• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Medusa , Evil Twin Spawn

Anubis1671

Visitor
Hello

So last night was my first attempt to solo Medusa. It was going well , got her to ½ life when my evil twin spawned. I started using whirlwind but it was doing almost no damage to it but was on Medusa. So I ran to the other side of the room to isolate it and kill it. It would not die. He had better healing and hitting me harder than I him. I tried to dispel it with the Chiv spell but it just made him go away and he just healed so I stopped doing that. After about 15 minutes I gave up and left the liar. It followed me out of the room. Got to the tree where you get rezzed and hit my ruin book and teleported to my house. The SOB followed me there too. After a couple of failed attempts I was able to port to Brit where another played helped and killed it in about 3 hits with his axe. Any tricks on killing it if it does spawn or making sure it does not spawn? I had gorgon lens on my helmet. Is it easier for someone else to kill your twin then yourself?

My template

Sword 120
Chiv 120
Bushido 120
Anantomy 105 (+10 from talisman) 115 total
Tactic 110 (+10 from ring) 120 total
Parry 60
Healing 85 ( +30 from ring and braclet , helps with curing all levels of poison ) 115 total

Thanks

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I always just make sure it does not turn from the statue to an evil twin. I have had pets copied to the evil form and they do take quite a bit to kill, but never my sampire.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When I had that happen, 4 or 5 momentum strike while attacking Medusa made the problem go away.

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It dies in either 1 or 2 hits from momentum strike. The trick is to keep Gorgon Lens' up so you never have to deal with it. If you keep them on your helm and gorget, you should never run out of charges and have one spawn, providing you are using the ones made from Medusa scales rather than standard scales?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Make sure you apply gorgon lenses to head piece, neck piece and earrings - with additional extras in your backpack. If you go through 50+ charges before you get her below 50% health, be prepared to have to apply some additional lenses later in the fight. Especially when doing this encounter solo, you will go through lots of charges and need to keep an eye on it.

I also suggest clearing out as much of the spawn as possible. The Undead gargoyles and dragons can be a real pain in the butt if you have to also avoid them while fighting Medusa and an evil twin.

Regarding template - I usually take my sampire, which has Necro for Vamp Form instead of Healing. That's just a matter of preference though, as you should be doing plenty of damage with Tactics, Anatomy, EOO and the right weapon.

Anubis1671

Visitor
Thanks for all the feedback. I have killed her 20 times after the post and took the advise of always having the gorgon lens (medusa scales) on , helmet and neck. Sometimes it stills spawn and I make sure I use EOO and it dies quick. Now if there was away to beat the most fearsome monster in the game I will be golden (lag and disconnect). Disconnected tonight and she had a silver of life left. I feel cheated. Oh well. By the way only 190 luck her loot sucks bad. Still hoping for a Slither drop though.