• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

McDonald's and Wizard of Oz (Anyone work there?)

• Thread starter monnie101
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
M

monnie101

Anyone work at McDonald's? Do you think they would let me keep the Wizard of Oz promo poster or the display? They are probably just going to throw it away anyway. The display would be awesome! I want the poster to make a display out of. I bought the full set from Ebay because it would have been too difficult to go to enough McDonald's to find all the figures. Plus, they look at me funny when I ask them. I'm embarrassed to ask for the poster and it would have to be when they finish this promotion.

The current Happy Meal is: The Wizard of Oz figures by Madame Alexander

I've always loved both the movie and the L. Frank Baum books. It's that time of the year again (Oct & Nov) when they begin airing the movie often. Just like when TBS shows a 24 hour marathon of a Christmas Story. Which I keep the channel locked while on my computer.

Me and my 5yrs old niece went to McDonald's and they had Wizard of Oz Happy Meals! So we got 2! Strangely enough, you have to ask for a girls Happy Meal! The Wizard of Oz figures are a Madam Alexander creation. (A woman doll maker who lived from 1895-1990 who has created Wizard of Oz as Alice in Wonderland figures). I don't think these should Wizard of Oz ones should be termed by McDonalds as only for girls. They should just put up which ones they have, why can't a boy get the Tin Man or the Lion? At first I was just going to get one so that I could use the hair for one of my StopMotion Animation puppets/sculptures. But then I really liked them even though they are cheaply made but what do you expect for $3.33 Happy Meal. I got the winged monkey. Niece got the Good Witch Glinda.

F

Flora Green

I can't answer your question, but thanks for the info about the Happy Meal. My daughter will love those. :)

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I used to work at Mcdonalds they never let any employees keep any of that stuff. So I seriously doubt they would let a non worker get it.

M

monnie101

I wonder what they do with the displays then? I searched online and found last year's Ninja Turtles & Wizard of Oz 2007 versions, selling for $200. The auction ended with 3 denied offeres and never sold.

A

Atlantian

I think it depends which franchise you work for because my friend used to work there and what ever was left over at that store would let the employees have it.

M

monnie101

Yeah I bet you are right Aran. I'm sure someone wanted it for themselves or their kid. Looks like the promotion is over.

On the bright side, I went to Barnes & Noble, they had a "Wicked" and Wizard of Oz display with all things Oz! I was ready to go nuts and buy everything. They had An Oz version of Monopoly and The Game of Life! My 2 favorite board games!

A

Arch Magus

I never like the Game of Life, it just didn't seem like you had any control over anything that happened to you.

Monopoly, on the other hand, is the greatest game of all time!

Too bad no one I know ever wants to play with me, they hate how it takes too long.:sad4: