• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Math for Weighting

S

Sevin0oo0

I'm just learning Imbuing, and having a problem w/ the numbers.

I was looking to see how much I could juggle around on a weapon, beforehand, to decide how much of what I could have, and how much I'd have to settle for.
Knowing I only had x-amt of weight points to use (400-450max)
As I increased each %, I watched the weight increase, I didn't know if it was linear, so I made a chart. [ex. if i wanted DI40%, it'd cost 80 weight]

DI <1.0> 2wt per1% (from 1-50%)
HCA <1.0> 2wt per1% (from 1-50%)
HSL <1.0> 2.0wt per 1% (2-50%)
HLD <1.3> 1.25wt per1%(from 2-8%) THEN 1.3wt per 1% (from 10-50%)
HML/HLL <1.1> varies1.733-2.00wt per1% (from 2-62%)

Works well (Simple), Except for those bottom two, Especially the last one

Questions:
Why does HLD have one rate at 2-8%, then changes from 10% on?
Why is the bottom one all over the place?
Why is my math all screwy?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The max imbue-able value for some props depends on base weapon speed and on SSI amount.

S

Sevin0oo0

I knew I wouldn't make it clear, it is when your sitting here and I can point to it w/ a pencil.
I had an exceptional radiant scimitar (DI=36), no other mods, so 202= tw

examples using above numbers and the 202 min wt:
DI: if i want 05%, then 2wt X 05=10; 202+10=212 tw.
DI: if i want 40%, then 2wt X 40=80; 202+80=282 tw.
Ditto for Hit Area or HSL - they use the same multiplier from min intensity to max

HLD: if i want 04%, then 1.25 wt X 04=05; 202+05=207 tw
HLD: if i want 08%, then 1.25 wt X 08=10; 202+10=212 tw
HLD: if i want 10%, then 1.30 wt X 10=13; 202+13=215 tw
HLD: if i want 40%, then 1.30 wt X 40=52; 202+52=254 tw
Notice there are 2 'ranges' and 2 multipliers; same multiplier used anywhere in its range.

Now, HML/HLL is all the place
% - tw - Multiplier
02-206-2.00
05-210-1.600
07-215-1.857
10-219-1.700
12-224-1.833
15-228-1.733
17-232-1.764
20-237-1.750
22-241-1.772
25-246-1.760
27-250-1.777
30-254-1.733
32-259-1.781
35-263-1.742
37-268-1.783
40-272-1.750
42-276-1.761
45-281-1.755
47-285-1.765
50-290-1.760
52-294-1.769
55-298-1.745
57-303-1.771
60-307-1.750
62-312-1.774

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused by your data. The radiant scimitar with 36% DI and no other mods has a total weight of 72 total weight. Are you saying it has 202 total weight? A weight above 72 with DI 36 means there are other properties. There is something there with a weight of 1.3 and is at 100% of max. Check for either super slayer, HCI 15, or HLD 50% on that weapon.

I put HLD in my spreadsheet and watched the imbuing gump change. It follows exactly as predicted except it uses whole numbers and truncates the decimal.

The HML/HSL are weapon speed dependant so I always do them last. They follow predicted if you don't add SSI.

I think you can do trunc(intensity*weight*100/max) and they will come out right. The only odd ball I remember was velocity.

-Lorax

S

Sevin0oo0

oops, sorry, the 202 was w/ a super slayer on it too. i'll go recheck, sorry, i said I was new to this

S

Sevin0oo0

Think I got it, maybe:
There is no common numerical relationship of the "New Value:x%" to total added property weight.
Nor any common relationship of the 'New Value' and Intensity%
It is the Intensity % and Weighting factor alone that determine total property weight.
There are no simple ways for the layman to figure this - use a spreadsheet or online calc, (like knuckleheads) is as simple as it gets

a Big Thanks for helping me, I really appreciate it, I thought it'd be simpler. Also didn't know HML/HSL changed per weapon speed, ug. This is making me think too hard.
For a simpleton, is there a general order that can be followed for a dexxer, like
use relics first
HML/HSL last

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes that is basically it.

1. Make item
2. Enhance if desired
3. POF
4. Imbue relics first. Imbue the highest intensity relic property first then the next lower, etc
5. Imbue next most expensive resource cost or if you have the least of a praticular gem do that one next
6. Enhance if desired and if you didn't in step 2

I'm confused by what you mean by "...no common numerical relationship..." The (new value)/(max intensity)*weight*100 = Intensity. The total property weight is the summation of the intensities for all properties added to the item. Maybe I confused you in my earlier equation.

-Lorax

S

Sevin0oo0

What I meant by common relationship was I thought (or was hoping) there would be less steps than what you posted
<< (intensity*weight*100/max >>, something i could do easily in my head.

Say if someone wanted a certain percentage of something to show on the finished item, multiply the number of percent wanted by a fixed number. Stop, move to next wanted. But, the weighting changes from one thing to another(ie 1.0, 1.1,1.3, etc), even within the same group it changes. Simply trying to remember what's what is too tough. Plus, and Using leech as an example, 10%(final leech) is not 10 intensity, the 10(leech) means nothing, more to remember.

Then, there's the reason behind doing HML/HSL(wouldn't this be HLL instead of HSL?) last. Which (I suspect) is related to the max leech formula, which are more charts to remember.
Max. Hit Mana Leech = (base weapon Speed*2500)/(100+SSI)
I guessing by that formula that you could put more leech on a weapon than you could actually get? That's nuts, and quite a waste.

For people that don't have excel sheets, the online calculator, formulas, and chart tables (uoguide), it's probably extremely hard, and frustrating - considering it's a Game, and supposed to be Fun (which is another thread in itself). Not saying it can't be done, just not be very efficient, providing the best bang for their buck.

The only reason it's doable as it is, is because of people like you, and others, sharing the hard work you've done

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get'cha now. After awhile you will be able to do it in your head and also you can look at loot without any calculator and identify higher intensity loot to keep. Imbuing will help teach you how to identify good loot. Once you make a bunch of suits and weapons it will all get easier.

They could have made it simpler by imbuing rainbow colors like red is max, orange next lower, etc. or groups of possible combinations of high/low weight properties. The current method is more flexible to creativity. I kind of like doing math though and think all of it is fun. It's kind of a puzzle to figure out for instance you have superslayer on the weapon when it wasn't identified. Ultima has always included puzzles.

I do understand though that UO is complicated and even knowing what to add on a weapon to fit in the properties needed can be complex. There was a history to the HSL and HML changing based on swing speed and it wasn't like that when the release was first introduced. They were all the same as HLL, but then they leached too high and they tweaked to the formula you posted.

If someone came up with a nifty way to simplify the whole method the devs would be all ears. My bet is they didn't have a better idea in the allocated amount of development time to release and wanted to keep maximum flexibility.

-Lorax