• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mapping help...

• Thread starter deadpoet4
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

deadpoet4

I'm still pretty new to WOW... I was wondering it there's a utility anywhere that helps recommend the best way to get somewhere. I've hit 265 in leatherworking and I'm starting to see that I'm going to have to go to some strange places to get new recipes -- and I have no clue where I'm going.

Is there something that can help? (Other than the paper maps which I have)

Keep in mind -- only have about 12 of the flying points... I need to get those -- so I'm talking I'm going to have to walk... and walk... and walk.... but have no clue how to get there...

So - I'm not being a typical guy -- I'm asking for directions

B

Bo Riddler

My Paladin has leatherworking and skinning, and I noticed as my skills went up, so did my experience/level. So the higher I got, the more new areas were opened up to me. Example, right around your level of skill, your probably needing to go the the Ferelas area, East side most likely, except their is a good leather provisioner in Feathermoon Hold on the west side of that zone.

I always seemed to be adventuring in areas where I was gaining skill in both the the skins I was collecting and the products I was crafting. So I have never tried to get into area's too far above me, or new to me unless quests took me there.

However, if you are needing to get into some new areas to find recipes, like some of those offered in distant areas like Azshara, maybe we can help. There are some great vendors if you can get to them.

Lets try this, which vendor/area are you seeking, and I will try to get you headed in the right direction?

Also, this link is a general overview of Azeroth. It will get us started.

Alliance noted Azeroth Map.

I hope this helps.

Bo

D

deadpoet4

Wow (no pun intended) that map that you sent me a link to is in fact incredibly helpful.

And yes, in terms of gathering leather, I think I found a good spot to gather good leather and still gain XP. I'm currently at level 39, and have been killing the 41 and 42 level mangy wolf like things up at the Aerie ... which is also helpful, as that is where the "right" trainer is for me at the moment.

However, I'm not getting rugged leather yet, and making it from thick leather is taking me a while.... so basically, there are some in between recipes I was hoping to get to reduce leather consumption - but they don't seem to be in the auction house. So, I went running to Azshara last night. I got there -- but couldn't find the leatherworker and got my butt kicked something fierce

But the main point of the post -- there was no way for me to easily know what the right route was to take to get there. The map you linked me to, should help significantly. I'm going to see if I can get my butt kicked in Tanaris or Ferelas tonight.

Thanks again !

B

Bo Riddler

As you enter Azsarah from the West on the main road, there will be a flight path on your right. Over the next series of hills leading off to the East, you'll encounter Elk, and mean ol' Naga's. You are looking for a clearing on top of a rise of hills. There, in between some rugged rocks, you'll find a lone man standing there near a wagon, if I remember correctly.

If you use a addon that features cords, I can get your the exact cords, or you can search a few wow game sites for the leather working trainers.

Glad the map helped.

What server you on?

Bo

D

deadpoet4

Thanks again for the help/advice.

I'm on Cenarius ... and unfortunately, I can't clean out any of those nagas... at level 39, they're a bit out of my league. Maybe I just advanced my leatherworking a bit too quickly... I'm at 267 now, with skinning at 299.

Maybe I should just go back to Aerie, collect the thick leathers from those wolves up there, and start selling em off for now to make money to get my mount.

Thanks again for your help.

G

at lvl 39 I'd be in tanaris. everything there is skinnable with the exception of the trolls and pirates.

D

deadpoet4

Thanks for the suggestion... a related newbie question though ...

how do I get to some of the newer areas, as it looks like I have to go to Hoard territory?

What's the best way for me to get to Tanaris? I can get to the Wetlands, Booty Bay, Theramore?

Thanks !

B

Bo Riddler

You asked, "What's the best way for me to get to Tanaris? I can get to the Wetlands, Booty Bay, Theramore?"

OK, your headed for Gatgetzan. Or gadgetville as I call it.

I don't know where your starting from but I'll go with Iron Forge.

Iron Forge, fly to Menethil Harbor, Wetlands. From there, take the bottom boat, the one closest to the Southern coastline. That will take you to Theramore and the Duskwallow Marsh.

Once you leave the boat, run up the ramp and follow the road through the Castle proper and take the road West, the path will lead you through the Marshes with an occasional crocodile, but at your level, you'll be fine.

On the far Western side of the Marshes, you'll be leaving the Duskwallow Marsh map and entering The Barrens. Follow the road or skirt the mountains on your left heading South. The main roadway through the Barrens leads you past two instances but ends at a Tauren gaurded elevator.

These guards are around 24th level if I remember correctly, and they will get you flagged pvp. I normally kill one or both then take the elevator down into the Thousand Needles zone. It is a Horde controlled area so watch out for griefers since your flagged.

At the bottom of the elevator you'll follow the road South and then turn East. You need to be careful as a Horde city is down the path a ways, but if you turn and skirt it by running near the Mountains, you'll be fine. This is a 20-30 Horde zone so nothing here is going to hurt you.

Heading East, you'll enter the Shimmering Flats. The road will lead you by vultures and basilisks but again, no problem for you. Follow the road South, through this zone and into Tanaris.

Right over the mountains out of the Shimmering Flats, you'll see ZF on your right, and Gadgetville on your left.

This trip will also net you two new flight paths, or 3 if you make your way to Ratchet in the Barrens.

Hope this helps.

Bo

D

deadpoet4

I was going to start running .. but they took the server down.

Now I have to start thinking about which specialty to pick...

Thanks again.

B

Bo Riddler

I went Dragonscale but not terribly impressed by it.

I think if I could change, I'd go Tribal.

only my thoughts though of course.

Bo

D

deadpoet4

What made you make your choice? What types of characters were you providing armor to? Right now my main character is a hunter .... so I'm trying to decide what kinds of armor would be suit her.

G

hunter = dragonscale leather working and pretty much all the new LW stuff is mail as well

B

Bo Riddler

McFeely is right, I game with my wife, who is a hunter. Since she wore mail I went with Dragonscale so I can craft her armor.

Tribal I am thinking would be better for Shamans. And the third if I remember was Elemental. I think.

Bo