• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Medusa egg - higher chance using charming flute?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any difference in success rate getting an egg whether using a flute or by handpicking?

I was using melee warrior for the first time to get the eggs, and it really took a long time. I had more luck using flutes often..

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My completely unscientific, and probably baseless, opinion is that you get more eggs using the snake charming flutes. I seem to have better luck than hand picking. When I'm collecting, I invis near two or three snake holes and charm a couple snakes on each hole. You needn't be visible to use the flutes.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yah, I bet there is higher chance using the flutes. I just switched to the flutes and the eggs started popping up in no time!! 9 eggs in 10 minutes!!

U

Ultima Weapon

Just verifying here... using the flutes doesn't unhide you?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I haven't tried it with hiding. However, I can confirm that using flutes does not uninvis you.

A

Ally Oop

I stealth in blow on my little flute target the snake, any size will do, then target the hole all the time staying hidden. How does one hand pick an egg?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, using the flute does not unhide you.

To dig an egg, simply double-click on the nest.

What I also like about this is that, you cannot pick up a egg on the ground that was produced by someone else. Good implementation on anti-griefing.

Ankanna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are the eggs used for? I've not gone into the Medusa lair yet.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The eggs are keys for the Medusa peerless. Four eggs will allow you to enter the encounter.