• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Meditation and Mana Regen Armor

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Howdy, I have a noob question, but I was thinking about starting a mage character and was wondering if I have maximum mana regen armor on AND have 120 meditation, will they both stack, or does one cancel out the other? In other words, would it be worthwhile to have both, or is just having one enough?
Thank you.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Howdy, I have a noob question, but I was thinking about starting a mage character and was wondering if I have maximum mana regen armor on AND have 120 meditation, will they both stack, or does one cancel out the other? In other words, would it be worthwhile to have both, or is just having one enough?
Thank you.
A mage should really use med even with high MR. There are cases where mages don't use med, but if you're new to a mage you should use it. Make sure to get as much SDI as possible and use correct slayers. The difference between low sdi and high sdi (with a slayer) is crazy.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, thank you! I was wondering if there would be much of a difference if I had both, or if I only had one.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oh, another noob question..... is resist spells worthwhile when you can just eat an enchanted apple?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh, another noob question..... is resist spells worthwhile when you can just eat an enchanted apple?
Yes, it can resist lower level poisons and paralyze. So if your fighting multiple casters it saves you time. It's a great skill to work and put on a soulstone, it's handy on some higher end stuff (some champs and bosses).

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Resist spells is a handy skill, but I wouldn't stress too much about altering a template to make it fit. If you do go with resist, it seems people either go all the way with 120 (rarely) or settle with gm, anything less however isn't going to be worth the points.

Depending on how 'pure' you want this mage to be, you could go ahead and take focus to 120 along with mysticism. Mysticism would also largely negate any need for resist spells, as stone form gives you total poison immunity and cleansing winds is a very powerful heal that also cures poison and removes curses. Wont help with paralyze, but otherwise you'll have your bases covered.