: that I can do

Damia: oh good we would love that

Mesanna: the full blown events are out of control

Damia: now 2 questions

Mesanna: I know I will see what I can come up with

Damia: i would love to see a search feature on jewelry boxes

Mesanna: I would love to come up with something new though

Mesanna: I am sure you would

Damia: lol
Damia: and the other

Damia: we recenty had a guild leader in my alliace die unexpectedly

Mesanna: sorry to hear that

Damia: his mother wants to know who to contact to get his accounts to his guild
Damia: they are up for payment

Mesanna: does she have the info to the accounts?

Damia: I said I would ask

Mesanna: if so have her email support and me

Damia: i think she has the name but not the passwords
Damia: ok i will have her do that

Mesanna: that is going to be a problem
Mesanna: so make sure I am on it

Damia: i was afraid it would be

Mesanna: and we will see what we can do
Mesanna: but
Mesanna: we will only give the accounts to the family, what they do with it is up to them

Damia: right and that's just fine
Damia: I will have his mom email you and suport

Mesanna: we will do what we can to help

Damia: oh the want me to suggest you do a couple of weeks of all the past haloween events
Damia: a week of doom a week of kotl
Damia: a week or two of kahdoon
Damia: we really really enjoy your holiday events

Mesanna: you never know

Damia: and other than that that's it
Damia: except we love you guys so much
Damia: and we appreciate you
Damia: and all you do

Mesanna: we appreciate that

=================================

Luc: ok,Greeting ladies and gents
Luc: i was wondering if event recipes would be availabe another way?

Kyronix : Which recipes?

Luc: (if asked sorry)

Luc: whip,
Luc: a,yw
Luc: botherhood stuff

Luc: maybe bods or a quest

Kyronix : We have events planned where we will be reintroducing various rewards
Kyronix : So stay tuned!

Luc: ok ty :D
Luc: i think that is all

Mesanna: have a good evening

Luc: you too

===================

Mesanna: good evening

Jirel of Joiry: Wise Mesanna rule of Our Relam

Mesanna: *grins* yes?

Jirel of Joiry: I come before you to ask
Jirel of Joiry: That Humans and Elves be allowed to Learn Throwing and that Gargoyles be allowed to learn archery
Jirel of Joiry: I have so longed to build a Xena Warrior Princess cahr in UO

Mesanna: that can not happen each have their own special abilities

Jirel of Joiry: Human and Elves have special Abilities
Jirel of Joiry: But can learn each other skills
Jirel of Joiry: Humans can learn spellweaving
Jirel of Joiry: Elves can laern anything
Jirel of Joiry: I ask in the spirit of making all UO races equal

Mesanna: There are so many issues behind the 8 ball that makes this request impossible

Jirel of Joiry: Ohh Okay...Its a coding thing :)
Jirel of Joiry: I get it

Mesanna: yes

Mesanna: and art and many other things

Jirel of Joiry: Luc is working in IT now

Jirel of Joiry: So I am learning tons

Mesanna: lots of art to redo also
Mesanna: so good luck there

Jirel of Joiry: I can just give you a cost analysis
Jirel of Joiry: LOL

Mesanna: mine is done

Jirel of Joiry: Accounting is my thing

Mesanna: Is there anything else we can help you with this evening

Jirel of Joiry: That was all Thank you for you time :)

===============

Kyronix : Thank you Legends for the questions!

Mesanna: On behalf of the team think you for having us

Mesanna: and we hope everyone is staying sane and safe!

Mesanna: Good night Legends

Kyronix : Enjoy the Evening!

Kyronix : *waves*

EM Artemis: *waves*

EM Thrixx: *waves*