• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Map showing areas where housing is allowed?

Gizmostank

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Is there a map available that shows areas where housing is allowed to be placed? On Atlantic you can walk around for hours testing locations only to find out housing isn't allowed in that location. It would save a lot of time if i knew to avoid those areas in advance.

additionally I wonder if there is a DB of current houses on Atlantic? It seems that such a tool would come in very handy when hunting for available plots.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i've never come across a map that shows valid housing areas. it's an awesome idea though. maintenance might be an issue because the devs make changes without any notice to players.

if you want a "DB" of current houses on atlantic, uoassist will map houses for you.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think we need someone to go around and pick up all the rocks on the landscape. I have tried a number of great spots only to have a rock bar placement.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The worst are spots on the map where I've owned towers/18x18s in the past that are now hilly/have bumps and can't be placed in at all. I wanted to go plop a tower down in one of my 'classic' spots I had one in years ago, couldn't even put a small plot on the same spot.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think we need someone to go around and pick up all the rocks on the landscape. I have tried a number of great spots only to have a rock bar placement.
sometimes you can place over a rock as long as the rock is 1 tile away from a perimeter wall.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The worst are spots on the map where I've owned towers/18x18s in the past that are now hilly/have bumps and can't be placed in at all. I wanted to go plop a tower down in one of my 'classic' spots I had one in years ago, couldn't even put a small plot on the same spot.
my experience with uneven terrain has been hit or miss. sometimes you can place even when it looks like the ground is uneven and other times nothing works. if you have a spot with a 'bump', often you can place over it but you have to make sure the bump is not touching any perimeter wall and there is 1 tile space between the outer wall and edge of the bump.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is there a map available that shows areas where housing is allowed to be placed? On Atlantic you can walk around for hours testing locations only to find out housing isn't allowed in that location. It would save a lot of time if i knew to avoid those areas in advance.

additionally I wonder if there is a DB of current houses on Atlantic? It seems that such a tool would come in very handy when hunting for available plots.
The map would be interesting - I can at least try to build one but I think it would take time to do.

AS far as a database of current house on Atlantic? I wouldn't even try to start that. Too hard.