• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Massive Engine Lag In The Latest Pinco (FIXED)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there; Making a separate thread for this, but asking around today it seems that a few people I know, myself included, having updated to the very most recent Pinco UI are suffering intense slowdown with it. Using items in the backpack in particular triggers it... I noticed it especially trying to open lobster traps today. It's perhaps been slowing down a little as it becomes more and more complex, but today it's just unplayable. I switched back to the default UI to confirm and it runs fine there, traps empty instantly, moving items is smooth... but back to Pinco and it's become a slideshow, everything seems to stick to the mouse when double clicked (or get dragged into the auto-loot bag). It's not the FPS setting, and I can't see anything else which would obviously be the cause... has anyone else seen this yet?

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed I am, I patched earlier today... I got someone else to update an hour ago and they said it was horribly laggy once done too. I'm going to try a clean install overnight to see if it's a file conflict, but it's literally unplayable with any backpack activity so for tonights lobstering I've switched back to the default EC for now :(

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahah, there's been a further patch since I saw it, and now it's working again... no longer does opening a lobster trap cause disaster! Thanks once more!

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I experience some extreme cpu/gpu load too with the current version of pincos. When I hover over an item and the tooltip is shown, the FPS drops and the game starts to stutter. The bigger the tooltip is (the more lines it has), the more FPS I loose and the bigger the lag is...
Just checked it with fraps. I'm running a constant FPS of 45-50. As soon as I hover an item with lots of properties, it drops down to 5-10 FPS! When I disable "Show extra item property info", it only drops down to 38-40 FPS with the very same tooltip. And when I completely swicth back from pincos UI to the default UI, the game runs steady at 60 FPS and there is no drop when a tooltip is showing.

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And when I completely swicth back from pincos UI to the default UI, the game runs steady at 60 FPS and there is no drop when a tooltip is showing.
Same here. Especially when having one or more containers open.