• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

March 20th, 9-ish a.m. PDT, TC3 going offline (Updated!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

...for an update! Yay!

We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour. Please keep an eye out on the blog for version notes.

Edited to correct the date.

11:18 Update: We're having a major issue with our internal test server. We need to fix that bug and make that build stable before we're comfortable to bring it out for you guys to test.

I'll keep you guys update!

4:44 Update: Because EA-Land is taking longer than expected, we're going to hold off on updating TC3 until tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. PDT.

C

Carter'

<blockquote><hr>

And when do you plan on merging more cities?

[/ QUOTE ]

There arnt many more citys to be merged BF

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]More cities? How many more of them are there to merge?

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]More cities? How many more of them are there to merge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Blazing Falls and possibly Betaville. Maybe he thinks there'll be "lost cities" added to the map?

N

NightFlyer

"Poster: Parizad@EA
Subject: Re: March 18th, 11-ish a.m. PST, TC3 going offline

...for an update! Yay!

We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour. Please keep an eye out on the blog for version notes. "

*scratches head*

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Poster: Parizad@EA
Subject: Re: March 18th, 11-ish a.m. PST, TC3 going offline

...for an update! Yay!

We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour. Please keep an eye out on the blog for version notes. "

I think since tomorrow is our normal update day (Wednesday) this was just an advance posting of the fact that the city would be going down. Does seem a little premature though since the city isn't going down till mid-morning PST and not early in the morning, but maybe Parizad needs sleep, which would account for the fact that the date is wrong on the post *and* for the fact that it's posted so early if she plans on sleeping past 11am her time

*scratches head*

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

Or advance notice for tomorrow and the date is wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed!

My bad.

I

imported_debslee

Maybe you were for once thinking of us in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore etc.......
LOL

N

NightFlyer

Hopefully you will remove any exploited money and not leave any extra in like before.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hopefully you will remove any exploited money and not leave any extra in like before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... hopefully.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... hopefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why the games like still down...

H

hollythor

Um, wow..haven't been to tc3 in ages...I like the new log in screen. Is that so we take what pics we want including cc pics and can put them there? If so, sweet, if not...um, what is that all about? LOL

G

Ea land is still down I'm going thru withdrawl, is there an eta?

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Argh, I can never find the post regarding this issue, so can someone tell me what to put in the "target" bar for the shortcut to the EA Client to play in both windows mode and to see all 6 sims in TC3? I'd appreciate it.

G

its exactly identical except for instead of CSCity:EA Land its CSCity:TC3

G

For TC3 you need to add this: "-CSCity:Test Center 3" to your target line, in the client shortcut properties.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

For TC3 you need to add this: "-CSCity:Test Center 3" to your target line, in the client shortcut properties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, thank you so much; "TC3" was not working for me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh I double checked after reading this and I did in fact have to change it to Test Center 3. Somebody else had posted "TC3" and that's how it stuck in my mind but looking back on it I do remember having to elongate it to Test Center 3. Too little sleep, not enough coffee and a long evening ahead yet and still. Mea culpa!
LOL

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh I double checked after reading this and I did in fact have to change it to Test Center 3. Somebody else had posted "TC3" and that's how it stuck in my mind but looking back on it I do remember having to elongate it to Test Center 3. Too little sleep, not enough coffee and a long evening ahead yet and still. Mea culpa!
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries! I appreciated the help anyhow. I should've had the common sense to try the full name, but I too am in need of a few more hours of sleep and a nice pot of coffee. We can take turns napping and brewing up caffeine. Deal?

G

Sleep and caffeine are at a premium today, how bout someone pass me the flask instead?

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

Sleep and caffeine are at a premium today, how bout someone pass me the flask instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to sleep deprivation, how may I be of service?

G

What I really want is a great big Rock Star, guava flavor please.

G

They do not make a smiley with a big enough smile, for this occasion. I never lost hope in the devs making this happen. Thank you all so much!

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Thank you for reminding me! These precious things are in my fridge:

S

Sims2

this money exploit did it affect jobs to as that simoleans would be wiped to right? just wanted to know if it affected the jobs at all.

I

Isimsalotta

<blockquote><hr>

What I really want is a great big Rock Star, guava flavor please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Niki,

You are in Luck!! I have one in my fridge! Bringing one to you right now
Be there ASAP!

P

PB Three

My slot machines better be working when I get there!! JK :p

PB Three

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

You are sweet as pie! What would I do without you?

*jealous of all Kats cool smilies*

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

The suspense is killing me. Can you, uh, inadvertently...misplace the upcoming version notes?

G

<blockquote><hr>

The suspense is killing me. Can you, uh, inadvertently...misplace the upcoming version notes?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

(Tee hee. That was fun!)

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Well, in that case, you'll be seeing a ski mask in a hot minute.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You are sweet as pie! What would I do without you?

*jealous of all Kats cool smilies*

[/ QUOTE ]

I

Isimsalotta

My Pleasure!

This is more fun than a Barrel of Monkeys
Sure glad it is Bingo Wednesday today, without that I would be lost at sea!

J

jafo1972

[quote4:44 Update: Because EA-Land is taking longer than expected, we're going to hold off on updating TC3 until tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. PST.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that 9 am PST or 9 am PDT? Remember daylight savings was a couple weeks ago.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[quote4:44 Update: Because EA-Land is taking longer than expected, we're going to hold off on updating TC3 until tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. PST.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that 9 am PST or 9 am PDT? Remember daylight savings was a couple weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phooey! PDT.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Fixed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats fixed .. cause its now 1130 pm An Ealand is still down lol

G

Okay, so...

As stated previously, we won't take TC3 down while EA-Land is offline. Because I've posted in the other thread that EA-Land will be back up before noon, at this point, honestly, we don't know what time TC3 will go down, or even if it will go down this week.

Mods, will you please lock this thread? I'll make a brand spankin' new one tomorrow if we decide to take TC3 down. That way everyone won't be confused with all the updates.

Thanks guys!

...and with this, I'm outta here! Ooh look, 8 mins before midnight. It is still technically Wednesday! Goodnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.