• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
... But why exactly didn't they do the major bug publish before EJ? Am I missing something? Wouldn't be better to showcase your game at it's best instead of one that has bugs going back to 2014! Would anyone have been upset had the release date for EJ been pushed a month later so they could initiate a bug spraying? I'm confused because it really seems like they did this backwards...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
EJ isn't out yet..the next publish will be the bug publish THEN EJ.....at least that's how I see it....maybe I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time lol

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EJ isn't out yet..the next publish will be the bug publish THEN EJ.....at least that's how I see it....maybe I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time lol
I really hope so. If not that would be really really silly.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Because the parent company here is EA it seems possible (likely?) that something as significant as a shift to a free to play is dictated above the Broadsword level.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty sure its EJ by the end of March, then the bug publish.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, Larisa, you're wrong :p

The publish order was pretty much laid out at the anniversary party. EJ, then probably 2 bug publishes (one of which would be heavy in EJ bug fixes), with a few options listed for the non-bug elements of follow-on publishes.

No, bug fixes before EJ would be EXTREMELY silly. EJ's going to break a lot of stuff, anyway. Why make fixes that are likely to be broken in the very next publish?

They'll actually be doing some bug fixes in the EJ publish, as part of the code changes.

And, do remember that it was EA that dictated that Kingdom Reborn be released at the end of June 2007, because the EA Japan division had committed to a shelf presence there for it and didn't want to lose face (despite every person on the programming and content level begging them not to do it because KR wasn't ready for limited external alpha testing, let alone the open beta they were forced into that May). EA corporate is not known for logical decisions, especially when it comes to short term vs. long term success.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where would we be without the charm of all those additional features and adventures - you call them bugs, I call them Easter Eggs! Twice as much fun for your monies!! Don't deprive new and returning players the joy of working them all out, lets keep it spoiler free here! *smiles*

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My problem is they are going to release EJ worldwide knowing it is going to be a roach motel. A little bit of QA and testing goes a long way.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My problem is they are going to release EJ worldwide knowing it is going to be a roach motel. A little bit of QA and testing goes a long way.
Don't worry ... there will be little QA or testing. That's SOP in this game.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where would we be without the charm of all those additional features and adventures - you call them bugs, I call them Easter Eggs! Twice as much fun for your monies!! Don't deprive new and returning players the joy of working them all out, lets keep it spoiler free here! *smiles*
Let’s see if you’re still smiling when one of those “Easter Eggs” costs you a maxed out pet disappearing or a valuable item that just goes *poof*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Let’s see if you’re still smiling when one of those “Easter Eggs” costs you a maxed out pet disappearing or a valuable item that just goes *poof*
Or you to be unable to get in to your mythic master account and your house to go into decay and fall before you can get back in to resub...

Or the top row of your chests to randomly unsecure and decay...

Or your new item to drop under your house and you page a GM to fetch it and they email you 3 days later...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Missing pets and stuff poofing is going on now.... why wait for EJ hahhaha
No if I hazard to guess it has to do with the population and EA's agreement of cash flow.... If you have not been on Atlantic during the day the shard is thin ... Luna is lucky for 10 people ... it almost reminds me of how Napa and the other shards looked like before the book rush to pull players to Atlantic...

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> bugs going back to 2014
( Thou art an optimist. There are bugs going back to day 1. Listen for people saying, "Oops I lost a spell icon when I tried to walk northwest." The right mouse button alone should be used for movement and for nothing else. )

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure it'd be UO if we didn't have that.... "I'm in trammel, no I'm in Fel, No Trammel, No Fel... " bug...

And to be truthful that bug also will go between Trammel and Tokuno as well... it's just a more subtle change where certain plants change you'll see tufts of grasses when it switches you to Tokuno...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure it'd be UO if we didn't have that.... "I'm in trammel, no I'm in Fel, No Trammel, No Fel... " bug...

And to be truthful that bug also will go between Trammel and Tokuno as well... it's just a more subtle change where certain plants change you'll see tufts of grasses when it switches you to Tokuno...
That is one bug I wish they would make a feature and put a toggle desolation on off switch in the settings.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I been doing a lot of S.O.S since Friday around 200+ almost ever time I cross a sever line I end up teleported in front one of my houses and it’s not under the sign it’s any where along the front of it usually one corner or the other I front

It’s kinda like the fel bug after bing in fel and teleporting around tram and find yours self back in fel or I’m I in tram again lol

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure nothing will go wrong when they turn each and every account back on for EJ and then try to sort out the continue paying accounts. Nah that won't be a nightmare at all.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been doing a lot of S.O.S since Friday around 200+ almost ever time I cross a sever line I end up teleported in front one of my houses and it’s not under the sign it’s any where along the front of it usually one corner or the other I front

It’s kinda like the fel bug after bing in fel and teleporting around tram and find yours self back in fel or I’m I in tram again lol
Sounds like something having to do with if you have a lighthouse placed in your home... just a guess. Curious if you do have one and you removed it, would this problem continue?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No light house placed

Did more sos today and happened 3 times today strange thing was it teleported me to my main house I haven’t been at for awhile

Usually I get teleported to the house I was last at when crossing sever lines