• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Medusa Peerless

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
E

Eyes of Origin

Was wondering if anyone on shard would like to get together and do this peerless some night? I got the keys earlier tonight and went in to see what she was like and let me tell ya, shes mean! lol She was spawning things like wailing banshees, dragons, undead gargoyles, orge lords, etc on me and another guildie and cloning ev's to attack us. Ev's did almost no damage even when she was discorded.
I'm not sure how many people it would take, but was thinking a few of us could go together.

Y

Yen Sid

Count me in.:thumbsup: You know I like to do a peerless every so often, especially when its a new one. Let me know when you plan on doing it.

:fight: We will take that Medusa down! :twak:<--- Me hitting Medusa upside the head.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in if you will have me. Could we get a replies from folks on available templates for the adventure. Do we know of any no-nos to bring?

M

Michael Wolf

I'm in, I have an Archer Mage that's decent support for a peerless, he can hang back to heal/res/cure while casting summons and still get some damage in with his bow when he's not busy casting.

E

Eyes of Origin

I'm not so sure about templates.. I do know that when we casted evs on her, she petrified them and casted clones of them that attacked us. Not sure if she just does that with ev's or if she would do that to pets also.

Only one way to find out really and thats by doing it.
Pan, if you wanna come be a trammy with the rest of us, you're more than welcome.. Multani can even come along if he wants :p no meeting required.

What do you guys think about tomorrow afternoon? around maybe 1pm central time?

Y

Yen Sid

Works for me. That will give me plenty of time to sleep in. :p (My only morning off of work. :drool:) But yeah, send me an ICQ at some point tomorrow and let me know who/what/where/when/how/why etc. etc. lol

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be at church until about 3ish. I have a very nice necro weaver mage, I'd like to get in a really nice focus. I was wondering about animated corpses and what effect petrification has on them.

3ish CST, just FYI.

M

Michael Wolf

So that's 1:00 PM Pacific time? I can make that. Where? When? How? and do we need any quests to get in?

I have an archer mage that I've found helpful with other peerless.
Suited up his skills are:
Arch 115
Mag 115
Med 115
Eval 110
Tact 110
Anat 97 and gaining to 115. Everything else is maxed, need scrolls if anyone feels generous. Anything higher than what you see above would be useful.

He does lack some in mana due to the need for dex for archery but is pretty good for backup with high archery and the ability to heal cure and res with high magery. If summons like EV's EL's and Demons don't work, fields should be helpful. I hope we get enough people, I found 8-10 can be very useful trying to figure out a new peerless's weaknesses.

Any suggestions on Slayers to bring for minions and the spawn on the way in? Slayers are very useful for archers.

E

Eyes of Origin

Considering she spawns so many different things I am not sure any slayers would work. =/ How about everyone who is interested meet at Luna bank around 3ish central time?
The only quest you need to have done is the one to get into the Underworld... after that its getting the keys... Getting keys can be easy if you have a snake charmer flute and can invis or hide.
You charm the snake to go down into a hole and it will pull out the egg(key) if there is one. There are 4 eggs that are needed. A yellow one, red one, blue one and a beige-ish one. Once you have the keys you sacrifice them on the alter, which will open a gate to the peerless.

Y

Yen Sid

Ok, I will see you at 3ish CST I will be bringing my mage.
120 Focus
120 Magery
115 Eval.
115 Med.
113 Spell Res. (Going to 115)
92 Spirit Speak (Going to 90)
85 Necro

I added the Necro/Spirit Speak for the time being because I had them on stones anyway and had extra skill points. I was thinking about Spellweaving or Inscription as a more permanent skill but haven't decided so what you see there is what I will have.

Have you heard from anyone else not on the forum about doing this w/ us? I don't know if 5 people will be enough but either way I am ready to :twak: Medusa right upside the head lol.

E

Eyes of Origin

Some people in the guild im in have shown interest in doing it as well. I was hoping to catch Crystal Canyon, Baciver, Gunner and Tatton, but havent seen them in game since making the post. If you see them though, feel free to let them know.

E

Eyes of Origin

lol I have to share this.. I was just listening to WWRAD (Whispering Rose Radio) and they played the old Abbott and Costello sketch, Whos on First? ... its been a long time since I've heard it, but it definately brightened my day a bit lol I would suggest anyone needing a classic dose of humor listen to it hehe a good laugh is always a good thing :)

M

Michael Wolf

"The only quest you need to have done is the one to get into the Underworld" Ok so where do I get that and what does it take to complete. I'd say I spent about 5 minutes poking around the new city and that's the extent of the SA content I've seen...

Y

Yen Sid

"The only quest you need to have done is the one to get into the Underworld" Ok so where do I get that and what does it take to complete. I'd say I spent about 5 minutes poking around the new city and that's the extent of the SA content I've seen...
You have to get three keys from the entrance to the Abyss. Its quite easy and should only take about 10 minutes. I will be around if you need help getting them.

E

Eyes of Origin

Pan are you leaving us? I've heard rumors about this, but you know how rumors are =/

Michael, I should be logging into game soon as well, if you still need help getting the keys to gain access to the underworld. I'll be running around on Sweet Dreams.

M

Michael Wolf

Crap, running late, be there in a few minutes but I haven't gotten keys yet

Y

Yen Sid

Any time now I guess, Morgaine is in Luna w/ me but afk it seems at the moment, Michael if you come to Luna I can help you get the keys

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Michael and yen finish his entrancxe quest, I need help wit ha weavers focus. I will pay for tickets if we do not already have 0 skills in position

E

Eyes of Origin

That was fun lol Thank you again Michael Wolf, Yen Sid, Viquire, Drago, Slayer and Ben Dover.
Still no dang 7th and 8th level Mysticism scrolls tho =/

Only thing I suggest is making Gargon glasses to avoid being petrified next time lol

M

Michael Wolf

That was fun, thanks! I may owe everyone an apology for starting to loot that thing, but when I saw a little over 6k gold i figured the game had split the loot already...

She wasn't too bad though, 7 of us handled her pretty well for going in blind. Thanks for inviting me.

MW

P.S. I may have learned a little about how to better use my character from trying to fight myself, after killing myself a few times I learned how I was beating myself... Does that even make sense???

E

Eyes of Origin

hehe I am not too worried about the loot thing. All I was hoping for was Mysticism scrolls and to kill her lol.

Y

Yen Sid

Indeed, it was a grand adventure to say the least. I had a good time. We should get together and do the Slasher, no keys needed, just go and kill it. And we should do a Stygian Dragon too. I am not sure how to get the keys on that one but could look it up easily enough.

E

Eyes of Origin

Could do that. I havent done the dragon yet. Slasher is best with archers and mages healing. It eats pets pretty quick from what I have seen.

We actually just did it and found a pretty easy way to kill him. Easier than running around with him chasing lol

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pan are you leaving us? I've heard rumors about this, but you know how rumors are =/

Michael, I should be logging into game soon as well, if you still need help getting the keys to gain access to the underworld. I'll be running around on Sweet Dreams.
No, in spite of the misinformation LoneMage and cleptis are feeding you we plan to be more active than ever in recent months. We are simply focusing on contributing in different avenues of the game.

E

Eyes of Origin

Actually you said you were moving out of your keep, so I assumed you were possibly leaving shard. My fault, no one elses :)

E

Eyes of Origin

ahh well, I dont keep tabs on who has houses where.. curious though.. did you go and place a house in the new lands outside Tel Mur? I'm not asking to be a smartass, just a curiousity question