• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mastery question

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the mastery's require that all people be in my "party" in order for the mastery spell to help them?

:eek:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes they do or be a pet
Thx Storm.... I'm trying to be the most "help" (as a 4x 120 Bard) that I can for my friend (a tamer) and her GD, when her GD is fighting the Unbound Elementals in Shame.

Which of the masteries would help her GD the most in this fight?

Thx in advance

;)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I like to run the provo masteries with my pets

inspire will raise damage by up to 40% ,sdi up to 15% ,and hci 15%
this is for pets yourself and for your friend so any spells cast are raised 15%
hci is raised for any physical attacks
di also

invigorate
Party Hit Points increased by up to 20, Party healed for 7-16 dmg every 4 seconds.
(Provocation Based). Party Strength, Dex, Int, Increased by Up to 8.

so both of these can help your whole party but keep in mind this is up to max so if you or friends/pets are at max hci for example then no benifit

so i disco and run one or both provo masteries

my next choice is usually peace masteries

Poison resistance increase(not the stat), Mortal, Bleed, Curse effect Durations decreased,
Hp regen bonus 2-22, mana regen bonus 2-22, stamina regen bonus 2-22.

Party Defense Chance increased by up to 30%, Damage reduced by up to 16%. Casting focus bonus 1-30%.

now disco masteries can help if you can keep them up adding a lot to the damage being done

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just want to ad invigorate and inspire work very well with multiple pets

for example my mares/banes who cast and do physical damage plus it heals all of them at same time for 7-16

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
one more thing to note if I am provoing things onto the target I dont disco them until the target is almost dead! this keeps them stronger while killing foe faster and letting them survive longer

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Storm, thank you so much for your wonderful, in-depth response. People like you are the reason I continue paying Mythic $56/mth to remain a part of the UO community.... UO would NOT exist - if it weren't for the Stratics community, and the people like you and Petra and Poo and the rest who take the time to give more than a cursory response.

I will study all your recommendations and learn from them...

One last thing.... Could you please narrow your recommendation for a single tamer and her GD fighting the Unbound Energy Vortex's in Shame. I don't have a sampire and the GD is the best weapon I have at this time... Which mastery would you run in this particular situation?

Thx again..

:thumbsup:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the provo one.

the increase in HCI/SDI and DI are nice for the GD.

disco the UEV and then send in the dragon.

the only time the running the Provo masteries dont benifit you much are when you are in a party with warriors.
and thats cause most warriors this day are allready at the cap for HCI and DI so you would be just wasting mana on them.

what i do in shame.
i have 3 computers side by side.
so if im feeling zippy ill take my disco tamer with a GD.
disco the UEV and put the GD on it.
then on computer #2 ill have my pure bard with 2 vollems.
provo mastery up, send in the vollems.
then 3rd comp is the warrior/macer.
in he goes swinging his waffle bat.
(sorry, i should say i try to have the warrior fire off Honor first on the UEV)

so im wasting the added mana from my pure bard on my warrior but its a pay off, cause he can out damage the GD.
so they go down faster.

the only change up ill do if anything is put the warrior as the shield and instead of a GD ill bring in a Rune Beetle/mare combo so the beetle can hit the UEV with his armor corruption.

ive run the peace mastery before and i found the provo ones did a bit more for my party.

Poo

Z

Zero Day

Correction for Storm:

Peace Masteries @ 120 Skill
Preservance
DCI/Damage Reduction 24% (30% with 120 Disco and 120 Provo)
Casting Focus 4% (6% with 120 Disco/Provo)
Resilience
16 to all regens (22 with 120 Disco and 120 Provo)

Provocation Masteries @120 Skill
Invigorate
+ 8 to All Stats (14 with 120 Disco/Peace)
7-16 (12-20 Damage with 120 Disco/Peace)

Inspire
16 HCI/SDI (22 with 120 Disco/Peace)
40 Damage Increase( 64 With 120 Disco/Peace)
10% Damage Increase to All damage ( 16% with 120 Disco/Peace This is like a slayer bonus effect )

--------------------------------------
As to which would help the GD more, The provo ones would increase the damage output and do some minor healing. The peace ones would also help because the GD will be taking less damage and so its easier to heal, but they'd also be giving it alot of mana and stamina regen so it will always be attacking as fast as possible and still casting spells.
I don't know if anyone has done a prolonged side by side dps evaluation, but I think in prolonged fights the mana and stamina regen probably prevent the difference from being hugely different.

-> Since you can switch on the fly now, you may want to test them both out and see which works.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hmmmm

or...... get 2 bard tamers.
one with provo mastery and one with peace mastery.

run them both?

hmmmm?

hmmmmmmm!

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the provo one.

the increase in HCI/SDI and DI are nice for the GD.
Thx Poo for the great advice.... I got my bard and looked around for a couple of hours and FINALLY found my 2 Vollems in a Crystal that I've had for quite some time and just didn't realize exactly why I got them in the first place.... Now I know....

So I took them out and had my miner pull up a Shadow Elemental in an outoftheway cave and got to work training them... Taking your advice on using the Provo mastery's, I got a great chance to see exactly what each Mastery does in a fight that is no danger for any of us...

Now, I have a question: Regarding Invigorate. I can see (by mouseover on the buff icon) that it gives a +26 HPI, +14 in Str/Dex/Int. But here's what I don't understand: When it's running, I hardly ever need to heal the 2 Vollems ! How exactly does adding HPI and the increase in Str/Dex/Int manage to actually HEAL them... I can see it doing that...

How does this work?
:bowdown:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
invigorate also heals for 7-16 hp every 4 seconds thats why I said i love it with multiple pets

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
invigorate also heals for 7-16 hp every 4 seconds thats why I said i love it with multiple pets
Thx Storm, I should have looked closer at the Wiki (how embarrasing)...

Does Inspire (the HCI/SDI/DI and Bonus Damage Mod) also apply to pets?
*** crosses fingers ***

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes it does
Oh you've made me soooo happy!

Here's one: If I have 2 Bards, will their Mastery's be combined? Like, will their combined invigorate heal for 14-32 hp every 4 seconds?

*** crosses fingers once again ***

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
no you cant combine LIKE mastery's but a bard using a different one will have effect I believe at least it did when i tried it on tc have not done it on regular shard but it should

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no you cant combine LIKE mastery's but a bard using a different one will have effect I believe at least it did when i tried it on tc have not done it on regular shard but it should
Oh shoot.... Ok, thx Storm... But I do have 2 Bards that have all the Mastery's and Soul Stones... Gonna put Disco/Music on my Tamer and have her run the Disco Mastery while my main Bard runs the Provo ones...

:)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, changed my mind... Gonna put Peace on the Tamer and run Resilience for the MR for the Bard!

What do you think?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
thats what i would do and disco the critters also

Coalminer22

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Sorry for reviving an old post, but I have an issue with the peace mastery

Using Peace on my Tamer running the mastery for HP/Stam/Mana regan( hoping to speed up the pets attacks) and watched a cu and greater dragon continue to get poisoned over and over.
So at first I thought the increase poison resist wasn't strong enough, then I saw one of the tamers I was with ( party and guild ) get poisoned and instant message *you are/feel resilient to the poison* or something close to that. Our group stayed at that spawn for couple more hours, and same thing all the people resisted poison and none of the pets did ( no vamps and no orange petals )

So then I thought if all the party members get the peace bonus, regan + poison, and the pets don't get the poison increase -- anyone know what is up with that? an undocumented bug? or something else I missed?

probably time to lore the pets and double check their mana and stamina regan works, maybe the devs just missed the poison increase, ( my Cu is about 5 years old if this might be a pre-patch issue???)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i recall reading something about that way back when they put the masteries in

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pets get the bonuses as well, they should be getting the poison resists effect too.
The effect itself is factored by bard skill and poison level, so the higher the bard skill the better the chance to resist the poison each tick, the higher the poison level, the lower the chance to resist the poison. Additionally it is a chance to resist the poison not a guarantee. It works the same way as having the poisoning skill, though the skill may provide a higher resist chance. You could just have gotten a couple of bad rolls.

I would recommend testing it to be sure and then posting it as a bug submission if the tests show it not taking effect. Lesser poison on a gaman or something like that should provide an adequate test.
Usually in a case where you see multiple resist message as soon as the target is poisoned, it means the poison level was much lower than the poison resistance being applied.

Last edited:

Coalminer22

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I noticed this at Navrey Night-Eyes - original I thought her poison was to high for the increase resistance to have an effect, but I noticed the players resisted it every time.

As far as bard range - I was close enough to band-aid over 90% of the time

my bard skill 120music/120(117) peace

-- Logrus I like your idea of doing some other testing

maybe the poison armor has modifier on resist poison as well, but this whole thing was really weird

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that puts your resistance level at Normal Poison.
That extra 3 in peace will get you to Greater poison resistance.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a few minutes so I tested poison on pets.
Its working, but its not giving a message that the pets are resisting the poison.
For my testing I poisoned my horse.
Without resilience it lasted about 15 seconds.
Using my 4x 120 Bard, it was removed every time on the first tick but no message given.

Coalminer22

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Good to know, so it works but only gives a message on players

Thanks Logrus, I can see why you have the 'UO Legend' title ;)