• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Massive amount of players?

S

Shyanne1

On the main page is a bulletin about the reason why people are hanging up at 35%. My understanding is that it is because there are a massive amount of players in the game logging on. Everytime I've been on there have only been 1-8 houses on the skill top 100 open and about the same on the money houses and not all of them are full. Not to be flip but how is that Massive amount of players? I could understand if the top 100 had the first 25 houses lit and full but they don't. How many players can this game realistically hold? With the influx of free players and referrals I'm afraid this might start start to happen more and more.

I would also like to see the free players being limited to Test Center. The free players can see what the game is like there and let the paying players pay in EA Land. Free players can do more in TC so I'm confused as to why they need to be in EA Land. In TC it sounds like they can get the feel for the entire game with no limits or much less than EA Land. This might also cut down on the massive amount of players really being able to do nothing in EA Land but take up space. I'm not against free player accounts but when we have a server where they could be I don't understand why we need them in EA Land.

G

I totally agree with this post with one correction, I believe paying customers should not be allowed in the free area of the game, Only thing being is that they already have ea land, and all that it offers, Tc 3 is being punished for thier complaints over there, Trying to limit us more and more each day, If we are free players and are in tc3 only, then that is great and shouldn't be able to go to ea land, just as paying customers shouldn't be able to go to tc3 to complain about our free accounts,and try to limit us more an more , just like the visitor times, aren't counted anymore if your a free account, well we wouldn't have to worry about that if there wasn't any paying customers there, and there is only few as it seems now as the times on lots have drop drasictly,and its going to be a no win win sitution, only my observion here ...As well as We were supose to have full game on tc 3 we don't our payouts are low and we don't get visitor bonus anymore, and our machines lost their 1 dollar payout to owner of machine etc: how are we getting the better deal let the free players test the game for the paying customers in ea land, get paying customers out of their and let us free players handle the testing fo ryou all.. and stop complaining, that is why I became a free player as I got tired of hearing and haveing to complain myself.

G

As a co-owner of the Number one Service lot in EAL
I would have to agree with you that I dont understand the whole "mass" load up people coming into the game. My lot is rarely full anymore with all the free players who are transferring to TC3 but why should it matter since they don't count for my hours anymore.

le sigh

as much as I want them to count for my hours

=/ there are those cheating people
who ruin it for others...

but anywho

getting back to my original point

where are these "Hoards" of people 0.0

and why arent you lot coming to visit me

I

imported_MattelMichele

I get my fair share of hungry & moola-less avi's, and as long as they don't beg & scream at me, we get along just fine. As for massive amounts of players, they must be hiding in store lots.

As a service lot owner i would expect more free account vistors, but we at the most entertain 10-15 a day.

There must be some secret free player society gearing up to take over....no?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I've had a pretty steady stream of 'singles' land and leave recently. I thought maybe they were checking to see if I was afk though

The top 100 list isn't really accurate in determining how many are online. You need to remember there are people that hang out in homes that don't even show up on the list, there are some that are working jobs, and even people that just hang out in city view chatting.

SO don't let the top 100 list confuse ya.

There are also a lot of 'occassional' people who only place certain days of the week. I know a whole group that only play on Saturday mornings and another that plays only on tuesdays.

I'll probably be setting a schedule of when I play too. With the game stabilizing, I may actually be able to feel like I don't have to provide the population of the entire city any longer. I'm definitely enjoying just handing out as a normal sim that isn't fighting to save my city any longer.

P

PJ EST

secret free player society gearing up to take over..ROFLOL thank I needed that silly laugh you gave me.

I agree where are the massive amounts of players? If the servers are unable to handle this amount of players why aren't they getting more servers set up? I'm really confused about this issue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I totally agree with this post with one correction, I believe paying customers should not be allowed in the free area of the game, Only thing being is that they already have ea land, and all that it offers, Tc 3 is being punished

[/ QUOTE ]

Test Center 3 is for testing new features.
Its original purpose is not to be a free player haven.

Of course it needs experienced players testing the features as well as free sims.

S

Shyanne1

ok, so there may be many people at certain times on the server but this is an online game. Shouldn't it be able to hold MORE than what the average is at any given time? If this continues I guess we won't have to worry about low payouts since we won't be able to play anyway.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I get my fair share of hungry &amp; moola-less avi's, and as long as they don't beg &amp; scream at me, we get along just fine. As for massive amounts of players, they must be hiding in store lots.

As a service lot owner i would expect more free account vistors, but we at the most entertain 10-15 a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I also think that they should be limited to TC3 and learn how to play game better there since they don't have any restrictions. I had a couple of the free accounts come into my home a few days ago and it just so happened I was teaching at the time. The freebies we're trying to interact with us and it made it impossible to que up. I told them not to interact since I was trying to teach and while I was q'ing up again one of them tried another interaction with the student and I lost all the lessons..lol

S

Shyanne1

A solution to this might be to lock your house while you are teaching. I know you shouldn't have to do that but with even paying players that could happen as well.

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I get my fair share of hungry &amp; moola-less avi's, and as long as they don't beg &amp; scream at me, we get along just fine. As for massive amounts of players, they must be hiding in store lots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I also think that they should be limited to TC3 and learn how to play game better there since they don't have any restrictions. I had a couple of the free accounts come into my home a few days ago and it just so happened I was teaching at the time. The freebies we're trying to interact with us and it made it impossible to que up. I told them not to interact since I was trying to teach and while I was q'ing up again one of them tried another interaction with the student and I lost all the lessons..lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Ughhh, me too! they always gravitate to the area i'm workin' in.

R

Rosebush3333

"I totally agree with this post with one correction, I believe paying customers should not be allowed in the free area of the game"

You really think that paying customers should be banned from TC3? Not sure who you think is paying for this game. I am a paying player, created in TC3 the day it opened, but I should not, by your estimation, be allowed to play there? I am sure that idea will go over well.

"paying customers shouldn't be able to go to tc3 to complain about our free accounts,and try to limit us more an more , just like the visitor times, aren't counted anymore if your a free account, well we wouldn't have to worry about that if there wasn't any paying customers there"

"As well as We were supose to have full game on tc 3 we don't our payouts are low and we don't get visitor bonus anymore, and our machines lost their 1 dollar payout to owner of machine etc: how are we getting the better deal "

ohhh wahhhh already. Your better deal is you are paying nothing for the same game. Payouts suck the same in EALand so don't worry, we're all being mistreated fairly, lol. With the exception that we pay for our spankings.

"let the free players test the game for the paying customers in ea land, get paying customers out of their and let us free players handle the testing fo ryou all"

Why should testing be limited to those of you who pay nada? Why not by the people who have enough of a vested interest in the game to actually pay for it?

"and stop complaining, that is why I became a free player as I got tired of hearing and haveing to complain myself. "

Becoming a free player does not entitle you to a complaint free life.

G

massive amounts of player?? they WISH!
the game will only be sucessful with massive amounts of players, yet we are hearing this might be the *problem* with not being able to get into the game?
catch-22?

C

Creed84

Well for the server they are using for this game 50 people trying to log in will cause this problem. Looks like to me the server they are using for this game is equal to that of a subserver on most MMORPGS. In MMORPGS like EQ, EQ2, WoW ect. They have 1st a login server, That takes you to a screen that lists the many different servers (usually worlds). Then on those servers you have different types/sizes of servers. Each city/area/zone has its own server. like a sub server.Sometimes in those "places" they have more smaller servers you can enter into. Just like EALand has its server. and the cities are sub servers of the ealand server, and the properties as well, it seems. But where this is going to, is it seems the server that EALand is on is that quality of a sub server. If you get around 100 sims on line the sever will lag, it isnt big enough to process all that data smoothly.
Each sim ahs diffierent looks to them, clothing names accessories ect. server has to proceess them all, all the time. The text adds to the lag. Just like on properties. Those sub sub servers have to process all of the data there,all the time, not only your avatar and text, but the items on property as well, plus if your avatar is going through motions that has to be processed as well. and that is why lag also becomes more when lights are turned on or the dance floors become active and the spotlights ect. more for that poor substandard server to process. Yes they made the code for the property to accept 35 people on it, but they never updated the little server it is on to handle it. Same as with this server they have the entire EALand on. They need this on a better and more up to date server. Btw this is just in layman terms. the fact is though the server they are using for this game will not handle what their goal projection for accounts playing the game is. Looks like they are trying to cram this all on a server the size of the servers they used for the cities when they were on separate servers.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

ok, so there may be many people at certain times on the server but this is an online game. Shouldn't it be able to hold MORE than what the average is at any given time? If this continues I guess we won't have to worry about low payouts since we won't be able to play anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are problems signing in now because the game is still undergoing changes. All the cities are together now but there is still many more things needing to happen to make the game 100%.

Fine tuning and necessary adjustments should be expected for the time being.

I kinda thought the thread was about 'how many' people appeared to be online. I often log on at 4:00 am in the morning with a few of my sims....has anyone see me or my houses..?

C

Creed84

Actually the thread was started to ask how can it be that people cant get in because massive amounts of people are trying to get in at the same time. For the server this game is on. 35 accounts trying to sign in is a massive amount for the server to handle. Hence the reason why sometimes you can not get in right away. Too many accounts trying to get in than the server can handle.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If this is the case then it sounds like we need more hardware updates immediately. If EA expects the game to grow, they will have to increase the capapbilities of their network. I suspect our so-called massive numbers are not anywhere near their target number yet.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

Actually the thread was started to ask how can it be that people cant get in because massive amounts of people are trying to get in at the same time. For the server this game is on. 35 accounts trying to sign in is a massive amount for the server to handle. Hence the reason why sometimes you can not get in right away. Too many accounts trying to get in than the server can handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to be fair you don't really know what their hardware and server setup is but even if there were 200 people signing on or playing it should be able to handle it. I doubt that hardware is the issue because I'm sure that EA could upgrade that if it were the problem. As for having to wait to have them tweak the game because all the cities are together just isn't cutting it for me. This is a highly successful software company that has been working on this game for over 6 years. Don't you think they should of figured out connectivity problems by now?

G

Alright I've read enough.

To address the issue of this thread first, you are all missunderstanding. It is not the number of players IN the game already that is causing the hangups, in is the amount hitting "log in" at the same time that is causing it. Everyone was trying to log in over and over all night long, and it causes backups.

Now, to address the rest. First of all, the discrimination against free players by some on this board is mind boggling. Acting as if we're all bumbling fools because we haven't yet or can't pay for an account at this time. If you'd like to outright insult me as a free player, I'm welcome to it directly. I'll gladly defend myself and those I've met who are legitimate and yet free players in the game.

As for limiting the free players to TC3, the reason they don't is so you can start and account and check out the map, see a few lots in the busier area etc... before you pay. Free play is not really meant to extend beyond that in EA Land, but hey, if you can't take a few new players or freeloaders then don't play it. Its an MMO, you're going to encounter all kinds of people. And, as my previous comment illustrates, free players are not a majority of degenerate lowlifes, and I'm offended on a high level that we are treated as such. I have no problem with payed players in TC3, in fact I have many friends who pay, and the whole idea of seperation in any way won't ever and shouldn't ever happen.

There, take it how you will, I couldn't remain silent any longer.

C

Creed84

From playing a lot of MMORPGS for the last 10 years maybe 11, playing a lot of test, and being in chats with devs from those games I have played. Yes, this game is on a substandard server. That is why even on games like EQ EQ2 and WoW there are places youdo not want your whole raiding party zoning into.. it will crash that server. There is a reason WoW went through a period of where it would take some people hours to be able to get into the game. The devs even said they didnt expect such a volume of subscribers to the game. Yes, the evidence is highly visible that the server they used for EALand is subpar to the demands that they are putting on it. I may not be a doctor, but i know measels, mumps and chicken pox when I see it. You dont have to be a bridge engineer to know when a bridge is getting more stress than it was built for, especially when the signs are quite visible.

BTW how many acoounts signed in on a server does affect whether or not that server will allow more accounts access to it.
AV, busiest of the former production cities, always had that problem server crashed when it could not handle the load any more and if it was too busy handling the information already in its server, you couldnt get in. Again, if the server can't handle it, there will be a multitude of problems. Symptoms of a server too small to handle what is being demanded upon it. Just like your computers, you have a 512 mb and you play a game that needs a 1 gig ram for it to run smoooth for you, expect performance problems.

B

brendagfrie

I agree that the free players should remain in the TC3 area and cut back on the so called busy traffic in EAL, but I do not agree that paying subscribers should be limited to where they can go or what they can do in any way. If you can play for free and get all the same things as paying subscribers then why should any of us pay to play? You are just really having a free city and a pay city and they both have all the same things available. The paying players in TC3 are there because they like to test new things and help the free players learn how to play the game. My store in AV has free players constantly coming in crying about not having money and asking me a million questions about how to play the game (even though I am busy teaching) and they want to get fed for free while they run around and explore my house and constantly get in the way. They really need to be directed to a greeting house so they can learn how to play the game and shouldn't be putting a burden on the subscribers who are already short on cash and don't get to play the game as much as we would like anyway because of all this down time. Oh, and when I give them directions on how to get to a greeting house I have heard answers like "well thats too hard".

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I do not believe in limiting anyone to a particular server. Free accounts are restrticted enough as it is in EA-Land without banishing them completely. Test Center is a place to test. Testing the game for new players, and testing new features for veteran players. In this brave new world, we must all discover our abilities and limitations of what makes the game fun.

I have many old friends that drop by to visit on free acounts in EALand. They can log in and just come by for a chat anytime. Some have re-subscribed to play, others aren't really ready to commit or may never wish to play the game.

If you are honestly irritated by free players asking questions you have an ignore feature built into the game already. I can assure you that if you simply put them on ignore they get the message and leave your house. What is the point of them sticking around if you aren't even listening?

When TC goes down for updates, many players wander over to EA-Land and vice versa. I would hate to not be able to login to TC3 while EA-Land server is down.

C

Creed84

Well kind of weak complaining about freeplayers playing in EALand adding to the the traffic, because the problem isnt the free accounts. It is the server cant handle that many accounts online perriod. replace those free accounts with paid accounts, same issues with the servers. Only thing i can see about keeping paying accounts out of free player places, is to keep people from making free accounts to trade with there pay accounts, and if there is not an issue with that, no reason for paying subscribers to be not allowed anyplace because they are a premium account.

BTW nicely said Gracie.

S

Shadowbay

Id just like to be able to test the things already in EA Land a little more often than I have lately, and as for massive amounts of players, if they had massive amounts of paying customers, they wouldnt need to have free 10 year old players running loose, hoping to have them subscribe, which in my opinion is why the date has been changed to the end of April, just my opinion on some of it

rah rahs .. ready, set ... open fire now !

G

<blockquote><hr>

Id just like to be able to test the things already in EA Land a little more often than I have lately, and as for massive amounts of players, if they had massive amounts of paying customers, they wouldnt need to have free 10 year old players running loose, hoping to have them subscribe, which in my opinion is why the date has been changed to the end of April, just my opinion on some of it

rah rahs .. ready, set ... open fire now !

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another shot at free players. Its a good thing this is a virtual world we're talking about, discrimination runs deep.

As I said in another thread, the reason free play exists is that successful online MMO's as of late have been free to play with the option of purchasing premium content. It allows a try before you buy, but doesn't impose a strict timeframe. Without it, EA Land would die quickly at its current stage.

H

hollythor

I agree, however very soon the free players will only get 1 sim in EALand, not 3. So that does indeed help. Besides, from what I've noticed so far is that there are alot of foreign speaking sims. I'm assuming when they realize no one can talk to them, they will stop playing, lol. hehe Not against free play either, but really glad that the free accts will no longer count for store visitor bonus. hehe

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree, however very soon the free players will only get 1 sim in EALand, not 3. So that does indeed help. Besides, from what I've noticed so far is that there are alot of foreign speaking sims. I'm assuming when they realize no one can talk to them, they will stop playing, lol. hehe Not against free play either, but really glad that the free accts will no longer count for store visitor bonus. hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

I play in TC3, and to be honest I'm glad I do. Ea Land players, at least on this site, have insulted me directly or indirectly so many times I can't even count.

The problem is not just amount of users on the server, its is the game code itself being worked on

S

Shadowbay

I said 10 year old players, and there are a lot of them hon, I have nothing against someone trying the game out first and playing free, Im a founder from 02 and played free before I decided to stay and pay, my point is, 10 year olds shouldnt be allowed to play, and that comes from parents using the game as a babysitter and not paying attention to their activities here, Ive met some cool free players, and I hope they stay, free or pay ... get it ? .. got it ? .. good !

G

<blockquote><hr>

I said 10 year old players, and there are a lot of them hon, I have nothing against someone trying the game out first and playing free, Im a founder from 02 and played free before I decided to stay and pay, my point is, 10 year olds shouldnt be allowed to play, and that comes from parents using the game as a babysitter and not paying attention to their activities here, Ive met some cool free players, and I hope they stay, free or pay ... get it ? .. got it ? .. good !

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you're post can easily be missinterpreted as a dig at free players all being 10 year olds, read it over and think of it in that way and I think you'll agree. If you didn't mean it that way, and were directing your comment as you say, then I apologize. I don't throw insults around on here lightly as has been done to me

The game should be at the very least 13 and older, and I'd honestly go a little higher considering some of the content, and the chances of addiction.

S

Shadowbay

fair enough cutes .. I can see how it could be misunderstood .. lol, have a nice day

G

<blockquote><hr>

fair enough cutes .. I can see how it could be misunderstood .. lol, have a nice day

[/ QUOTE ]

You too

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you're post can easily be missinterpreted as a dig at free players all being 10 year olds, read it over and think of it in that way and I think you'll agree. If you didn't mean it that way, and were directing your comment as you say, then I apologize. I don't throw insults around on here lightly as has been done to me

The game should be at the very least 13 and older, and I'd honestly go a little higher considering some of the content, and the chances of addiction.

[/ QUOTE ]

The argument about the game having 13 year olds has been beat to death so often and has not been won. I too believe that because of the content the possibility of a 62 year old man or woman sexually talking to a 10 or 13 year old makes me cringe. The fact that they don't even know it makes it worse. THAT is the only reason why I oppose children in the game. Most of the kids that play are more mature than the adults, however, because of the potential to be dangerous I have alway's advocated for the game to be 18+. It won't happen until someone gets hurt or something happens.
The fact that they can put parental controls on is silly. They can't chat and I forget what else but it makes the game almost unplayable for them.