• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Material to Craft Weapons for Imbuing

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm crafting items using dull copper hammers with my legendary smith and passing them off to a friend who is a legendary artificer to imbue further. I'm keeping all of the SSI weapons to avoid using relic frags. My friend is adding HML, HSL, and either slayer or HLA property.

To maximize durability and reduce the amount of POF I use getting the weapons to 255/255 before imbuing, should I be crafting the weapons in dull copper now that the change with imbuing went live? Will dull copper affect the number or intensity of mods I can have my friend add to the weapon compared to normal iron?

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dull Copper is going add a Lower Requirements - which will use up one of your imbuing slots.

Q

M

Mark Knotts

Shadow Iron is the only metal that adds durability and only durability (+50 dura... dull adds +100 and 50% lower requirements) on weapons thus not using up a mod like Dull Copper. It does split the damage but I don't think many care so much about that.

I didn't do extensive testing but it felt like I couldn't break 108 on some newer weapons (rolled it like 10 times on a diamond mace) but something like a broadsword hit up into the 170 - 180's which can really decrease your total PoF use (not that broadswords are so viable these days, sadly)

http://www.uoguide.com/Ingot

Hope that helps!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So the magical damage doesn't count as a mod?

I'm making primarily diamond maces and, radiant scimitars. Both seem to have roughly 72 standard durability.

Thanks for the help guys. I started my imbuing training after the last publish. Hopefully I can start doing my own imbues soon.

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Cazzador

I finished my Imbuer finally a couple days ago, took me about 3 weeks and it was painfull to my wrist. But now im Hunting and collecting loot to enhance to get relics. I'm thinking doing Val enhancing well see how it works.