• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Massively's Video Tour of Lion's Arch

B

Bella

See Guild Wars 2's Lion's Arch for the first time

by Shawn Schuster on Apr 30th 2012 11:30AM
Betas, Fantasy, Video, Guild Wars 2, Hands-on
Nice video tour of Lion's Arch, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!
I should add that most, if not all, of the videos I've seen of GW2 footage really do not do the game graphics justice. When you are in the world, the colors are so vibrant and the world is so alive. I've yet to see a video really capture the beauty of GW2.
Lion's Arch was a staple city in the original Guild Wars, so its presence 250 years later in Guild Wars 2excites many hardcore fans of the lore. In this last weekend's beta event for Guild Wars 2, participants got to see the new Lion's Arch for the first time, answering several questions about its appearance and function in this more modern Tyria.

Our own Richie Procopio ventured into Lion's Arch to grab some video footage for those who didn't get a chance to see the city during the crazy weekend. The video shows a walk-through of the major features, including some amazing bird's-eye views and even a bit of the city at night. Click past the cut to watch the entire video.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great find Bella. Thank you for posting. :)

One thing I did notice in the beta weekend was how day and night cycle was done very well. I was glad to see they used it in the video near the end for players to see the view as day and night. On the plus side little things like the city sound, and conversations between NPC's was a nice touch.