• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Masteries

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I just found out about Masteries. I'm trying to do a vendor search and nothing is coming up on the Atlantic Shard. What key words should I be using and which is the most OP mastery? If I had to go with Parrying or Fencing.. which way should I go? The last time I really played was in Age of Shadows so I'm stuck in the Chivalry rut right now.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just found out about Masteries. I'm trying to do a vendor search and nothing is coming up on the Atlantic Shard. What key words should I be using and which is the most OP mastery? If I had to go with Parrying or Fencing.. which way should I go? The last time I really played was in Age of Shadows so I'm stuck in the Chivalry rut right now.
Primer *insert skill*

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Vendor search breaks often at times unfortunately

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did extensive testing of Skill Masteries when they came out with ToL, and posted the results.

I definitely need to re-do those though and post a more up-to-date thread on them, now that much more is known about Skill Masteries.

For PvM though, between Fencing Mastery and Parry Mastery, Fencing is more useful.

FENCING
Thrust is a sustained Toggle, and when it is toggled with Lvl 3 Fencing Mastery, your auto attacks will deal +18% damage and reduce your victim's attack damage by 18% for 8 seconds. Both the damage bonus for yourself and the damage debuff to your victim stacks with successive hits, up to +54% damage for yourself, and -50% damage for victim, however successive hits do not refresh the duration. It costs 30 Mana (subject to LMC) to toggle Thrust, and each successful hit landed during Thrust consumes 30 Mana (subject to LMC) to strengthen the buff/debuff. Thrust can be toggled without cooldown, and lasts until either you un-toggle it, or run out of Mana while attacking. The -Damage debuff to victims does not stack with the effects of Feint. Attacks during Thrust cannot exceed 35 damage in PvP.

"Pierce" with 120 Fencing/120 Tactics does about 40-50% of the victim's max Stamina in Stamina damage over 10 secs in PvP. Against players with low max Stamina, they can potentially out-regenerate the Stam damage. In PvM, Pierce seems to almost always damage 40% of the victim's max Stamina over 10 secs, even monsters that have massive Stamina, such as Anlorvaglem (1,100 DEX/Stam, so 400+ Stam damage in 10 seconds). Three Pierces is enough to drop most creatures to 0 Stamina. Pierce struggles though to lower the Stamina of creatures with Paragon level regen. It requires constant upkeep of Pierce on them to lower their Stamina, and if Pierces falls off of them for even 5 seconds, they can quickly regain their Stamina.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
To start, get a level 3 mastery in your weapon skill for "Warrior's Gifts". However, in your other thread, there was a recommendation to go with Mace Fighting over Fencing. Both of these skills have relatively low cost 120 power scrolls and primer 3s for sale on most shards. However, between Fencing and Mace Fighting, I concur with the recommendation to shift to Mace. The War Axe is a very effective 1-handed PvM weapon with Armor Ignore.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To start, get a level 3 mastery in your weapon skill for "Warrior's Gifts". However, in your other thread, there was a recommendation to go with Mace Fighting over Fencing. Both of these skills have relatively low cost 120 power scrolls and primer 3s for sale on most shards. However, between Fencing and Mace Fighting, I concur with the recommendation to shift to Mace. The War Axe is a very effective 1-handed PvM weapon with Armor Ignore.
The main reason Macing tends to be better than Fencing, isn't the weapons (Leaf Blade > War Axe, Spiked Whip > Barbed Whip), but is due to the "Stagger" Mastery. Stagger applies a -60% SSI debuff for 10 secs to the victim, and can be refreshed or even applied to multiple opponents at once. Stagger can neuter the melee damage output of enemies, and really shined during the latest "Treasures of " events, where you could bandy heal between a Staggered opponent's swings. My Macer/Paladin was able to take on a Para WW+Para AOL or Para Ram+Para LL at same time and win due to Stagger.
Opponents with incredibly high Stamina however (such as Anlorvaglem with 1,100 Stam, or Exodus or some Blackthorn's Captains), can still swing at max speed while under Stagger (unless their Stam is brought low by either Pierce or Hit Fatigue).

One incredible duo, is a Macer paired with a Fencer. The Fencer uses Pierce first to drop the opponent to 0% Stamina, and then the Macer keeps Stagger up for the -60% SSI debuff, as they 2 second cross heal each other with bandies. This duo can quite easily do Blackthorn's Captains and Exodus.

Last edited: