• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Maximum number of lines in a macro?

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to make a macro for my tamer that uses area peace, casts invisibility on myself, then waits for 2 minutes and does the same thing again.

Naturally it would look something like this:
Peacemaking - target self
Invisibility - target self
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
Peacemaking - target self
Invisibility - target self
Delay - 10 seconds
Delay - 10 seconds
and so on...

Now, I'm too lazy to do this ingame and would rather edit my userfile where I can use copy & paste. The question is now: how many lines are allowed inside one single macro?

I don't want to break something or violate the ToS or such.

F

Fink

Not sure how many lines are permitted but I haven't hit the maximum yet and I have some very long macros.

I think it's silly or at the least untidy that the longest macro delay is ten seconds when some common systems in the game have a delay of twelve seconds. I'm not sure what the purpose of this limit is when an unattended character will timeout within minutes. Anyhow in your instance I see no real need not to have only one iteration of the actions, then use the Repeat x 10 feature. You'll have 20 minutes' macro there, which is far longer than the timeout period.

Alternatively you can copy/paste the macro sequence 10 times in your character's file, it shouldn't cause any problems. The advantage to this way is you can add a "macro finished" action at the end, such as a console message, or ringing a holiday bell, or using a fireworks wand, or something; whatever will stand out for you. There's no real harm in pasting the macro as many times as you need it. If it doesn't work, try fewer repeats. Just remember to backup the file before messing with it.

Finally, there's no harm in a long macro as long as you're attended.