• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

May The Earth Enrich Your Being

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sitting on the steps of Connemara, Aedon sipped slowly from his coffee cup. His mind had been awash with many thoughts since the elections, and he searched for the right words to put down what his intentions were.

It was a relief to have the election over and done with. And the fact that Baron Arkon won and would serve as Governor in Yew had greatly set his mind at ease. He had long admired the calm demeanor of this man, and now with Calli at his side, and a new sense of community driving him, he felt confident that he had backed the right man.

It is hard they say to watch your children out grow their need for you and your guidance. But He had always figured that such an occurrence speaks to the care with which you have taught them. Much as a Child, Yew has been something He had watched over, and in many ways jealously guarded for years. He had sought to bring things to the town which would help move those who called the area home towards a brighter future. And in His two terms as governor did what He could to bring the docks which were now built to service Yew’s exporters.

But as each of the cities of the realm grow and move forward, a different sort of leader is needed He was of the old guard. He had served so many years within Aegis and under the Knights of Yew that His leadership for the longest time took on more the aspect of benevolent leader more than Governor of the people. It was far easier at the time to just tell them what must be done, and if they could not do so, find another with the ability.

But towns move faster now. And where Yew was once a rural setting, He could now see a buildup that spoke more to a growing city than quiet hamlet. And as town grows, so too must her leaders. Yew is standing now at the crossroads of new industry. And with well-planned out and negotiated trade deals, the people of the great North Forests could see a boon to their quality of life.

New schools, modern improvements to the Yew clinic, and perhaps store fronts that can bring to the people the chance to buy goods from as far away as Trinsic. The possibilities which face the Cities now are endless, and many deals that could spring from this could prove fruitful and propel Yew into the better life He had always imagined for her.

Arkon will be a good Governor. He can see what is needed and is ready and willing to take steps to set the feet of the citizens on the road to what lies on the horizon for them. He deserves not only gratitude for his service, but also the full measure of support. To this end, He had come to a conclusion.

Taking out a parchment and pen, Aedon wrote a notice. Calling John in from where he was working on the Celtic Tide, he asked that he post the notice on the board at the Abbey and also make copied for the Rest, Innis Free and several key buildings through Aegis. He watched as John disappeared into the night, and then standing, walked back inside.

Notice to the People of Aegis

My friends,

As Guardian of Aegis and Yew it has been my honor to serve you for so many years. But it is time that the city of Yew become one and serve one leader again.

Baron Arkon will be a good leader for our city, and I am confident that you will soon start to see the many plans and ideas he has for Greater Yew, Aegis, and all of the smaller Villages within the forests.

From this day forward, and for as long as his term of office extends I am stepping down form my post as Guardian of Aegis and placing the land I love into the more than capable hands of our new Governor. I urge you all to get to know him, to go to him with your concerns and ideas. And to offer as I do all such aid that you can to help make Yew a better place for us all to live.

Thank you for allowing me to stand with you for so many years. I still stand with you and always will. But now I do so as a citizen of The Forests, and friend to her people.

Is féidir linn go léir ag obair le chéile chun amárach níos fearr ná mar a bhí sé sa lá atá inniu. Go raibh an Domhan shaibhriú do bheith.).

(May we all work together to make tomorrow better than it was today. May the Earth enrich your being.)

Aedon Durreah

Citizen of Yew

Baron Arkon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arkon read over the notice as he sat behind the Governors desk. The man understood Aedons actions for wanting to step away, and respected them as such. However, he had a few words he wished to add to the old mans notice.

With bone clad fingers he began a second parchment which would hang along side The Guardian of Aegis' own.

"All declarations, placements and responsibilities provided to others, via previous Governors are null and void, new proclamations will be put into place from this point, if you have a position granted by a previous governor, bring it to me and we will discuss re-establishing it."

"All lands of Aegis will be returned to their rightful boundaries, in consideration of those citizens whom live within the Village of Aegis - though Aegis, Yew and the Northern Forest are to become one, under one law. I, Baron Arkon Rylarth, as Governor will Govern the land as need be, and the laws of one will be the laws of the other. Aedon and all others that hold titles within Aegis are recognized within the City proper. Lord Aedon, though may be temporarily stepping down as Guardian, will be declared an advisor to the Governor, in lieu of the Village of Aegis and its people."

"The City and Northern Forest of Yew are considered Neutral Territory, under the control of the Governor of Yew and a sanctuary for any and all way-ward travelers that may need to lay their head, the troubles outside of Yew have no effect on the Sanctuary within the confines of Yew, Aegis and the surrounding Yew Forest. Within Northern Forest, only The Royal Guard, Town Guard, Knights Of Yew only and Those dutifully appointed by the Governor may enforce the laws of the land, and arrest or punish those in the wrong."

"Those of other cities or loyalties, outside of those depicted directly by the King himself, who attempt to enforce the will of another city or loyalty within the confines of the Northern Forest will face the judgement of the Court of Truth."

"Outside the King, and the Ruling Council of Governors, the City of Yew answers for itself and shall hold frequent Town Councils of loyal citizens who wish to take part in or introduce new events, and helping to advise the governor in times of need, getting the voice of the people heard."

Baron Arkon
Governor of Yew