• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Mastery songs

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok so im at 120 music, discord, and provocation and did the mastery quest for Provocation. Have an Ok suit with 40 lmc 100 lrc and 6 MR. Everything i read says i should have more then enough MR to keep those 2 songs going for a few mins easy, but that does not seam to be the case.

UO Stratics *New* | Bard Mastery
Shows the upkeep cost for my songs as 4/5 but when i open the song book in game it shows 5/6 and the only thing showing lmc has an effect is the starting cost of the songs. Is this info wrong or is it something to do with playing on Siege Perilous?

Im getting a new suit togeather with as much MR as i can fight into it along with lrc and lmc so that will not leave any room for extra mana or anything.

Any help would be great thanks all for your time.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The books may not have been updated from the last mana cost update to 4/5.
Your mana cost on a 4x 120 (Actual skill) bard would be 2/3 before lmc. Which should drop it down to 1/2 or 3 mana every 2 seconds. (off the top of my head I believe that UO rounds down integers.) so if you have 120 mana it should last you about a minute with both in effect if its just you. (90 mana @ 3 mana per round is about 30 rounds. 1 round = 2 seconds.) Since you have to factor the cast cost.

I believe someone posted the Mana regen formula, but 6 MR with no Focus, or Med, wont do you much good. Doubly so if you have low Int as well.
Mana regen isnt like HP regen so its not nice and linear where 6 MR = 6 mana every 10 seconds.

Adding Focus, or Med typically are necessary for indefinite sustainment. Otherwise you typically would run one of them and kick the other in when you need it rather than having them both running indefinitely.

(And I'm guessing LRC is for your magery, since bard songs dont use regs. Mystic Bard does provide some nice capabilities, since you get the full bang for mysticism, and focus helps your spellsong upkeep)

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Logrus, is it wrong that when i read your posts i feel dirty? the good kinda dirty that you usually need to pay for?

hahahhaha,

ya, i totally agree with what Brother Logrus has said.
ya need to have a little med on your bard.
i stoned off my eval on ALL my bards and picked up 110 or higher med on each.
that coupled with my 40 LMC suits and MR and 125 INT and i have no problem keeping up the songs with passive med.
even dropping EV and mind blast bombs my med shoots back up.

so ya, your gonna need some med on that template.
and high INT.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so with 100 INT and 6 MR with no med or focus your regen is like 0.9 per second.
and the song is taking like 4/5 or 2/3 depending on if you have 3 or 4 of the bard skills to 120.

now if you add 110 med onto that you are now at a passive rate of 3.0.

now, your on siege, so if your making cheap knock off suits your only putting 1 MR on per piece, so thats 6 MR, 1 per peice, ya?
so ya, your gonna need med for sure.

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
MY int is at 125, so my book is wrong? As for skills music/disco/provo are all 120 real skill. rest are in taming 89 (115) lore 89 (115) vet 100, magery at 65 (100) Skills in () are with items ring/watch/magery book so even if i drop the seeds on 12 MR ill still need med/focus in the long run or only keep 1 song up at a time.

Thanks for the info Ill play around with the numbers and see what i want to do, maybe drop taming stuff and pick up mystic/focus though getting a 120 mystic on SP is going to be hard to get.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh your doing a disco tamer.

ya, hard as hell to run a mastery on a disco tamer.
on production shards i run with 0 med or focus and a +30 MR suit and 40 LMC and i dont drop the spells much if at all.

my PURE bard i use them none stop.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reforged a dagger and shield for an extra 10 mana regen. (6 on dagger 4 on shield). Only the shield is SC, so I have a macro that picks up the dagger when I cast the mastery. I have 12 on my suit and a mana phasing orb as my talisman. 40 LMC too of course.

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yea I did the bard tamer as I could not find a mystic scroll over 110 on SP to remake the bard mystic I ran on Baja. I'll just have to see what I can move around or what not, don't think getting a reforged weapon or shield would really work on SP in less they don't cost a lot to replace. Thanks again for your time everyone!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
roll into shame and get some throwaway MR stuff

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like Peace master songs for the damage reduction and regens with lots of other goodies.

Combine that with a stripped down thrower template? Its definitely an improvement vs the old Peace archer template.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh your doing a disco tamer.

ya, hard as hell to run a mastery on a disco tamer....my PURE bard i use them none stop.
Hey Poo ! What's your "Pure Bard's" template?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
120 music, peace, provo and disco.
then as high magic and med as i can cheaply get scrolls for.
usually 115-120

nice 70 suit with 100 LRC and 40 LMC and as much MR as i can cram onto it.
a pair of Volloms, just cause i can.

GM instruments, cause im cheap.
and a set of flutes of renewal in case something irritates me and resists my disco more then 5 times.

im very plain and old school when it comes to my bards.

and ive been running the peace mastery of late when just playing.
the MR/SR/HPR is nice.
but when i am using summons of my Volloms i switch over to the Provo one.
and if im backing up guild mates on sampires or pets i usually switch over to the disco one.

i do have a couple mystic bards, but i already had 99% of my bards done before SA came out and didnt feel like switching a good thing.