• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maybe mistake coming back?

L

lancelot99

Im recently back from break, and want to go hunting, maybe with a group or guild for fun to the new dungeon..

Sadly not possible, as all my equipment is so inferior... and even the basic half decent imubed item costs around 500,000 gold (looking around luna)!!!

Everyones running round with cloaks of death/power (which i now can't get), and super imbued weapons/armour ....

I tried to join 3 groups last night to check out the new dungeon but was refused as my suit isn't all 70's or no super imubed items - was told i wan't going to last long in the new dungeon, so best not join party .... (That was with my samurai and my tamer)

and the imubed items i can't get because i can't get to dungeon...

Maybe save up and visit RAA and buy a super imbued suit?
Or get someone to imbue me some items so i can join the fun?

Any Advice?

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Lancelot.

First of all i m surprised you have been told to stay away from hunt. Even if your suit isnt top gear you should still be able to participate in a party hunt...

As a tamer you dont need to extra/uber/top suit to be able to hunt as long as you have a greater dragon on your side :)

Visiting Raa shop appears to alwaysbe a good idea... I dont think you ll find an uber imbued suit for sale here although if you do it wont be that pricey... Still can use the board at left entrance of the shop to take contact with me... I m sure we can think of something to upgrade/change your actual suit....

Welcome back to Europa and talk to you soon

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To echo what was said about being a tamer, if you know how to handle the new aggro mechanisms, and can cast invisibility, you can run around stark staring naked and with a few bandages, and be as good as anyone!

The trick is that moving around or casting aggressively or taking damage will, until your pet has annoyed something enough, risk a creature re-targeting onto you. If you are stood perfectly still in the middle of your pets physical size though you can use veterinary, cast Heal/Cure etc to your hearts content. So if something targets you, run under your pet, cast invisibility, then start bandaging away... even though you may become visible again it'll always go for your pet and as long as you don't move or attack it too soon, will stay on it. The Greater Dragon is not only the most useful tanking pet, but it's enormous size makes it much easier to hide under too!

Regarding suits, frankly Luna prices are insane; you can get an incredibly competent suit, with all 70s resist and 100% Lower Reagent Cost for a few gems and magic residue / essence; any decent imbuer will be sitting on thousands of the stuff, the only real cost is the time taken to cross check all the figures; so if you catch me in game on Aron/Muffin etc and I see you shouting, I'll knock you up such a suit for nothing.

K

Kayne

Lancelot, its rubbish that you can't join a hunt - I regularly take my necro/tamer to big things and his suit barely reaches 60's, and is not imbued. If you've got near enough resists and the ability to command the pet you're fine.

L

lancelot99

Cheers for replies...

Just went out and tamed a GD, First attempt.... not bad :)

Well, i'm about quite a lot in the game (Off work due to medical reasons - hence why i re-joined the game)

My Tamer char's Feldegast, if you see him around...

Where is RAA shop?

K

Kayne

Lancelot you are lucky to tame in one go they are a pain. I still much prefer either the mare/beetle combo or the Cu Sidhe

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lancelot you are lucky to tame in one go they are a pain. I still much prefer either the mare/beetle combo or the Cu Sidhe
Mare/Beetle does more outright damage, it's true and is much better for medium level challenges... Mare/Bane Dragon is even better! Cu Sidhe is awesome for Succubi due to it's focus on Cold damage; But you can't beat the sheer tanking ability of a Greater for the nastiest monsters and EM events. Best to have a full roster of pets for all occasions... I'm working on 4 GM cows and a bull too :p

But anyway, do keep asking questions, and we'll all do our best to be helpful; alas it sounds like you ran into a few of our less supportive members, but Europa's a lovely shard so don't despair...!

K

Kayne

Lol Adol, how is the bovinebattler? :p

As I said i personally dont use my GD. Though I guess at least I have one.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you dont get hold of Lien, holler me and I can suit you up with something I am sure. I am on ICQ to and from, or just ask for me in general chat.

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you dont get hold of Lien, holler me and I can suit you up with something I am sure. I am on ICQ to and from, or just ask for me in general chat.
On saturday I made him an outfit for his sampire and helped him purchase a basic (all 70's, 30mi, 100 lrc) mage suit.

So he should be set for some action on that level. ;)

P

pgib

Forget about the ruffians you met in game (vampires probably) that told you all those bs and ask the lizard.

Make a call in general chat for PeStRePeLeR - the Lizardman - and i'll get your tamer geared and ready for a tour of the new world.