• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MASSIVE CHANGE IN EA/ORIGIN SHOP / CANT BUY A ****

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sighs wearily*

So we can purchase again. Yay. Game time is missing. Boo.

Unsurprisingly, the 50% code doesn't work on anything UO now...even though it should clearly work on the expansion packs. Once again, UO player get jerked around. (Digital currencies were expressly prohibited from the sale.)

I was going to throw money at EA and upgrade several accounts. However, now the only thing I have for all involved is a single-finger salute.

Get your **** together EA.

I thought the currency thing was a bug. The code only worked for ToL expansion and a few theme packs. Nothing good like character slot or house limit.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought the currency thing was a bug. The code only worked for ToL expansion and a few theme packs. Nothing good like character slot or house limit.
It worked on everything so they "broke it" and when they "repaired it" it works on nothing.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you only get the code at the end of a transaction when you use a verified CC. if you are using a new CC, or are a new user you have to wait upwards of 72 hours to get the code.
Always use paypal for this, you get the codes right away :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they should contact the illegal 3rd party sites for tips on how to setup a shopping cart page. :gee:

Quite honestly, if Origin/EA/Mythic/Broadsword/<insert name here> offered anywhere near the service and convenience of one of those sites, those sites wouldnt be in operation.

People used to always wonder why they didnt try to shut them down. Legally probably wasn't worth the time and expense, but, they could shut em down by stealing their business from them by doing a better job than the 3rd party sites. But hell, digital codes with delivery problems, and they often (according to their own personnel) run out of codes...and this is THEIR product lol.

Like everyone else, I do business where I get the best CS and quickest service, hence, I seldom buy anything from EA etc themselves.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still wanna know what the censored word in the title of this post is... Ca'nt buy a... ****? Do they even sell *****? Help me.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I liked it better when words weren't censored by Stratics...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried using the 50% off code..was a no go got irritated, purchased it anyways..got an email saying orders take from 24-72 hours..really? You had no problem taking my money .000025 seconds after I clicked submit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried using the 50% off code..was a no go got irritated, purchased it anyways..got an email saying orders take from 24-72 hours..really? You had no problem taking my money .000025 seconds after I clicked submit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are waiting for your purchase to clear your bank.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I go to the store, want to buy sovereigns, it says enter promo code ORIGIN50 to save, but when I do it says: This promo code does not apply to one or more items in your cart. Please make sure your cart contains only items that are eligible for this promo code before proceeding. This even though on the page I am clicking from to order it has the 'enter promo code' to save at the top of the page above the sovereigns. Some of you have said you could get them 50% off or am I just imagining things? Is there some 'trick' to it? Or is it just another rip off from Origin that only applies to 'some' not all. The date this promo is supposed to end is 22nd of Sept, it is only the 20th today. I am using the Australian site. Or did they make a mistake and have now taken sovereigns off the 'purchase' code list?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried to buy some sovereigns and got the popup about needing to have the game installed, click close and couldn't continue. Guess I don't really need that soulstone token after all.
View attachment 53648
When I got that pop up I figured it meant you had to have the game installed already, which I have, so to proceed was ok. I took it as a warning for those who don't already have the game installed as buying sovereigns for a game they don't have would be pointless and at the present time the game wasn't available for purchase?. It would let me proced to payment. Or did I read it wrong?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I go to the store, want to buy sovereigns, it says enter promo code ORIGIN50 to save, but when I do it says: This promo code does not apply to one or more items in your cart. Please make sure your cart contains only items that are eligible for this promo code before proceeding. This even though on the page I am clicking from to order it has the 'enter promo code' to save at the top of the page above the sovereigns. Some of you have said you could get them 50% off or am I just imagining things? Is there some 'trick' to it? Or is it just another rip off from Origin that only applies to 'some' not all. The date this promo is supposed to end is 22nd of Sept, it is only the 20th today. I am using the Australian site. Or did they make a mistake and have now taken sovereigns off the 'purchase' code list?
EXCLUDES STAR WARS™ THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY, GAME TIME CODES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EXCLUDES STAR WARS™ THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY, GAME TIME CODES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS.
Yeah I read that but I thought someone on here had said they got the discount on their sovereigns, hence why I asked. Maybe I was mistaken. Problem is that if they aren't gonna give any discounts on virtual currency any more it means UO players are out of luck when they do offer discounts seeing as they don't give em on game time, expansions and the only items we used to get discounts on are now only 'in game store' items which require virtual currency.

OH found it this quote further up was why I was asking:

You guys know that Origin/EA Website have Nothing to do with UO right?
and yes, We were able to buy since Monday Sovereigns for 50% off, until Origin decided to change their "new" layout
I was intending to buy some sovereigns but this whole store thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as it is so discriminatory. Why do other games get 50% off most stuff accept UO due to us now being forced to use the in game store without the option to purchase the same items off the uo store. It seems stuff we used to get discounts on (if we waited for the sales etc) is now unobtainable. Seriously need to consider how much longer to play this game.

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I got that pop up I figured it meant you had to have the game installed already, which I have, so to proceed was ok. I took it as a warning for those who don't already have the game installed as buying sovereigns for a game they don't have would be pointless and at the present time the game wasn't available for purchase?. It would let me proced to payment. Or did I read it wrong?
They had fixed the pop-up after I posted the message, it now allows you to move forward but when I first did it, it did not. If they don't plan on having sales on sovereigns they could have sales on the items you buy with them in the in-game store, which would be a win-win. This week only, soulstones only cost 400 sovereigns, etc...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You guys know that Origin/EA Website have Nothing to do with UO right?
and yes, We were able to buy since Monday Sovereigns for 50% off, until Origin decided to change their "new" layout
They had fixed the pop-up after I posted the message, it now allows you to move forward but when I first did it, it did not. If they don't plan on having sales on sovereigns they could have sales on the items you buy with them in the in-game store, which would be a win-win. This week only, soulstones only cost 400 sovereigns, etc...
That would be a solution but I am not holding my breath. Doubt if anyone cares to be honest. :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I read that but I thought someone on here had said they got the discount on their sovereigns, hence why I asked. Maybe I was mistaken. Problem is that if they aren't gonna give any discounts on virtual currency any more it means UO players are out of luck when they do offer discounts seeing as they don't give em on game time, expansions and the only items we used to get discounts on are now only 'in game store' items which require virtual currency.

OH found it this quote further up was why I was asking:

I was intending to buy some sovereigns but this whole store thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as it is so discriminatory. Why do other games get 50% off most stuff accept UO due to us now being forced to use the in game store without the option to purchase the same items off the uo store. It seems stuff we used to get discounts on (if we waited for the sales etc) is now unobtainable. Seriously need to consider how much longer to play this game.
B4 the store "BROKE" that code was working on everything UO related and the first thing to go was game-time and then the next thing we knew the store "BROKE" and now that code does not work on anything UO related, LOL, go figure. And look mysteriously the game-time codes are back.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it also didn't work for the gothic theme pack when I tried. I wonder if it works for anything UO related at all...

Funny thing too, I was able to find 1, 3 and 6 month game time codes 5 minutes ago and now they're gone again...guess I should have bought some while they were there...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've never seen any UO products included in the Origin sales! I think the fact that the code DID work for a couple of days was actually an accident and that's why they stopped people from buying anything UO related. Now they have 'fixed' it I doubt that they will change it back to everything except sovereigns. :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People reported getting the ORIGIN50 to work on everything UO related b4 the store mysteriously "BROKE" and then alls we could do was look at items and there were no game-time to even look at. Then when the store mysteriously got "FIXED" we were able to buy UO stuff, still no game codes, but the ORIGIN50 no longer worked on anything UO and now look we have game codes back. This happened right after the store moved to this new design, I guess someone forgot to copy over all the UO blocks for its items but didn't last long b4 they caught on and BROKE it.